English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 08 October 2018, 22:51   #201
high-5
Zone Friend

Thanks cyberhead97!
I really love this. As a part time Amiga user it is an easy way for me of having a fully customized AmigaOS install.
Do you plan to do this for 3.1.4 also?
Old 09 October 2018, 07:31   #202
cloverskull

I filed a github issue, but wanted to also flag here - when I try using hstwb installer to install os3.9 with bb1+2 and classicwb3.9, I get the asyncwb error. If I manually run this entire installation, I don't get the error, so something must not be working 100% correctly.

Beyond that, _very_ impressive package!
Old 09 October 2018, 13:41   #203
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by high-5 View Post
Thanks cyberhead97!
I really love this. As a part time Amiga user it is an easy way for me of having a fully customized AmigaOS install.
Do you plan to do this for 3.1.4 also?
Yes, I have planned 3.1.4 in for future v1.3. I have bought A1200 and A500/A600/A2000 versions as I see those as the most critical ones to support. I would like to support all versions of Workbench 3.1.4, but I don't own an A3000 or A4000, so didn't buy those versions.

Maybe if I could get hold of the install scripts and lists of file names and sizes, I can write support for them as well without owning them. I will of course need someones to help test those to verify that it works as I don't own those versions.

I'm working on getting docs for v1.2.0 finalized, but is considered getting it released without it includes all documentation and get it updated meanwhile on the hstwb website, which will be the place to find the latest docs. Currently it mostly located at github wiki pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverskull View Post
I filed a github issue, but wanted to also flag here - when I try using hstwb installer to install os3.9 with bb1+2 and classicwb3.9, I get the asyncwb error. If I manually run this entire installation, I don't get the error, so something must not be working 100% correctly.

Beyond that, _very_ impressive package!
Thanks, I'm happy to know that people find it useful.

Good you created an issue on github and notified me here. Sounds like it needs further investigating.

Can you please share where you got your BB1 & 2 updates from and share a MD5 checksum of your Amiga OS 3.9 cd-rom/iso? It would also be useful with details about WinUAE/FS-UAE/emulator and version used.
Old 11 October 2018, 22:59   #204
cyberhead97

I have started creating support for automated installation of Amiga OS 3.1.4 A1200 version at first put as part of HstWB Installer v1.3.0-ALPHA.

It's not in a user friendly state yet, but it's taking good shape, works and does automated installation from both adf files and floppy disks at the moment.

I have also added installation of the new Glow Icons on the storage disk, which depends on what users select in a requester choosing either yes and no.

Here's a video of the Amiga OS 3.1.4 A1200 being installed using WinUAE [ Show youtube player ].
Old 06 November 2018, 21:09   #205
cyberhead97

Finally HstWB Installer v1.2.0 stable is now released at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com with following new downloads available:

HstWB Installer:
  • HstWB Installer v1.2.0 MSI Installer
  • HstWB Installer v1.2.0 Portable

HstWB package and user package installation:
  • HstWB Package Installation v1.2.0
  • HstWB User Package Installation v1.2.0

Prebuild self install images:
  • 4GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0
  • 8GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0
  • 16GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0
  • 32GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0
  • 64GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0

Raspberry Pi:
  • Amibian v1.4.1001 img preconfigured with HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0
  • USB self install files

v1.2.0 stable includes following changes compared to v1.2.0-BETA6:
  • Fixed install kickstart script detecting Cloanto Amiga Forever rom key file.
  • Fixed packages not being sorted by priority and name.
  • Updated and formatted PFS3 images with PFS3AIO 3.1.
  • Updated readme and moved most of it to Github Wiki at https://github.com/henrikstengaard/hstwb-installer/wiki.

All downloads for v1.2.0 is ~10GB in total.

I'm still working on updating documentation moved to Github Wiki at https://github.com/henrikstengaard/hstwb-installer/wiki with simplified quickstarts and details about new features introduced with v1.2.0.

To get an idea of how to use HstWB Installer, I have started writing https://github.com/henrikstengaard/h...stWB-Installer.

Also works continues with v1.3.0-BETA1 to support Amiga OS 3.1.4 and with the recent situation of changes online downloads, I need to examine if MD5 checksums have changed as well.

Have fun with the release and please report any issues
Old 07 November 2018, 07:31   #206
RoC

Fantastic. I am going to install the 16GB 1.2.0 over the weekend ;-)
The new PFS3AIO helps.

Having bought the 3.1.4 as well, looking forward to installing the 1.3 betas when they are ready sometime in the future.

Thanks!
Old 07 November 2018, 20:59   #207
high-5
Zone Friend

Grats for new stable release!
Hope to have some time next week to try it out.

Looking forward to 1.3.0-Beta :-)
Old 27 November 2018, 20:02   #208
boondoggle

I'm trying to launch a installed image with P-UAE but it doesn't seem to work. Is it due to PFS3?
Old 28 November 2018, 07:43   #209
boondoggle

Maybe following questions should be in here, it seems your scripts, cyberhead97, is populating AGS2(?);
I´m trying to launch a game with option "custom1=1". Is it possible to make AGS launch game by looking at icon info? Or how do i make that "custom1=1" permanent to that certain game?
Old 29 November 2018, 22:31   #210
SpocksBeer

Hello,

Just want to say thank you for making this excellent tool, it take so much hassle out of routine Workbench setup.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas about a problem I'm having though. I've found that when using an ACA1233n accelerator, everything works beautifully. Boots first time, every time, seems stable. When I switch over to using my ACA1221ec, however, Workbench fails to boot at all. I can get to the pre-Workbench configuration menu, and I've tried enabling the Use-ACA option, tried different SCSI drivers, turning 020+ mode on and off. Nothing seems to make a difference.

The only thing that does help is setting the MapROM jumper on the ACA to it's safe mode position (limits to 1MB fast RAM, 17Mhz). Then, a HSTWB-prepared Workbench runs fine. I'm reasonably sure the ACA1221ec is working correctly - I can successfully boot with full acceleration enabled into a different Workbench install (one prepared by an ACA500+), just not HSTWB.

Anyone have any ideas what may be going on? All I could think was that because I'd used the ACA1233n first, something got configured somewhere that is incompatible with the ACA1221ec, but I'm not a Workbench guru to understand if that's even possible.
Old 06 December 2018, 22:44   #211
SpocksBeer

Just to update, turns out my issue was caused by a bug in the ACA1221 that broke when processing the LoadModule scsi.device section of the startup-sequence. The latest firmware from iComp fixed the issue.
Old 22 December 2018, 13:51   #212
boondoggle

Yes, first of i really thank you for this tool! However when i try to make an installer with workbench 3.1 disks and classic wb lite. And then add ags2 to startup its seems to miss some AGS assigns. Only on classic wb lite. If i could wish anything in these times it would be that your ags scripts could be "default" made even for games that you cant find in that other database, in my case Giana Sisters SE, Syndicate American Revolt (which is quite newly whdloaded).
Old 12 January 2019, 14:53   #213
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Not sure if this is the right place or not for this but I am using HstWB and made my own image but on building it I get an error.

Code:
Copy-Item : Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Enigma\Desktop\hstwb-installer_1.2.0_portable\amiga\userpackage
s\eab-whdload-games\C\CruncherFactory\data\libs\'.
At C:\Users\Enigma\Desktop\hstwb-installer_1.2.0_portable\run.ps1:2267 char:5
+     Copy-Item -Path "$amigaUserPackagesDir\*" "$tempInstallDir\Instal ...
+     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : WriteError: ( :FileInfo) [Copy-Item], DirectoryNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CopyDirectoryInfoItemIOError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.CopyItemCommand
There is obviously something wrong with one of my WHDload games and I have a suspicion its the blank file name in that location. Any idea on what to do?
Old 14 January 2019, 02:49   #214
SpocksBeer

Looks like you've extracted the LHAs on a Windows PC. Pretty sure the games can only safely be extracted in the WinUAE build environment, once the "build install entries" script has been run over the eab-whdload-games directory (script found in support/user packages directory).

That said, I found this portion of this tool quite confusing so I could be misunderstanding how it's supposed to work.
Old 14 January 2019, 02:51   #215
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBeer View Post
Looks like you've extracted the LHAs on a Windows PC. Pretty sure the games can only safely be extracted in the WinUAE build environment, once the "build install entries" script has been run over the eab-whdload-games directory (script found in support/user packages directory).

That said, I found this portion of this tool quite confusing so I could be misunderstanding how it's supposed to work.
Nope all LHAs were extracted from workbench.
Old 19 January 2019, 22:59   #216
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place or not for this but I am using HstWB and made my own image but on building it I get an error.

Code:
Copy-Item : Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Enigma\Desktop\hstwb-installer_1.2.0_portable\amiga\userpackage
s\eab-whdload-games\C\CruncherFactory\data\libs\'.
At C:\Users\Enigma\Desktop\hstwb-installer_1.2.0_portable\run.ps1:2267 char:5
+     Copy-Item -Path "$amigaUserPackagesDir\*" "$tempInstallDir\Instal ...
+     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : WriteError: ( :FileInfo) [Copy-Item], DirectoryNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CopyDirectoryInfoItemIOError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.CopyItemCommand
There is obviously something wrong with one of my WHDload games and I have a suspicion its the blank file name in that location. Any idea on what to do?
This would currently be the right ask questions related to use of HstWB Installer. It seems like you’re trying to install eab-whdload-games user package and have extracted lha files, which will cause some errors. The lha files downloaded from eab file server should be left as is download from eab file server since the “build install entries” script will scan for lha and lzx files and build scripts to automatically extract them.

Please note these lha files are typically made on an Amiga and can contain incompatible filename characters with PC, Mac and Linux. Extracting such lha game files outside an Amiga can there cause issues with missing files as incompatible filenames usually are not extracted or they will be extracted with odd characters that makes them hard to delete again on PC, Mac and Linux.

I also see you might have copyed lha files directly into HstWB Installers amiga directory. This explains the error as amiga directory is used internally for running install or build self install modes. To correctly install lha game files from eab file server using HstWB Installer install mode do the following steps:
1. Copy “support\user packages” from HstWB Installer to somewhere like desktop.
2. Copy lha game files to desktop user packages eab-whdload-games directory.
3. Run “build install entries” script.
4. Start HstWB Installer setup.
5. Select configure user packages.
6. Select change user package directory and browse/select desktop user packages directory.
7. Select eab-whdload-games user package to install.
8. Run install mode.

Please let me know if this helps you resolve the error.

Last edited by cyberhead97; 19 January 2019 at 23:01. Reason: More details
Old 19 January 2019, 23:56   #217
cyberhead97

HstWB Installer v1.3.0-BETA1 is now released at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com with following new downloads available:

HstWB Installer:
  • HstWB Installer v1.3.0-BETA1 MSI Installer
  • HstWB Installer v1.3.0-BETA1 Portable

Pre-build self install images:
  • 4GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.3.0-BETA1
  • 8GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.3.0-BETA1
  • 16GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.3.0-BETA1

v1.3.0-BETA1 includes following changes compared to v1.2.0:
  • Added automated installation of Amiga OS 3.1.4.
  • Install mode disabled as HstWB Installer Setup is not yet updated with Amiga OS 3.1.4 support yet. Please build self install images for automated installation of Amiga OS 3.1.4.
  • Changed self install images to show Amiga OS and Kickstart installation menus. These menus show what HstWB Installer has detected and gives options to select what to install. They also have detection logs and restart detection options to easily change adf or rom files without having to restart the emulator.
  • Added/integrated BestWB as a package for Amiga OS 3.1.4 users.
  • Combined previous WORKBENCHDIR and OS39DIR to AMIGADIR to have one directory with all Amiga OS iso, adf and lha files.
  • Rewritten most of Amiga OS, Kickstart detection and installation with lots of testing to verify new and existing functionality still works.
  • Updated AmigaDOS shells to use KingCON for self install images for scrolling back in shell window to see previous messages.
  • New self install images are available at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com.
  • ... and lots of fixes and tweaks.

For BestWB package I started giving it some eye candy by copy icons from GlowIcons and Amiga OS 3.1.4 IconPack to BestWB icons. But I ran into some issues and didn’t want it to delay the beta release, so they have been commented out and will be included in next beta release.

I also wrote my own tool to change icon position and drawer size and position from CLI as I couldn’t find a free one without possible license or distribution limitations. For anyone interested in this, it currently located at https://github.com/henrikstengaard/h.../amiga/iconpos with source and 68k binary. My C programming skills arent the best and it could be improved, but learning and it gets better over time.

I have added screenshots for teasers to updated self install steps and Amiga OS 3.1.4 being installed with GlowIcons and 640*512 resolution where GlowIcons looks really good.

Have fun with the release and please report any issues
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	58B2323E-EA52-4D60-ADE9-F48724FE267B.png
Views:	279
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	61654   Click image for larger version

Name:	B6DEEEEA-B447-4BDB-9836-A798B6348C42.png
Views:	285
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	61655   Click image for larger version

Name:	CDFFF73C-C90E-465C-BD58-F4CEEEA670EC.png
Views:	258
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	61656   Click image for larger version

Name:	A93E573F-E8B7-472D-9437-E91186AD56E7.png
Views:	248
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	61657   Click image for larger version

Name:	8281E7CF-1679-4815-BA4F-40C690487D5C.png
Views:	233
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	61658  

Click image for larger version

Name:	C1230A1D-65BA-423E-B921-E6765EBB2712.png
Views:	270
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	61660   Click image for larger version

Name:	864568E2-0B53-46E7-A811-820D28155E06.png
Views:	240
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	61662   Click image for larger version

Name:	4368A5C0-4D9F-4540-AEBF-EC12F9BE9DBD.png
Views:	209
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	61663  
Old 20 January 2019, 09:30   #218
RoC

Fantastic Henrik.

Time to test 3.1.4 for me ;-)
Old 21 January 2019, 23:30   #219
high-5
Zone Friend

Thanks a lot!!!

Until now I have used your self install image. This time I would like to install whdload + games and demos via the installer. I have my selection of whdload games and demos ready.
What would be your recommended way to get whdload and EAB whdload packages for selected games/demos installed?
Old 22 January 2019, 01:47   #220
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by high-5 View Post
Thanks a lot!!!

Until now I have used your self install image. This time I would like to install whdload + games and demos via the installer. I have my selection of whdload games and demos ready.
What would be your recommended way to get whdload and EAB whdload packages for selected games/demos installed?
Seems we have a similar goal. and would look at the reply above, seems like I should have left them in LHA archives and let the installer deal with them, instead of using my files extracted on an Amiga.

-Edit-
Didn't want to double post,
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
This would currently be the right ask questions related to use of HstWB Installer. It seems like you’re trying to install eab-whdload-games user package and have extracted lha files, which will cause some errors. The lha files downloaded from eab file server should be left as is download from eab file server since the “build install entries” script will scan for lha and lzx files and build scripts to automatically extract them.

Please note these lha files are typically made on an Amiga and can contain incompatible filename characters with PC, Mac and Linux. Extracting such lha game files outside an Amiga can there cause issues with missing files as incompatible filenames usually are not extracted or they will be extracted with odd characters that makes them hard to delete again on PC, Mac and Linux.

I also see you might have copyed lha files directly into HstWB Installers amiga directory. This explains the error as amiga directory is used internally for running install or build self install modes. To correctly install lha game files from eab file server using HstWB Installer install mode do the following steps:
1. Copy “support\user packages” from HstWB Installer to somewhere like desktop.
2. Copy lha game files to desktop user packages eab-whdload-games directory.
3. Run “build install entries” script.
4. Start HstWB Installer setup.
5. Select configure user packages.
6. Select change user package directory and browse/select desktop user packages directory.
7. Select eab-whdload-games user package to install.
8. Run install mode.

Please let me know if this helps you resolve the error.
This has indeed fixed the problem, but now have another and not sure how to fix it. I can not launch AGS2 from the boot menu as it states its not installed, I can however launch it from workbench which is odd as it claims its not installed. Is there a config I need to change or some other way of fixing it?

Last edited by enigma776; 23 January 2019 at 22:16.