English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 30 January 2018, 22:02   #301
DamienD
Banned

Hmmm, this project has now been shared *free* for just over a week

In that time, I estimate that over 500 people now have a copy

...been thinking; going forward I will ask for £20 to be donated (except for EAB members who joined more than 6 month ago); peanuts really when you consider the years of work involved from Toni and myself for this collection

This means that I can then plough any money raised back into the Amiga community; as I usually do:

a) Support to RCK for hosting all "abime.net" resources like EAB / HOL / Amiga Magazine Rack / Amiga Games that weren't etc...
b) Support for Toni Wilen.
c) Support for all the numerous game creators / developers out there making new, cool stuff for our beloved computer.

Anyone that knows me can confirm that I am a man of my word and this will happen
Old 30 January 2018, 23:34   #302
darkuni
RetroGaming Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
...been thinking; going forward I will ask for £20 to be donated (except for EAB members who joined more than 6 month ago); peanuts really when you consider the years of work involved from Toni and myself for this collection
Curious what sort of payflow/verification you're going to use for this. Got something already in mind?

A double sawbuck is NOTHING for a product of this quality (WinUAE + Your Curation). I'd throw another tenner in ...
Old 30 January 2018, 23:43   #303
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkuni View Post
Curious what sort of payflow/verification you're going to use for this. Got something already in mind?
Any funds made via PayPal from my collection (details at the bottom of post #2) will go to all listed, above "Amiga community heroes"

How will I keep track of this; you've used my collection right? Is it not organised?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkuni View Post
A double sawbuck is NOTHING for a product of this quality (WinUAE + Your Curation). I'd throw another tenner in ...
Awesome

Last edited by DamienD; 31 January 2018 at 00:01.
Old 31 January 2018, 21:02   #304
qupe

Damien liking this, thank you so much. I want to tweak a few things just to my preferences as you've added on the first page, disk speed seems a little slower than i recall on my amiga, especially IK+ (force of habit hit F1 and F6 immediately with this) and I'll probably remove the LED's

Just tried Cybernoid II and when I die the game crashes. Tried it twice.

Not sure I'm having issues with my 360 pad and this with the pressure sensitivity when playing SWOS 96/97 as I can't get the shot power. I'm going to try my usb competition pro in a min and see if that works.
Old 31 January 2018, 21:38   #305
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qupe View Post
Damien liking this, thank you so much.

Quote:
I want to tweak a few things just to my preferences as you've added on the first page, disk speed seems a little slower than i recall on my amiga, especially IK+ (force of habit hit F1 and F6 immediately with this) and I'll probably remove the LED's
There's loads of important information in post #1 and post #2 of the thread

Regarding floppy drive emulation speed:

Quote:
Now people might say; why use so many .ADFs when loading is sooooo much slower than from hard drive? Firstly, I love old school cracktros / trainers. Secondly, this is not really an issue in emulation. You can use the following tricks to eradicate boring loading times:
  • Set "Floppy Drive Emulation Speed" to "800%" (which works fine for 95% of games).
  • Toggle "Warp" mode on / off i.e. <End> + <Pause>.
...but you can change floppy drive emulation speed in all configurations from "100% (compatible)" --> "800%" quite easily.

Ok, firstly see this post as reference. In regards to the 2 things you've requested:

Adjust "Floppy Drive Emulation Speed" from 100% to 800%:
Change "floppy_speed=100" to "floppy_speed=800".

Turn off "Onscreen LEDs":
Change "show_leds=true" to "show_leds=false".

Quote:
Weird, works fine here

I selected unlimited lives from the trainer and died multiple times without issue.

Quote:
Not sure I'm having issues with my 360 pad and this with the pressure sensitivity when playing SWOS 96/97 as I can't get the shot power. I'm going to try my usb competition pro in a min and see if that works.
Hmmm, I also use Xbox 360 wireless controllers. I haven't noticed "pressure sensitivity" issues but I never play SWOS or Kick Off.

Maybe Toni can give suggestions about adjusting pressure sensitivity
Old 31 January 2018, 21:56   #306
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Weird, works fine here

I selected unlimited lives from the trainer and died multiple times without issue.
Ok, see what you mean...

If you don't select any trainer options and use all 6 of your lives, the game crashes after going back to the title screen / pressing the fire button to start a new game.

Just checked what file Gamebase Amiga uses and it's the same... Guess no one ever plays this without "unlimited lives" set so hasn't noticed this previously?
Old 01 February 2018, 01:12   #307
Dunny

Quote:
Ok, see what you mean...

If you don't select any trainer options and use all 6 of your lives, the game crashes after going back to the title screen / pressing the fire button to start a new game.

Just checked what file Gamebase Amiga uses and it's the same... Guess no one ever plays this without "unlimited lives" set so hasn't noticed this previously?
I play this on FS-UAE (linux based) using the current WHDLoad slave and have yet to experience any issues other than bugs that the game originally shipped with.
Old 01 February 2018, 10:35   #308
DamienD
Banned

Regarding the Cybernoid II .ADF version, to be honest I don't think this is such a big deal.

It's a difficult game so probably 95% of people would turn on "unlimited lives".

Even if you don't, you can still play the game, loose all your lives and get back to the title screen. You just have to reset the Amiga if you want to play this way again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
I play this on FS-UAE (linux based) using the current WHDLoad slave and have yet to experience any issues other than bugs that the game originally shipped with.
I mean, I could slap togther a self-booting .HDF with the WHDLoad slave / install in 5 minutes but...
Old 01 February 2018, 11:21   #309
DamienD
Banned

Updated post #2 with the following addition for interest sake:

Quote:

Information about [unreleased] Amiga games:

... http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=83574
Old 01 February 2018, 12:56   #310
yadster_uk

Thanks DamienD for all your hard work. I have just installed this to my computer and am in the process of copying it to a micro-sd card to use on a small Windows laptop. There are a few games that I've noticed that you haven't included and wondered if this is due to copyright issues? Most of them appear to be strategy type games. Off the top of my head these include Sim City, The Sentinel, Sim Ant, Sim Life, Civilization, Detroit, Colonization, Castles II, 1869, Ultima 3-6, A Mind Forever Voyaging and Lords of the Realm.

Also I can't seem to get It Came From the Desert to run correctly or maybe it does sound ok and its just my memory that is remembering it differently. In the intro at the beginning the sound appears to be 'crackly' (I'm not sure what the technical term is lol). Maybe it is because of my not-so-new computer??

Old 01 February 2018, 13:15   #311
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadster_uk View Post
Thanks DamienD for all your hard work.

Quote:
Most of them appear to be strategy type games. Off the top of my head these include Sim City, The Sentinel, Sim Ant, Sim Life, Civilization, Detroit, Colonization, Castles II, 1869, Ultima 3-6, A Mind Forever Voyaging and Lords of the Realm.
Strategy games aren't really my thing; hence why only a few are in the collection.

I *may* look at adding in future though...

Quote:
Also I can't seem to get It Came From the Desert to run correctly or maybe it does sound ok and its just my memory that is remembering it differently. In the intro at the beginning the sound appears to be 'crackly' (I'm not sure what the technical term is lol). Maybe it is because of my not-so-new computer??
All good here; might be your not-so-new computer. Do you have another computer you can test on?

Is this crackling just with "It Came from the Desert"? You could try playing with the sound buffer.

Last edited by DamienD; 01 February 2018 at 13:35.
Old 01 February 2018, 19:58   #312
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Now that I'm home, have a look in The Zone! as I've recorded / uploaded a video of the intro playing on my laptop

To gain access to The Zone! see here: How do I get access to the zone?

...not sure why but everytime I record and then play back, the audio starts 4-5 second before it should.

Anyway, ignore the above, doesn't matter if in the video's audio / sequence is out. Just listen to the sound.
Old 02 February 2018, 15:12   #313
Sinphaltimus

OK DamienD - You may have ruined me. I did finally get to install and have a quick look see, so far, a lot of my favorites are in there too, you've got good taste in gaming. LOL. I was able to easily move the folder to where I wanted it, no ill effects on my original WinUAE installs. I only tried a couple of games for the video and they worked straight off (no surprise there eh?) but now I've got a list of games to play through that is really going to distract from all my other projects.

I have retroPi, I have Amibian, I even have classicWB and ApolloOS spanning from my real Amia across multiple rPi3s and laptops that I have and yet your collection will get all the Amiga gaming time I have to spare. Having this at my fingertips on my PC is fantastic. Next, I'll tweak some of my own settings (A different video) - sorry, I don't like the emulated scanlines. On a real CRT fine, not in emulation. I'll probably kill full screen mode because I do like the original Aspect ratio and don't want to change my screen res. But that's all just me and my prefs.

PayPal coming in a week when I get paid. I want you to at least get yourself a pint or your favorite beverage and have one on me regardless of what you may or may not consume. I donated to Toni separately when you first asked the community to so take a small percent for yourself and enjoy a drink on me. Even if it's just a glass of milk.

As soon as I get this edited and uploaded (Recall, I have DSL@ 1u/3d) I'll share the link.. Could take a few days...

Last edited by Sinphaltimus; 02 February 2018 at 15:14. Reason: fixed some typos...
Old 02 February 2018, 18:51   #314
yadster_uk

[SHORT VERSION] It was Direct3D11 causing the problem.

[LONG VERSION] Hi again Damian, thanks for taking the time to reply. I had a look on Youtube and a video showing the intro to ICFTD sounded perfect, just how I remembered it. I then tried your Winuae collection on my laptop and the sound problem was still there even though it is a pretty fast machine so I was stumped?? It has been some years since I last used Winuae, and that was using a crappy dual core PC, and it never had a problem running any games. I tried different sound settings but nothing worked. The only common denominator is that both machines are running Windows 10. After looking through the Winuae help forums I saw mention of Direct3D11 causing problems. Looking again while running ICFTD I noticed that the CPU speed was fluctuating over 100%. So in the Winuae Miscellaneous settings I changed to Direct3D9 underneath Graphics API and straight away the CPU dropped to around the 10% mark and the sound was perfect and just the same as the video you uploaded. If anyone else is experiencing similar problems then trying the Direct3D9 option could be the way to go.

Quote:
Now that I'm home, have a look in The Zone! as I've recorded / uploaded a video of the intro playing on my laptop

To gain access to The Zone! see here: How do I get access to the zone?

...not sure why but everytime I record and then play back, the audio starts 4-5 second before it should.

Anyway, ignore the above, doesn't matter if in the video's audio / sequence is out. Just listen to the sound.

Last edited by yadster_uk; 02 February 2018 at 18:57. Reason: typo

Old 02 February 2018, 19:03   #315
enzoboss

Great work, thanks.
I'm inserting other games that are not in the database.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7 Colors.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	56577  
Old 02 February 2018, 19:07   #316
DamienD
Banned

Now that ross has released his killer new crack / trainer: Ziriax 100% (Ultimate Edition)

This is immediately going into my collection

So, do the following:

• Delete the directory "C:\WinUAE\Games\Ziriax".
  • Download the attached file.
  • Extract into "C:\WinUAE".

Last edited by DamienD; 26 February 2018 at 22:38.
Old 02 February 2018, 20:17   #317
DamienD
Banned

@yadster_uk; happy all is better now that you've found the solution

With me still being on Windows 7, all is fine; and I forget to mention that there could be possible DX11 / Windows 10 issues and if so then jump back to DX9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzoboss View Post
Great work, thanks.
Awesome

I've just provided a very good base / structure; add in whatever you like to *your* copy

I'm sure quite a lot of people could / will say "...but where's ???" and that's fine. I'll check them out, if good, then add in future
Old 02 February 2018, 20:51   #318
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzoboss View Post
Great work, thanks.
Oh, don't forget to turn off "scanlines" as these don't really work with small images.

...actually, just follow my guidelines:

Quote:
The following criteria was used when taking the images:

a) 720 x 576 window.
b) No scaling.
c) No filters / masks / scanlines.
d) Centering on.

Also, the following rules were applied for:

a) Games without a title screen: 2 x screenshots.
b) Disks that have 2 or more games: 2 x screenshots.
Old 03 February 2018, 02:13   #319
ransom1122

Quote:
Now that ross has released his killer new crack / trainer: Ziriax 100% (Ultimate Edition)

This is immediately going into my collection

So, do the following:

• Delete the directory "C:\WinUAE\Games\Ziriax".
  • Download the attached file.
  • Extract into "C:\WinUAE".
Awesome!! Updated immediately.... That trainer is great

Old 03 February 2018, 06:32   #320
chip

Hey DamienD, was curious about the way you choosen the games for your collection

I guess you are not going to include ALL the games around, but only the ones you prefer

Isn't it ?