English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 12 September 2006, 21:43   #1
Moonhawk

Thumbs up Gravity Game Name?

Hi

I used to play a cool gravity game which I think was PD and cant for the life of me remember what it was called.

It was strictly 2 player only and was a bit like asteroids. The game could be set up with various parameters but basically revolved 1 or more stars/black holes on the screen (this could be pre defined or set to random) - the ships and any bullets fired were affected by the gravity of these objects and you had to fly around trying to kill your opponent whilst simultaneously avoiding crashing into the stars/black holes.

Can anyone help to identify (i`m pretty sure it didnt have Gravity in the title)

Other cool PD games i`d like to track down too - Sneech (light cycle/worm type game) and Trick or Treat (2 player doomish 3d maze shoot em up)

Old 12 September 2006, 21:59   #2
Moonhawk

After trawling google I think i've found it

http://www.mobygames.com/game/amiga/...ar/screenshots

anyone know where I can get an ADF version?

Old 12 September 2006, 22:01   #3
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

http://planetemu.net/index.php?secti...wrom&id=341012
Old 12 September 2006, 22:16   #4
lurkist
Zone Friend

Trick Or Treat - great game, Amiga Power coverdisk 39. Also contains Gravity Force 2 (I know, not what you want, but related)
Old 12 September 2006, 22:25   #5
Moonhawk

Retro-Nerd

Thanks for the link - i've downloaded and its works great - its not quite how I remember it (too much beer I suspect) but addictive all the same - i`ll have to get my mate round for some long overdue rematches

Lurkist

Trick or treat was great - very simple concept - but very very playable, unlike so many games these days.

Old 12 September 2006, 22:32   #6
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonhawk
Retro-Nerd

Thanks for the link - i've downloaded and its works great - its not quite how I remember it (too much beer I suspect) but addictive all the same - i`ll have to get my mate round for some long overdue rematches

Lurkist

Trick or treat was great - very simple concept - but very very playable, unlike so many games these days.
Maybe you should try Fly Harder or Gravity Force.

http://hol.abime.net/2789

http://hol.abime.net/584
Old 12 September 2006, 22:34   #7
lurkist
Zone Friend

Should also give a shout out to my mate's game, Oblivion. Similar to the Alien Breed series, but in miniature. Mission-based in one-player, frag-fest in two-player!
I did the music and most of the screams!

Hmm, it's not in Aminet, I know it was included in a Coverdisk at some stage. Maybe I'll upload it to the Zone.

Last edited by lurkist; 12 September 2006 at 22:36. Reason: additional info