English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 27 December 2018, 18:13   #41
mcgeezer
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 1,393
I think regardless of what happens we have to respect the decision of the developers to make games using whatever framework they like to work with, if they want to sell their game commercially then let them do it, no-one forces anyone to buy their games.

On to Shatterhands points...

With that said and like any consumer product, if the game hasn't been properly tested or the minimum specs of the game are not clear then gamers will take to social media / internet forums to complain about it and then that's when reputations get damaged.

Lastly...

Making games is fucking hard work, but it's also very enjoyable to see your creation come to life. I personally make games for stock Amiga's so that the core Amiga community can enjoy the game (and I enjoy the technical challenge ofcourse).

The only thing I know about Vampires is they knock about in the night and should be avoided at all costs.
mcgeezer is online now  
Old 27 December 2018, 18:18   #42
Amiten
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 519
Hi everyone again, wow!, how many comments, well I guess this is a forum and for that is , first of all I want to thank everyone for the samples of support and also the questions that have arisen from all these comments. Thank you!.

I hope I do not extend much, I'll go in parts.

@DamienD
mate, you can not compare Backbone or Redpill With AMOS, that's not right, AMOS is a Basic Programming Language Oriented to the creation of Games for AMIGA, but it is not limited to GAMES you can do anything, it is a complete language unlike the game creators Backbone (which was written in AMOS) or RedPill (written in Blitzbasic). AMOS Requires knowledge of programming and writing code, the others do not need to write code just to know its interface.

Thanks also for wanting sales to go well, even though you think our game is expensive and we use a "shit" of language when there are super mega games at 3€. Regards

@ 4pLaY
Thank you Very Much, on behalf of my team we are very grateful for all those people who support us. If your intention is to buy the game, surely it is because you like it and what you have tried makes you make that decision. Thank you!

@ saimon69
Mate! Ciao Belo! : D, yes Simone a lot of improvements in Coco Banana and also less demanding in the part of hardware resources compared to The Dream Of Rowan.

@mcgeezer
Hi Mate , The Game Will Run in a "Vanilla or Stock" A1200 if you have HDD, but I'm afraid you will not be able to enjoy a very smooth execution speed, 1 mb Fast (a ridiculous, requirement if we think well today), is all that the game needs, with DualParalax almost 100 colors on screen and good playability, so you can move to 50 images per second and everything created in AMOS not ASM.

1MB of fast RAM ONLY NOT ACCELERATOR is necessary, for example one of these modern 68000 that goes to 10mhz (3 mhz more than an Amiga 500 STOCK) an ACA500 for example and 1 MB of Chip is more than enough for our game.

hey mates, a lot of demands here !! is a new game for AMIGA in 2018 and that needs a bit of Fast RAM OR 10mhz cpu that has that bad?
9€ for a 8 months hard work... what else...

finally everyone is free to think what they want, we can only thank the many people who have supported us and continue to support us every day more people thanks to all these persons our Team can continue Develop for the AMIGA.

I understand that everyone has a personal vision of things, and is OK, nothing happens because of it.

Thank again to the people here that thanks to this post they have known the game and not only that but they have bought it. a big Thank you guys!

Last edited by Amiten; 27 December 2018 at 18:50.
Amiten is offline  
Old 27 December 2018, 18:52   #43
Amiten
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris104 View Post
Any tips for defeating winter boss?
Hi Solaris! ,


Use the platform there , Jump over the platform Fire! and down again Fire and repeat ! all time, you will beat that badass

thank you very much for your Support!
Amiten is offline  
Old 27 December 2018, 18:55   #44
Amiten
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
@Amiten

Thanx for making a new game for Amiga, I'll be buying it soon.
Hello!, thank you , we many appreciated the support!
Amiten is offline  
Old 27 December 2018, 18:56   #45
Amiten
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
My opinion differs a bit here from Damiens:

I think coding stuff in AMOS is okay, and 9€ isn't too much to ask for.

If anything I feel Powerglove is much too cheap at its 3€ for all that work done by its creator.

If people think that's too steep for this game to ask for, they won't buy it. Just let the punters decide...

Off course I'd love the Amiga to get more "vanilla machine" games, but i am happy for every production we get, especially if it's done with nice graphics assets like this one.

my 5 cts, YMMV...
Hello, Thank you !
Amiten is offline  
Old 27 December 2018, 18:56   #46
sokolovic
Registered User

sokolovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Marseille / France
Posts: 225
The core Amiga users have fast ram and at least a HD un 2018, mcgeezer.
Amiga died because people didn't want to expanse, and because by 1993/1994/1995 a game recquiring a HD and more than 1mb chip ram was considered badly even by magazines. (And this is why A1200 users or others that had expanded their HW, were stuck with games only designed to run on 512kb OCS machines not hd installable and playable with only one button.
(This is also why de didn't had an optimized TFX, Frontier 2 and many other games btw)
Plus the game we're talking about isn't even released, and we can see the progress made by the team since their last game (again, recquirements aren't that high either. Ils there really many people just playing with stock A500 and floppies ???)

Last edited by sokolovic; 27 December 2018 at 19:04.
sokolovic is offline  
Old 27 December 2018, 18:57   #47
Amiten
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
This is actually a very nice looking game. I do think it would look much better without the unnecessary "COCO BANANA AMITEN SOFTWARE 2018" text on the screen though.


Because it requires 1 MB fast memory? You're joking right?
Hello,

ok , we will take this commentary and remove the Amiten Software 2018 Letters in a incoming UPDATE! . all the best
Amiten is offline  
Old 27 December 2018, 19:04   #48
Amiten
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
The core Amiga users have fast ram and at least a HD mcgeezer.
Amiga died because people didn't want to expanse, and because by 1993/1994/1995 a game recquiring a HD and more than 1mb chip ram was considered badly even by magazines. (And this is why A1200 users or others that had expanded their HW, were stuck with games only designed to run on 512kb OCS machines not hd installable and playable with only one button.
Plus the game we're talking about isn't even released, and we can see the progress made by the team since their last game (again, recquirements aren't that high either. Ils there really many people just playing with stock A500 and floppies ???)
Hello ,

I agree with you in that statement. PC users for example were not stuck in the 8088 or the 286 with floppies ... 1 MB of fast RAM is all that our game needs . I do not think like some ones claim here "a madness of requirements in 2018"
Amiten is offline  
Old 27 December 2018, 19:10   #49
Amiten
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Penguin View Post
€9 is what, two pints of beer these days? Seems reasonable.

I'm curious as to how you managed dual play field of 16 colours each in ECS.
Hello Penguin , and thank you.


When we Run the Game in a NON AGA system the Games Remplaces the 16 colours background Parallax (dualplayfield) with a beauty 16 colours Copper Effect and leaves 16 colours in the Front, this is how we handle la limitation of 8 colours per playfield in ECS in dualplayfield Mode.
Amiten is offline  
Old 27 December 2018, 19:16   #50
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Shatterhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Rio de Janeiro / Brazil
Age: 36
Posts: 3,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
The core Amiga users have fast ram and at least a HD mcgeezer.
Amiga died because people didn't want to expanse, and because by 1993/1994/1995 a game recquiring a HD and more than 1mb chip ram was considered badly even by magazines. (And this is why A1200 users or others that had expanded their HW, were stuck with games only designed to run on 512kb OCS machines not hd installable and playable with only one button.
Plus the game we're talking about isn't even released, and we can see the progress made by the team since their last game (again, recquirements aren't that high either. Ils there really many people just playing with stock A500 and floppies ???)
I only have an A600 with 2MB Chip Ram and nothing else (Well, also a CF card). Not playing with floppies though, I have a Gotek instead My Floppy Drive is probably stacked somewhere though.

I'll probably go into off-topic here (Sorry Amiten!). I have a small collection of retro-stuff, consoles and computers I enjoy playing with. I keep them because I do like playing the older games and I prefer to use real hardware than emulation.

Undoubtly the Amiga is my fav one, the one I have the best memories, the one I use the most, and its not coincidence its also the one I chose to develop for.

Now we have new games coming to every retro system.. ranging from the Atari 2600 to Mega Drive games, and of course games for the Spectrum, C64, Amiga, etc, and I find this awesome.

I personally see *no* point in developing new hardware so people can develop more advanced games for those systems. I mean, at this point, you could be developing for PC anyway. So I don't understand all the fuss with the Super Game Module for the Colecovision, the Vampire, the VG9990 for the MSX or the Commodore 64 SuperCPU, etc. (But obviously some people do! )

Now I see the Amiga as a "gray area" here, since accelerators and upgrades like this were made back at the day and people did use them. BUT game developers barely ever supported them. So I don't need them to play my "old" games and I can't understand why people go crazy about games supporting new upgrades for old hardware. If I want to keep upgrading something to play games, I already have my PC for this. I really can't understand the fuzz about doing a game for an old hardware that needs more than what the old hardware used to have.

And if I'd be making a game requiring a 14 mhz CPU, I'd might as well go for the AGA chipset and make it an A1200 minium game anyway.

I know many people disagree with me, but I also know I am not alone on this. I don't think there's a "right" or "wrong" stance here. I don't get it why people want to upgrade old hardware to run/make new software on it, but it's not like they are being evil or something. If I had to be vocal about something on the Amiga scene, it would be more about how Xenon 2 friggin sucks and it's the most overrated piece of garbage ever But I just wanted to add my 2 cents on this matter.

Though, from the start I am not the target public of this game and probably my opinion shouldn't even matter But not everyone has upgraded amigas, and not everyone care about it. I personally won't play this game because I can't be bothered to upgrade my old hardware to play something that could be played on the current hardware.... or on my PC or whatever. But people will do it, so it's ok anyway Different flavours for different people I guess.
Shatterhand is offline  
Old 27 December 2018, 19:29   #51
mcgeezer
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 1,393
This ^^^

If i want to develop games for expanded hardware then I might as well develop for mobile platforms and make a shit tone of money out of it.

For me the love is in the Amiga I had when I was a teenager (as I suspect it is for many other Amigans).
mcgeezer is online now  
Old 27 December 2018, 19:31   #52
Amiten
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
I only have an A600 with 2MB Chip Ram and nothing else (Well, also a CF card). Not playing with floppies though, I have a Gotek instead My Floppy Drive is probably stacked somewhere though.

I'll probably go into off-topic here (Sorry Amiten!). I have a small collection of retro-stuff, consoles and computers I enjoy playing with. I keep them because I do like playing the older games and I prefer to use real hardware than emulation.

Undoubtly the Amiga is my fav one, the one I have the best memories, the one I use the most, and its not coincidence its also the one I chose to develop for.

Now we have new games coming to every retro system.. ranging from the Atari 2600 to Mega Drive games, and of course games for the Spectrum, C64, Amiga, etc, and I find this awesome.

I personally see *no* point in developing new hardware so people can develop more advanced games for those systems. I mean, at this point, you could be developing for PC anyway. So I don't understand all the fuss with the Super Game Module for the Colecovision, the Vampire, the VG9990 for the MSX or the Commodore 64 SuperCPU, etc. (But obviously some people do! )

Now I see the Amiga as a "gray area" here, since accelerators and upgrades like this were made back at the day and people did use them. BUT game developers barely ever supported them. So I don't need them to play my "old" games and I can't understand why people go crazy about games supporting new upgrades for old hardware. If I want to keep upgrading something to play games, I already have my PC for this. I really can't understand the fuzz about doing a game for an old hardware that needs more than what the old hardware used to have.

And if I'd be making a game requiring a 14 mhz CPU, I'd might as well go for the AGA chipset and make it an A1200 minium game anyway.

I know many people disagree with me, but I also know I am not alone on this. I don't think there's a "right" or "wrong" stance here. I don't get it why people want to upgrade old hardware to run/make new software on it, but it's not like they are being evil or something. If I had to be vocal about something on the Amiga scene, it would be more about how Xenon 2 friggin sucks and it's the most overrated piece of garbage ever But I just wanted to add my 2 cents on this matter.

Though, from the start I am not the target public of this game and probably my opinion shouldn't even matter But not everyone has upgraded amigas, and not everyone care about it. I personally won't play this game because I can't be bothered to upgrade my old hardware to play something that could be played on the current hardware.... or on my PC or whatever. But people will do it, so it's ok anyway Different flavours for different people I guess.
To get the best performance from our game, we need that megabyte of Fast RAM, not because we want to, but because our engine and our language demand it, I understand what you say and I understand it, but not for that we are NOT going to stop making games for AMIGA because our games require a little extra memory. regards

Last edited by Amiten; 27 December 2018 at 19:36.
Amiten is offline  
Old 27 December 2018, 19:33   #53
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 15,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiten View Post
we are NOT going to stop making games for AMIGA because our games require a little extra memory. regards
No, of course not.

...but if ASM or Blitz Basic were used instead of AMOS then these hardware requirements for exactly the same game wouldn't be necessary

Plus it would probably perform better also.
DamienD is online now  
Old 27 December 2018, 19:38   #54
Amiten
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
No, of course not.

...but if ASM or Blitz Basic were used instead of AMOS then these hardware requirements for exactly the same game wouldn't be necessary

Plus it would probably perform better also.
NO mate No, can you Code in ASM or Blitz for affirm that for sure? , in the case of ASM I agree but blitzvsAMOS flatly do not
Amiten is offline  
Old 27 December 2018, 19:40   #55
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 15,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiten View Post
NO mate No, can you Code in ASM or Blitz for affirm that for sure? , in the case of ASM I agree but blitzvsAMOS flatly do not
It's not about me being able to program in ASM or Blitz Basic... can you???

I've been around long enough in the Amiga scene to know that games coded in ASM and even Blitz Basic 2 outperform AMOS ones; with lower hardware requirements

Regarding Blitz Basic 2; take a look at all earok's games that use this... no crazy hardware requirements there and I hate to say it; but are more polished than anything I've seem Amiten Team produce.

Anyway, I'm not the one making commercial games and then wanting people to purchase / support them.

Last edited by DamienD; 27 December 2018 at 19:50.
DamienD is online now  
Old 27 December 2018, 19:51   #56
Amiten
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
No, of course not.

...but if ASM or Blitz Basic were used instead of AMOS then these hardware requirements for exactly the same game wouldn't be necessary

Plus it would probably perform better also.
NO mate No, can you Code in ASM or Blitz to affirm that for sure? , in the case of ASM I agree but blitzvsAMOS flatly do not
Amiten is offline  
Old 27 December 2018, 19:52   #57
Amiten
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 519
[QUOTE=DamienD;1293146]It's not about me being able to program in ASM or Blitz Basic... can you???

YES in BLITZBASIC can you? IM amiga user since 1988 and got all amiga collection real system YOU? ahh only winuae... come on DAMIEN!
Amiten is offline  
Old 27 December 2018, 19:58   #58
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 15,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
It's not about me being able to program in ASM or Blitz Basic... can you???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiten View Post
YES in BLITZBASIC can you?
Nope, and I have never claimed too... but again, I'm not the one making "commercial" games etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiten View Post
IM amiga user since 1988 and got all amiga collection real system YOU? ahh only winuae... come on DAMIEN!
So what, I've also been using Amigas since 1988 and then moved onto WinUAE in the early 2000s.

Anyway, you want to make this personal as you cannot handle people giving their opinions? Please continue and see what happens...
DamienD is online now  
Old 27 December 2018, 20:02   #59
Amiten
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Nope, and I have never claimed too... but again, I'm not the one making "commercial" games etc...


So what, I've also been using Amigas since 1988 and then moved onto WinUAE in the early 2000s.

Anyway, you want to make this personal as you cannot handle people giving their opinions? Please continue and see what happens...
uhh what fear moderator...
Amiten is offline  
Old 27 December 2018, 20:05   #60
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 15,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiten View Post
uhh what fear moderator...
Keep going sunshine

...it's best that you don't reply.

In fact I've had enough from you; thread closed
DamienD is online now  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Game trainers for "The Settlers" & "T-Zer0"? wiz12 support.Games 9 23 June 2018 00:43
"Voices8" 8 Channel Soundtracker "DemoSongI" song - "This is the Amiga with 8 Voices" DemosongIHunter request.Music 40 13 April 2017 05:06
How "Brick Games" and "Game' n' Watches" works Leandro Jardim Retrogaming General Discussion 2 03 August 2013 17:48
"Reminder "Lincs Amiga User Group aka "LAG" Meet Sat 5th of January 2013" rockape News 4 30 January 2013 00:06
"Exception "Line 1111 Emulator" ($2c) Error at $1004" when exiting game demolition support.WinUAE 15 30 November 2012 16:43

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09503 seconds with 16 queries