English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 15 October 2001, 10:30   #21
RetroMan

Quote:
Originally posted by |cy[ool
Seems a few replys were deleted.. If the mods don't like what is discussed.. then there is not much reason replying.
nope, not deleted, they were splitted into another discussion (adf vs. dms or something like that)
Old 24 October 2001, 19:58   #22
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Well, considering that since the announcement I have received ZERO articles..... everyone seems to be interested, but not interested enough to actually pen an article.

Sad state of affairs really
Old 24 October 2001, 20:07   #23
Amiga1992

I am working on some graphics for it, does that help a bit?
Old 27 February 2004, 01:11   #24
Djay
95th User

is this project now dead... i've just found this site.... http://gv.caub.net/index.php
Old 27 February 2004, 03:20   #25
Amiga1992

NO it's nopt dead, I posted about this some time ago on abime.net, check the news archive
Old 27 February 2004, 16:39   #26
JudasEZT

I have an old unfinished fullscreen-lores of SalmaHayekm,.. it would be a nice time to finish it =)

maybe I can write a couple of articles too..
Old 27 February 2004, 17:48   #27
khephren

Quote:
Originally posted by Djay
is this project now dead... i've just found this site.... http://gv.caub.net/index.php
No it ain't dead.

http://gv.caub.net is the information site.

The URL for the magazine is closed at the moment and only open to the editorial staff.

We're just putting articles in the magazine, as and when we get them. I didn't bank on the UK scene being non-ex-fucking-istent.

So that's screwed up the release date which WAS going to be March 1st.

If you have any articles, email them to me.
Old 27 February 2004, 23:32   #28
Djay
95th User

cool, cool, cool...

this thread seemed a bit old, and there wasn't any dates on the site.. so i thought i'd check to make sure it was still an active project (thank god)

i always remember the UK scene being fairly dead... can anyone name any good demos from british groups????

the UK scene seemed to be lazy and just wait for european crackers to all the hard shit.... we brits just played games

what kinda stuff are you after....? Amiga related only etc etc...?
Old 28 February 2004, 00:42   #29
khephren

A good demo from a UK group? Hmmm let's start with naming a good UK group at the moment.

We haven't gota firm list of subject matter, it's more making them up as we go along. We've banned poetry so don't even think about that shite

We got a load of articles that was going into Grapevine issue 22, we'd have more but KenD is having problems converting them, he's Scottish so have to make allowances
Old 28 February 2004, 22:55   #30
Djay
95th User

what about Amiga related poetry, maybe we could have an EAB compo.. the winner, 2nd and 3rd place would go into grapevine (must be AMIGA related thou)

k,k,k i'll have a proper think
Old 29 February 2004, 03:29   #31
jrom
Wannabe asm coder ;)

Oke... really kewl something new is on the horizon but... is this going to be an online "disk" magazine or is there going to be native 68k versions? Also read something about pc version?
Old 29 February 2004, 04:57   #32
Amiga1992

I htink it will be either PC only or amiga/PC.... not an online thingy.
Old 29 February 2004, 13:00   #33
khephren

No plans for an Amiga edition since we don't know or have any Amiga programmers.

PC and Linux editions are being worked on.
Old 29 February 2004, 14:35   #34
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Quote:
Originally posted by khephren
No plans for an Amiga edition since we don't know or have any Amiga programmers.
Old 29 February 2004, 17:57   #35
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by khephren

PC and Linux editions are being worked on.
Screw Linux.

Look at Galahad's original message, he talks about helping the "amiga scene". It seems he was going to release it in Amiga format. I dunno who have gotten the project now but the decision about scrapping theAmiga, the platform where it originated, is terrible. You could contact Galahad to see if he wants to code it. Then again Pish-E related articles in an amiga mag wouldn't fit.

blergh
Old 29 February 2004, 18:08   #36
khephren

Quote:
Look at Galahad's original message, he talks about helping the "amiga scene".
I'm nothing to do with Galahad's attempt at reviving it, this is a seperate attempt. if no one from the "Amiga scene" wants to volunteer to write an Amiga engine, that is hardly my fault.

Quote:
I dunno who have gotten the project now but the decision about scrapping theAmiga, the platform where it originated, is terrible.
It's fuck all to do with us scrapping the Amiga, it's the fact that we DON'T have Amiga programmers. I'd be more than happy for this to be released on any platform, but with noone else here to work on it, we're fucked.

It's bad enough trying to get articles from this so called "scene", so the chances of Amiga coders coming forward is next to none.

Would love to be proved wrong.
Old 29 February 2004, 21:30   #37
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Would love to be proved wrong.
now sounds like a challenge

has anyone tried to contact the original makers of grapevine, might be worth a go!

i'd like to see Grapevine on the Amiga/PC, but i understand the constraints. i do hope, however there will be a dedicated Amiga scene in the 'vine.
Old 29 February 2004, 21:54   #38
khephren

Quote:
has anyone tried to contact the original makers of grapevine
Er we sort of have had a discussion with them. Shagratt and Pazza ain't exactly over the moon about it, but after eight years we've come to the conclusion of going ahead anyway.

KenD/LSD (ex-Editor) is writing articles for us, and provided us with articles that was intended for GV22 (we've included some of them for a laugh) and Echo/LSD is alright about it, he'd given us permission to use his tunes.

Quote:
now sounds like a challenge
Some graphics artists would be nice an all.
Old 01 March 2004, 12:11   #39
Amiga1992

Well that'sa fuck in the arse and a half. I would try to contact Galahad, but now that he's got a busy life as a PO, I doubt he can mbark into the project. And I know Codetapper has enough projects of his own as to get into a new one.

None of the democrews are willing to help?
Old 01 March 2004, 12:31   #40
khephren

Quote:
Well that's a fuck in the arse and a half. I would try to contact Galahad, but now that he's got a busy life as a PO, I doubt he can mbark into the project. And I know Codetapper has enough projects of his own as to get into a new one.

None of the democrews are willing to help?
Like I said, I've contacted Galahad, with a request for some of Dark's graphics which were left over from GV22. Heard nothing, so I've had to do them, along with Sarek (ex-Nerve Axis).

I contacted Virus666/Scoopex and he agreed to do some graphics, heard fuck all again.

Only crap I've had from the scene is emails like "can't wait to read it!". Hmmm don't understand the concept of having to write the fucker in the first place.

Let me put it in perspective, if each member of this board wrote ONE article a year, we'd have enough for 10 issues.