English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 04 June 2009, 17:19   #21
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
still Winuae quits without dump when you run even a quickstart mode with the correct rom found and even re-checked in the rom panel, and a disk inserted in df0:
But log is now totally different. You also said it crashes/quits. It does not quit in this situation, just goes back to GUI.

So what is it? When troubleshooting, always be very specific. "not working" -type responses only annoy and confuse everyone.

I expect basic troubleshooting steps from users, I am not going to spoon-feed anyone

(I hope you really have quickstart enabled, configuration won't change automatically if "start in quickstart mode"-checkbox is not checked. and it isn't checked in attached registry screenshot..)
Old 04 June 2009, 17:32   #22
Marcuz

i'm sorry if i was not clear Toni, but i stated in that post that the logs, and the ini were different in the (in "every" should be correct) first run of winuae AFTER the emptying of the ini file!

so: you told me to deleting the ini yesterday, which i have. when putting an empty ini today, the roms were scanned for and if you clicked run, after selecting a quickstart mode without shutting down, then winuae acted like it was using a rom replacement.

but if you shut it down and restart it, then starting a quickstart mode OR any other saved configuration simply quitted winuae, without opening the emulation window at all.

the workaround i have explained in my previous post: it is NOT the normal winuae behaviour, even if "start in quickstart mode" was not selected.

AND "start in quckstart mode" WAS and IS switched on at all times in all my previous tests, at least in the GUI, i haven't looked what's typed in the ini or logs about that, but the button is and has always been ticked on.

Old 04 June 2009, 21:23   #23
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Arghh.

1) rom scanning works just fine. (it simply can't stop working suddenly)
2) still no info except "not working". (could you even check if correct rom/path is shown in rom panel? It can't be that difficult)
3) this thread has at least 3 different problems mixed together. This is getting too confusing.

-> ignored until someone cleans up this mess and explains what exactly is going on.. (I have absolutely no idea)
Old 04 June 2009, 22:58   #24
Marcuz

sorry, but what kind of info would your require more?

1) yeah rom scanning works fine but it appears that the something about the code that tells winuae what rom to use may be broken, since it disregards it. possibly it is about the "start in quickstart mode". there's plenty of info above to check.

2) "not working" what can i say more than: "winuae quits when clicking the "start" button" about the rom selecting problem? there's no dump, of course, as it simply quits, and the logs and ini i have produced above.

also: since i've taken hours to test this winuae (many hours, taking in account the older beta releases) i think i can at least check basic things as paths, and yes i have in this case.

3) yes, that's true. but they have started all together since i have put the 1.6.1 in the folder, and they affect also the previous release. may that be that there is something to see in the way winuae reads/writes settings different from one version to one other, that causes all the above problems?

i'm not the only one to have the quit problem, for instance:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=555760&postcount=25

i'm not bugging you to use a wizard rack and solve problems, i'm just telling you to read what i write, which may not be perfectly expressed in english, but it's hardly casual.
and as i said many times, if you need more info, please point me what to test.
Old 04 June 2009, 23:04   #25
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
i'm not the only one to have the quit problem, for instance:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=555760&postcount=25
Hi Marco,

Have you tried the latest fix in the next post?
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=555896&postcount=26
Old 04 June 2009, 23:11   #26
Marcuz

heilà prowler,

yeah i tested it, but it was aimed at a different problem, and in fact it does not solve the ones above
Old 04 June 2009, 23:19   #27
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
heilà prowler,

yeah i tested it, but it was aimed at a different problem, and in fact it does not solve the ones above
I'm sorry to hear that, mate. You sure have some tough problems to solve here.
Old 02 October 2009, 17:22   #28
Marcuz

hello... is there some news on the input problem?
to resume, both with the amiga joysticks plugged and unplugged, the input gets reverted to them. costantly :/