English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 04 February 2020, 12:49   #1
amigang

VR + emulation = Amiga.

so I just saw this for the 3d VR nes emulator

[ Show youtube player ]

Just wonder if this could be done for Amiga games? (no idea how they are doing it but looks pretty dam cool!)

Plus also seen EmuVR a virtual room to play emulator in, it be great if someone did this room in VR for it or a custom VR program made for just Amiga nuts

And finally Amiga use to be part of the VR scene and there the i Glasses
https://amitopia.com/full-virtual-3d...evealed-amiga/

is there a possibility of emulation that tech with current VR so I could play Gloom in VR!?

Last edited by DamienD; 04 February 2020 at 13:20. Reason: Image size reduced...
Old 04 February 2020, 13:21   #2
DamienD
Banned

I'm sure there's already a thread about this but too lazy to search...

Edit: yup, here you go: emulating amiga Virtual reality ?

There's also another thread / post somewhere about the "3D VR NES emulator" and would this be possible in WinUAE.
Old 04 February 2020, 14:02   #3
ceztko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I'm sure there's already a thread about this but too lazy to search...

Edit: yup, here you go: emulating amiga Virtual reality ?

There's also another thread / post somewhere about the "3D VR NES emulator" and would this be possible in WinUAE.
To me the thread you linked is about something very different: there was hardware that provided old VR experience based on Amiga and the thread is about emulating that. The youtube link of the poster is about playing emulators on a modern VR controller (like Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive), implementing a loose 3D effect on games (eg. by creating fake 3d objects with sprites).

I'm pretty much sure Toni finds both projects enough boring.
Old 04 February 2020, 14:11   #4
ceztko

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigang View Post
is there a possibility of emulation that tech with current VR so I could play Gloom in VR!?
If you refer to videos of the original doom in VR controllers then for that they use modified doom engine (and the doom engine is open source and already ported to modern 3D libraries). There's no way you can achieve that immersion based only on the flattened scene rendered on a emulator: everything has to be very custom and game specific. Technically speaking you can achieve something similar of the NES Contra video with Turrican.
Old 04 February 2020, 14:45   #5
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceztko View Post
To me the thread you linked is about something very different: there was hardware that provided old VR experience based on Amiga and the thread is about emulating that. The youtube link of the poster is about playing emulators on a modern VR controller (like Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive), implementing a loose 3D effect on games (eg. by creating fake 3d objects with sprites).

I'm pretty much sure Toni finds both projects enough boring.
Yeah, but "there's also another thread / post somewhere about the "3D VR NES emulator" and would this be possible in WinUAE."

This is probbaly more inline with this thread; just can't locate it...
Old 04 February 2020, 19:07   #6
amigang

thanks for the info, sorry if this has been discuss before but I could'nt find it

Quote:
original doom in VR controllers then for that they use modified doom engine
No Iam not on about Doom, Im on about Gloom! Gloom & Nemic IV had i Glass support a very basic 3d mode, it be cool if we could see that in VR, thats all Im saying.
Old 05 February 2020, 10:19   #7
ceztko

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigang View Post
No Iam not on about Doom, Im on about Gloom! Gloom & Nemic IV had i Glass support a very basic 3d mode, it be cool if we could see that in VR, thats all Im saying.
You didn't get what I mean: to achieve what you see in youtube with doom but with gloom game instead you require gloom source code, plus a porting to modern 3d libraries plus work to make it comfortable to run with a VR controller. You can't get it for free by adding fake 3d effect in WinUAE.