English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 06 March 2007, 13:39   #1
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Keyboard shortcut for changing between input-configurations?

Hi,

I know the huge amount of input-configuration postt, but here comes another one. I haven't found any post regarding my problem? Is there any way to change the input configuration without accessing the gui? I mean I could change to "Configuration 4" by pressing some kayboard combination? Running a uae-arcade-cabinet and this is the only thing I have to use the gui for anymore I need to change between the configurations because as you know some of the games require a mouse to pass the intro's and then later on the game needs/uses 2 joys.
Old 07 March 2007, 11:16   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Will be added in next beta. (+ some other "missing" input targets)
Old 07 March 2007, 12:00   #3
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Could a key for Activating/deactivating jit more be added too ? maybe on the pageup key (as page down is cartridge activate) . would be a few steps less then going into prefs to turn it on off as needed
Old 07 March 2007, 12:12   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt
Could a key for Activating/deactivating jit more be added too ? maybe on the pageup key (as page down is cartridge activate) . would be a few steps less then going into prefs to turn it on off as needed
All new input targets are configurable and will not be mapped by default.

About jit, there is (undocumented) feature that allows mapping of config entry changes (basically like uae-configuration). Not in GUI, needs manual configuration file editing. I'll post example later today..
Old 07 March 2007, 17:57   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Example will be included with beta2. I just noticed "custom" input system was not enabled yet
Old 07 March 2007, 18:18   #6
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
look forward to it be nice to assign that jit toggle key where it doesnt interfier with any amiga keys at all .
Old 08 March 2007, 17:55   #7
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Ok, thanks in advance Toni. Is there a possibility to change the Winuae volume from keyboard? I have a application that has a few keys mapped to adjust Winows main volume, but Winuae "bypasses" this meaning the hotkeys don't work. Thatäs why I'm asking
Old 08 March 2007, 22:20   #8
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuola
Ok, thanks in advance Toni. Is there a possibility to change the Winuae volume from keyboard? I have a application that has a few keys mapped to adjust Winows main volume, but Winuae "bypasses" this meaning the hotkeys don't work. Thatäs why I'm asking
It is not possible to take full control of the keyboard (=allow use of Windows keys, F10, Pause/Break, Numlock etc.. in WinUAE) but leaving "multimedia" keys intact.

"workaround" added:

Next version will have "master" volume control input targets (including Vista compatibility, master volume setting is different in Vista)
Old 09 March 2007, 05:12   #9
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Wow, that was fast Can't wait Thank you!
Old 28 March 2007, 19:39   #10
emuola
Registered Whdload user

One more thing: Is it possible to change the "what-is-in-which-port" -settings during emulation with a keyboard shortcut? I know that it it defined in the .uae -file like joyport1: kbd1 or something like that. As we all know the cracktros are usually bypassed by a mouse click. So then with a 2-player game eg IK+) i'd need to have kbd1 in port 1 and kbd2 in port 2 after the cracktro (the keys are mapped to the arcade control board joys). Can I do this somehow?

I apologize if I still don't get the input-stuff like I should. Flaming accepted

BTW. THe main volume settings work great Thank you Toni for that!