English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 22 November 2020, 20:15   #1
brianjones
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London
Posts: 31
After burner activision

Hi there, there is any chance to get After Burner by Activision BUT without Quartex crack as these guys used to add trainers...but at the same time change the text of the games!! if is possible in ADF format....

Many many thanks in advance
brianjones is offline  
Old 22 November 2020, 20:21   #2
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 47
Posts: 7,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjones View Post
Hi there, there is any chance to get After Burner by Activision BUT without Quartex crack as these guys used to add trainers...but at the same time change the text of the games!! if is possible in ADF format....

Many many thanks in advance
Actually Quartex rarely did.

Version by Quartex with no trainer: https://www.planetemu.net/rom/commod...ivision-cr-qtx
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 22 November 2020, 20:32   #3
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 18,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjones View Post
Hi there, there is any chance to get After Burner by Activision BUT without Quartex crack as these guys used to add trainers...but at the same time change the text of the games!! if is possible in ADF format....

Many many thanks in advance
I assume you mean on this disk: "After Burner v1.00 (1988-11-05)(Activision)(Disk 2 of 2)[cr QTX][t +3 Band][bootable].adf"

Yeah was changed to:
From:
I've seen much worse hacks though... take a look at this abomination of "Ziriax" cracked by "Black Monks"
1) Ziriax (1990)(Software Business)[cr Black Monks].adf
2) Ziriax (1990)(Software Business)[cr Black Monks][t +3 FSN].adf


Last edited by DamienD; 22 November 2020 at 20:46.
DamienD is offline  
Old 22 November 2020, 23:57   #4
brianjones
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Actually Quartex rarely did.

Version by Quartex with no trainer: https://www.planetemu.net/rom/commod...ivision-cr-qtx

in fact what I want is a version without any trace of Quartex and their changes....
brianjones is offline  
Old 22 November 2020, 23:59   #5
brianjones
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I assume you mean on this disk: "After Burner v1.00 (1988-11-05)(Activision)(Disk 2 of 2)[cr QTX][t +3 Band][bootable].adf"

Yeah was changed to:
From:
I've seen much worse hacks though... take a look at this abomination of "Ziriax" cracked by "Black Monks"
1) Ziriax (1990)(Software Business)[cr Black Monks].adf
2) Ziriax (1990)(Software Business)[cr Black Monks][t +3 FSN].adf

OH!that's what I want! where can I get that version with unmodified screen of After Burner???
brianjones is offline  
Old Yesterday, 00:12   #6
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 18,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjones View Post
OH!that's what I want! where can I get that version with unmodified screen of After Burner???
I would have hacked back the original text in "After Burner v1.00 (1988-11-05)(Activision)(Disk 2 of 2)[cr QTX][t +3 Band][bootable].adf" for you but unfortunately it's an "NDOS" disk, so above my skill level...

The original / unmodified screenshot I posted was taken from the .IPFs: After Burner (1988)(Activision)[0095].zip
DamienD is offline  
Old Yesterday, 00:19   #7
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 47
Posts: 7,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjones View Post
in fact what I want is a version without any trace of Quartex and their changes....
Their changes are why it exists in the first place.

Other than that text, its the same.

Why the issue?
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old Yesterday, 00:42   #8
brianjones
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Their changes are why it exists in the first place.

Other than that text, its the same.

Why the issue?

What do you mean with "is why it exists"? maybe there is another cracked version out there...
issue? well, don't like games on its non original form (and don't know if there is any other modified thing)

Last edited by brianjones; Yesterday at 00:51.
brianjones is offline  
Old Yesterday, 00:50   #9
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 18,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjones View Post
nobody has an original copy?
You can use the .IPFs I linked to in emulation.

...but you won't be able to use on a real Amiga; or probably write back to disks due to protection / format used.

This is why the game was cracked by Quartex.

Unfortunately they slightly modified the text also.

To me though, this small hack isn't a big deal; unlike Ziriax.
DamienD is offline  
Old Yesterday, 00:58   #10
brianjones
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
You can use the .IPFs I linked to in emulation.

...but you won't be able to use on a real Amiga; or probably write back to disks due to protection / format used.

This is why the game was cracked by Quartex.

Unfortunately they slightly modified the text also.

To me though, this small hack isn't a big deal; unlike Ziriax.

Oh, I never used other files than ADF. Well, yes is only to use on Winuae so great! (otherwise I would buy some used version on ebay) Is not a BIG issue or whatever, if I get the right version, ok , if not... well ok too...



Thanks a lot mate
brianjones is offline  
Old Yesterday, 01:01   #11
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 18,650
Cool

If you emulate then you just need the .IPF plugin to be able to use .IPF files.

Download from here, open, go into the "capsimg_binary" directory and extract "CAPSImg.dll" into your "WinUAE" directory

You load .IPFs just like you would .ADFs (or any other disk format like .ADZ or .DMS).
DamienD is offline  
Old Yesterday, 01:07   #12
brianjones
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Cool

If you emulate then you just need the .IPF plugin to be able to use .IPF files.

Download from here, open, go into the "capsimg_binary" directory and extract "CAPSImg.dll" into your "WinUAE" directory

You load .IPFs just like you would .ADFs (or any other disk format like .ADZ or .DMS).
wow, really, thanks!!!!
brianjones is offline  
Old Yesterday, 01:13   #13
brianjones
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Cool

If you emulate then you just need the .IPF plugin to be able to use .IPF files.

Download from here, open, go into the "capsimg_binary" directory and extract "CAPSImg.dll" into your "WinUAE" directory

You load .IPFs just like you would .ADFs (or any other disk format like .ADZ or .DMS).
works like a dream! thanks a lot again and again and again
brianjones is offline  
Old Yesterday, 01:16   #14
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 47
Posts: 7,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjones View Post
What do you mean with "is why it exists"? maybe there is another cracked version out there...
issue? well, don't like games on its non original form (and don't know if there is any other modified thing)
1). If there is no visible trainer on the front of the game, theres unlikely to be any modifications other than removing protection.

2). Quartex were known for editing one piece of text to announce they'd cracked it....... that was it.

3). That >>>ONE<<< piece of text being edited doesn't affect the ENTIRE game.

4). There is no compunction on you to actually use the trainer, majority are default options off.

Just seems a completely baffling "complaint".
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old Yesterday, 01:18   #15
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 18,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjones View Post
wow, really, thanks!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjones View Post
works like a dream! thanks a lot again and again and again
Just in case you didn't know, .IPF files are 100% original disks imaged in a special format.

They can handle different disk formats / protections etc.
DamienD is offline  
Old Today, 00:33   #16
brianjones
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
1). If there is no visible trainer on the front of the game, theres unlikely to be any modifications other than removing protection.

2). Quartex were known for editing one piece of text to announce they'd cracked it....... that was it.

3). That >>>ONE<<< piece of text being edited doesn't affect the ENTIRE game.

4). There is no compunction on you to actually use the trainer, majority are default options off.

Just seems a completely baffling "complaint".

1)there is not trainer (yes, in this in particular is true)

2)I don't care for what they were known, I wanted it as original.
3)same like second poitnt, I do't care ...I wanted it in its original form (thnx DamienD )

4)Again, I said trainer but my concernt wasn't any trainer (which the game doesn't have)


"Just seems a completely baffling "complaint"" what complaint? I only ask if someone has a version without any modifications.

Last edited by brianjones; Today at 00:46.
brianjones is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After Burner StingRay HOL data problems 11 20 January 2016 10:55
Willem burner help Turran support.Hardware 12 22 February 2013 13:09
After Burner US mai support.Games 2 03 April 2011 17:38
Will this burner do kickstarts? DoogUK support.Hardware 34 26 February 2009 12:47
SCSI CD Burner Cerberus73 support.Hardware 3 01 June 2008 23:19

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.08342 seconds with 14 queries