English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 11 September 2018, 23:28   #21
Glen M

Ill give it a look. Where can I download your version, in the zone I assume or do you want to pm me a link.

Goal was always one of my favorite football games, I preferred it to sensible soccer, could never get the controls in that game.

Last edited by Glen M; 12 September 2018 at 11:06.
Old 11 September 2018, 23:38   #22
Zak
Zap´em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
Ill give it a look. Where can I download your version, in the zone I assume or do you want to pm me a link.

Goal was always one of my favorite football games, I preferred it to sensible soccer, could never get the co trims in that game.
Great! It's already in the Zone! (GOALnew28.zip)
I corrected the lineups so that the players have correct positions, I corrected the tactics, so that the defenders stay in back and forwards up front and I corrected the German language file which you of course can't review.
Edit: on the data disk are lineups which are meant to be more realistic, although that is a real science to do.
Thanks for your answer!
Old 15 September 2018, 23:15   #23
Glen M

[ Show youtube player ]

Episode 7 is online now in which I take a look at Jim Power in Mutant Planet.

Zak: I haven't forgotten about Goal, I'll get to it in the coming weeks.
Old 16 September 2018, 19:14   #24
Zak
Zap´em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
Zak: I haven't forgotten about Goal, I'll get to it in the coming weeks.
It's O.K., no pressure!
Old 27 September 2018, 00:49   #25
Glen M

[ Show youtube player ]

In this episode I go game hunting around local charity shops. My first of this type and I'd like to hear the thoughts of anyone who watches it as I was intending to do 1 of these each month.
Old 03 October 2018, 21:44   #26
Glen M

My next video is online in which I take a look at 4 new(ish) amiga games.

[ Show youtube player ]

If you watch the video and enjoy it please consider giving a like or even a subscribe. I will be coming back to this topic again soon as its one I enjoy.

As always any comments or suggestion are always welcome. I apologise for the poor video quality but stretching amiga games to 1080p does tend to reduce the quality a bit. I have a new capture card which will improve things once I get it installed and setup I'll be able to record direct from RGB.
Old 19 October 2018, 01:50   #27
Glen M

I've not made a video in a couple of weeks as I've been working hard on the new man cave which is finally finished.

So in my new video I take a look through the cave at my retro collection and discuss some upcoming videos.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 28 October 2018, 23:16   #28
Glen M

This week is a 2 part video in which I setup a real IDE hard drive for use in my A1200.

Part 1 is setting up WinUAE, installing 3.1 then 3.9 and finally Classic Workbench 3.9
Part 2 is connecting the IDE drive to the PC, partitioning and formatting, copying the OS across and a few WHDLoad games with finally putting the drive in the real A1200 and powering up with fingers crossed.

Part 1 - [ Show youtube player ]
Part 2 - [ Show youtube player ]

Installations are done in real time with nothing cut or sped up.

NOTES:

- I know I could have skipped the OS3.1 install but in doing so skips a bit of disc swapping when installing 3.9 so I decided to first install 3.1 to keep the tutorial as straight forward as possible.
- In part 2 I make a point of changing the max transfer rate of PFS3AIO which probably isn't necessary as the correct value is already listed in 3.9 but hey for the sake of completion plus it will help anyone who is maybe not using 3.9 just to know the correct value.
- Also in part 2 I edit the startup sequence of 3.9 to load scsi.device.43.45. There is some discussion online suggest you can just stick scsi.device in the devs folder and classic workbench will sort it out for you but for the life of me it doesn't work on my 1200 which just gurus each time.

Anyway please watch the videos and if you have any questions, queries or comments please do so here or on the youtube page.
Old 06 November 2018, 00:38   #29
Glen M

In my man cave tour video I pointed out some mega drive bootleg cartridges that I recently purchased from Aliexpress and that unfortunately several of them are NTSC only so in this weeks video we region mod the mega drive with 2 switches to change between 50-60hz screen modes and English - Japanese language.

[ Show youtube player ]

p.s. I know there is a switchless mod but I'd rather have real switches and the ability to pick and chose between screen modes and language.
Old 17 November 2018, 17:55   #30
Glen M

In this weeks video we take a look at what is possibly the worlds cheapest and worst plug and play console. Costing only £3.77 from AliExpress just how bad can it actually be?

[ Show youtube player ]

New capture card and a new style of video injecting some new attitude into the videos. I think before things where a bit flat, maybe a bit to serious so would be keen to hear any feedback.