English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 10 June 2019, 14:49   #121
Puggsy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
This thread goes way too far by now and divides rather than unites.
You are the one dividing by criticizing someone *actually in the Amiga scene* who made a trainer for your game and now you are gaslighting.

But sure kill off the conversation, seems like you have experience in silencing people. You already showed your true colors, I have nothing to add.
Old 11 June 2019, 11:54   #122
funK

Finally had some spare time last night, so I obviously spent it playing Reshoot R: game is a pleasure to watch and to listen, controls are tight and gameplay loop from what I played is fun, even if it feels a bit on the too easy side.
I have to say that while playing on one of my 030 A1200s game runs smoothly and flawlessly, but on my 060 A1200 I got gfx corruptions and artifacts both in the title screen and during gameplay, too, which can get quite distracting: Richard, are those glitches known? Any chance you'll look into fixing them?
Old 11 June 2019, 12:35   #123
buzzybee

@funK: Glad you enjoy the game! I know of glitches in the demo version, whereas the release version should run fine on any common config – did not hear of any pixel artifacts so far. Also the game runs perfectly on my own A1200, from barebone to Blizzard 68060.

Which version do you play? Which exact hardware do you use; you got the 68060-library installed; and did you try disabling the caches? The game should take care, but you never know ...

As for the difficulty level. I am aware the some experienced gamers find RESHOOT R a bit on the easy side, while novice and medium players find the difficulty rewarding. Maybe some kind of adjustable diff level would nice to have in some kind of future release.

Last edited by buzzybee; 12 June 2019 at 02:57.
Old 11 June 2019, 22:09   #124
Wachi

Thumbs up

I already have the order of the game done
Waiting with impatience to be able to play on CD32-TF330 and 1200-030

P.D.: I hope you have a translation into Spanish to understand it.
I'm just kidding ............
Old 12 June 2019, 00:10   #125
vulture

@buzzybee
A hard level of difficulty would be most welcome
Old 12 June 2019, 02:55   #126
trydowave

@buzzybee thaks for the great game. been playing it alot. look forward to your next one. the Amiga scene needs people like you and the rest of your team.
Old 12 June 2019, 07:09   #127
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
@funK: Glad you enjoy the game! I know of glitches in the demo version, whereas the release version should run fine on any common config – did not hear of any pixel artifacts so far. Also the game runs perfectly on my own A1200, from barebone to Blizzard 68060.

Which version do you play? Which exact hardware do you use; you got the 68060-library installed; and did you try disabling the caches? The game should take care, but you never know ...

As for the difficulty level. I am aware the some experienced gamers find RESHOOT R a bit on the easy side, while novice and medium players find the difficulty rewarding. Maybe some kind of adjustable diff level would nice to have in some kind of future release.

Runs beautifully with my Blizzard 030
Old 12 June 2019, 08:58   #128
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Quote:
As long as a trainer modifies memory cells occupied by the game program and therefore modifies the game program itself, and it does so without the creators permission, it´s illegal.
That's not correct, see https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...64/965/341457/
Old 12 June 2019, 11:45   #129
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
It's actually way more complicated. There have been a bunch of different rulings by different judges in different countries. Amongst which something like five or ten in the US alone, including the Fortnite one. That one is interesting because the judge let go ahead even when petitioned to dismiss it. This is a sign the case wasn't clear cut and dried. All of these cases came to different conclusions. Plus, copyright in one country isn't copyright in the other - even if it were to be fully legal in the US that says precisely zero about how legal it is in say, the EU.

The legal situation is surprisingly murky. As things to do with copyright often are.

Note: this is not me saying it's definitely illegal or that I personally feel trainers are 'wrong'. I don't have any problems with them myself and think they should be allowed just fine. Though I do really frown on people using them in multi player games. Single player games are completely fine.

My point is merely that showing the result of a single court case is usually insufficient to know if something (outside of criminal cases, where it's usually simpler than these civil cases) is allowed or not.

On a side note: I feel this whole discussion about the legal aspects is bordering on absurd. Everyone knows no court cases will be held about this game and talking about it like that doesn't do anyone any favours.
Old 12 June 2019, 12:11   #130
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
Though I do really frown on people using them in multi player games. Single player games are completely fine.
Unfortunately, Alpha One and Musashi released a trainer without thinking about the global highscore upload feature – and yes, I am aware they recognized their mistake later and added a modified trainer version. But the original trainer version was downloaded approx. 40 times at that time already, so the damage is done: People can potentially upload cheated highscores onto the global ranking table, which in a way renders the whole idea obsolte. This could easily have been avoided if someone had talked to me prior to releasing a trainer. Having said that, I am pretty sure the highest scores on the table are achieved by sportsmen gamers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
On a side note: I feel this whole discussion about the legal aspects is bordering on absurd. Everyone knows no court cases will be held about this game and talking about it like that doesn't do anyone any favours.
Never read a statement more true. Thank you!
Old 12 June 2019, 13:04   #131
musashi9

Send a message via ICQ to musashi9
Your whole argument is absolute horse sh*t!
Anyone who uses WINUAE can use Action Replay or even use Winuae's own Debugger with or without the trainer tools inside it, to activate any of the cheat options I added.
Do you propose these get removed from Winuae to prevent anyone hacking the hi-score?
Old 12 June 2019, 13:33   #132
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi9 View Post
Your whole argument is absolute horse sh*t!
Anyone who uses WINUAE can use Action Replay or even use Winuae's own Debugger with or without the trainer tools inside it, to activate any of the cheat options I added.
Do you propose these get removed from Winuae to prevent anyone hacking the hi-score?
@Musashi: I wonder if your choice of words reflects your way of empathy. Anyway, so why did you alter the trainer.exe and disable the highscore upload later, if I am so wrong?
Old 12 June 2019, 13:39   #133
musashi9

Because Alpha One asked me to add it, but because of the time difference with my location on the planet I only got that msg after I woke up the next day. And the first trainer never had 40 downloads it had around 8 (it has only now reached above 40 after how many days....)
Your main complaint seems to be about protecting the precious HS and my point is that is not worth complaining about unless you get TONI from Winaue to remove the tools needed to change it, with a few minutes of poking around, a few minutes after the game goes public.
Old 12 June 2019, 13:57   #134
buzzybee

Okay, then you just did what AlphaOne asked you to do without thinking about it. Also, you are releasing a trainer even so you seem to suggest that everyone can do what you did, easily, by just using Action Replay and / or UAE Debugger. Well, I doubt that.

But anyway, by now I am really fed up of such a pointless discussion. Happy to chat about the game, collect feedback for a possible follow-up or provide a cheat if someone really wants one.

Last edited by buzzybee; 12 June 2019 at 14:14.
Old 12 June 2019, 16:10   #135
musashi9

Current Hi-Score 0000188

Shift+F12 (enter winaue debugger)
s 00000188 0 100000 (search for value from 0 to 100000)
First result = Hi Score.
Change to a higher value and get elite code at the end then rub hands together while laughing.

It really is that easy.
Old 12 June 2019, 17:30   #136
buzzybee

Now this is what I call a useful posting. Teach people stuff! If over time they change more and more numbers in memory in the right way, they eventually will be able to code their own game instead of just downloading some .exe which spoils the fun. :-)
Old 12 June 2019, 18:10   #137
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

I wish was THAT easy... 9.9 btw in 1988 was having fun changing text of intros with an hex editor and i tried to learn a bit assembly but since Amiga HW is not as straightforward as the zx spectrum or C=64 it was not clear what i was doing and i stopped, never went further than doing a raster gradient or press mouse :/
Old 12 June 2019, 22:25   #138
buzzybee

Well, in real life it is not that easy. Even just trying to get the emulators debugger running (not even using it!) is far from trivial, at least on Mac, and involves invoking lots of strange shell commands and therefore feels alien to the most of us. It´s probably wise to just start the game and practice your shmup skills!

@saimon69: Nowadays entry level to Amiga coding is a bit lower due to the community, which helps and shares a ton of information which was simply not available in the 90s. Maybe you want to try again?
Old 13 June 2019, 12:13   #139
funK

Quote:
@funK:
What do you mean by "disabling the caches"? Disabling them in the Early Boot Menu is not an option, since I'm running the game from Workbench.
I don't know the version of RR I'm playing, but since it's the one found on cd of the Signature Edition I assume it's v1.0?
As for my system, I've got a BlizzPPC running latest MuLib 68060.library from ThoR, I can make a video of the glitches to better show you my situation, if it helps.
Old 13 June 2019, 12:18   #140
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by funK View Post
What do you mean by "disabling the caches"? Disabling them in the Early Boot Menu is not an option, since I'm running the game from Workbench.
I don't know the version of RR I'm playing, but since it's the one found on cd of the Signature Edition I assume it's v1.0?
As for my system, I've got a BlizzPPC running latest MuLib 68060.library from ThoR, I can make a video of the glitches to better show you my situation, if it helps.
IIRC, the shell command CPU allows you to turn off the caches as well. Maybe that helps?