English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware pics

Old 31 August 2008, 11:29   #1
SkippyAR

Happy Amiga on HP LCD Monitor

Actually posting something Amiga related for once.

Uploaded a video to YT: [ Show youtube player ]

Basically shows a a1200 video composite, via VCR, into nvidia MX4000 video card to WinTV. Nothing special.

But what was interesting, is the a1200 was in Pal HiRes 640*512 and the LCD monitor seem to eliminate the interlacing flicker. Now I've done this before on a CRT and the flicker IS there as you'd expect.

So I figured it might be of interest to people considering alternate monitors, to let them know you can still make use of the PAL modes and resolve the flicker. Check it out.

I can't test through RGB scart as signal is lost when entering the PC GFX card.

I'm hoping to get a Samsung SyncMaster LCD soon for my Amiga, so I can give a review of that too.

Old 31 August 2008, 12:05   #2
SkippyAR

Test Post

This is a test post using Ibrowse 2.4. Yeah baby..

Old 31 August 2008, 12:31   #3
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

LOL Skippy.... your insane.... i blame that Dreamcast Dizzy!

mind you .... it could of been Fred
Old 31 August 2008, 12:40   #4
Lockon
Air supremacy

It wouldn't be fair to compare flickering from 2 totally different video signals (RGB and composite), but...
LCD doesn't remove the flicker, MX400 does.
A1200's composite output is fed into video-in input of MX400 which performs AD conversion and overlay processed image on 60+ Hz LCD matrix.

Samsung has few SCART-equipped LCDs, it would be great to see how it performs against PAL sources.
Old 31 August 2008, 13:08   #5
SkippyAR

Do you think this guy registered just to answer my post? Or has he been lurking in the background all this time waiting to demonstrate his expertise on the right post... hmm

As for the Samsung, I'm hoping the Analog RGB support is good for the Amiga. Samsung supposely built this monitor for The Gamer. (Xbox etc)

Old 31 August 2008, 13:30   #6
Lockon
Air supremacy

This guy...
Has been member of this forum for at least 2 yrs...2 months ago, my account disappeared and non of admins even cared to respond to a single mail I sent. Now, it's a same username with a starting post...anyway, that's not your problem.

Regarding my expertise...well, I saw some mud-moving posts over here, but really have no interest on engaging at same level.
BR
Old 31 August 2008, 14:31   #7
SkippyAR

What does Mud Moving Post mean?

Old 31 August 2008, 15:15   #8
SkippyAR

It's just occurred to be that the Amiga composite actually goes via the Hauppauge WinTV card not the MX4000 - doh! I have S-Video OUTPUT to TV from MX4000 card.

That AD conversion technology happy guts was referring to is too new for this card (1996). It's also used in TV>VGA converters. Besides the MX4000 doesn't have Pixel Shader 2. It is the LCD that is rebuilding the image.

Old 31 August 2008, 15:20   #9
Shoonay
Global Caturator

lol, skippster, you sound like you're falling asleep at the end...
Old 31 August 2008, 15:22   #10
Lockon
Air supremacy

Well, in football terms, that would be a very rough, unconditional, full-foot sweep accross your opponent leg(s). If you like Premiership, than you must seen Taylor's best move on keeping Eduardo...that's a mud mover.

Now in this case, IMHO, basically, it takes some time to figure out which forum members can help you with some advice or which one is capable of maintaining reasonable level of discussion. Until that happens, I practice to read the posts and try t
Old 31 August 2008, 15:25   #11
Lockon
Air supremacy

..try to share some experience and ideas. That was the only thing I looked uppon your initial post (since I have tested at least 5 Samsung monitors/LCDs and currently evalutaing image quality of DIY SVIDEO adapter).
Old 31 August 2008, 15:39   #12
SkippyAR

double post

Old 31 August 2008, 15:40   #13
SkippyAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5h00n4y View Post
lol, skippster, you sound like you're falling asleep at the end...
I am! I feel absolutely fooked mate. Haven't been asleep for 2 days. I'm using both the Amiga and PC at the same time, ftping mods from aminet on the a1200 to listen to. And to top it off I've upset a football loving Croatian.

I need stimulation!! Coffee break. Plus the heat from these computers is sending me to sleep, house phone keeps ringing... some French girl sent me an Email: wanting to me friends :-/

So confused, need to lie down in a darken room.

Old 31 August 2008, 15:49   #14
Lockon
Air supremacy

"And to top it off I've upset a football loving Croatian."

Good one, at least you're aware of consequences