English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 09 December 2004, 03:42   #21
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Erm, Project X on PSX is actually called X2 , and indeed is a SEQUEL to Project X, not Project X.

I have it, and I can give some info on it, if someone is interested (Though I am sure I have done in another thread, but I wouldn't mind to do it again).

It is pretty much as good as the 1st game (i.e. not that much )
Old 09 December 2004, 10:17   #22
Tolismlf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand
Erm, Project X on PSX is actually called X2 , and indeed is a SEQUEL to Project X, not Project X.

(i.e. not that much )
Yes i understood that it's a sequel when i saw "Project X 2"
Old 10 December 2004, 03:50   #23
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Sorry mate, I hadn't checked the site before.

But that site is full of crap. The game is NOT called Project X 2. It's called just "X2" . There's one version (US. Japan or Europe, I dunno" which is called "X2: No Relief".

And it was NOT developed by Accolade like the site says, but by Team 17. Actually, it was made by the "original" team of Team17 - Andreas Tadic and Rico Holmes.
Old 10 December 2004, 17:07   #24
amigaade
Zone Friend

Only version of SOTB#1 I ever completed was on the PC ENGINE CD.
Incredible for an 8bit conversion, looking every bit as good as the Amiga version (parallax etc) with remastered CD soundtrack. Unfortunatly let down by the long loading sequences of cut scenes.

Got the Playstation X2:No Relief, great graphics and superb music (dr. awesome)
- shame about the gameplay .
(buy music CD instead from http://www.lynnemusic.com/ if still available )
Old 10 December 2004, 20:58   #25
JudasEZT

The versions I would like to see are Fire&Ice for MasterSystem and Gamegear,. its supposed Graftgold had it prepared but not released due legal shit with Sega and Virgin.. I guess.. Im sure Graftgold made wonders with those versions.
Old 10 December 2004, 23:56   #26
Tolismlf

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigaade
Only version of SOTB#1 I ever completed was on the PC ENGINE CD.
Incredible for an 8bit conversion, looking every bit as good as the Amiga version (parallax etc) with remastered CD soundtrack. Unfortunatly let down by the long loading sequences of cut scenes.
Sorry folks don't want to say anything bad for PC engine, Megadrive etc but the Amiga version was the best and had no equal
Old 11 December 2004, 01:44   #27
amigaade
Zone Friend

Quote:
Sorry folks don't want to say anything bad for PC engine, Megadrive etc but the Amiga version was the best and had no equal
I am equally sorry BUT (not saying anything bad about the Amiga - I still love my a600+1200) I have both versions running side by side on TVs the PC ENGINE version KICKS ASS.
and don't forget it was an 8bit, that did arcade perfect games and conversions of vastly superior consoles NEO GEO etc without skimping try SF2 CE, all speech, music, colour, animation etc. on a credit card size rom.

We'll just have to agree to disagree, one mans meat and all that.
Old 11 December 2004, 10:42   #28
Tolismlf

did you know that...

the first good football game that saw the light, Microprose Soccer on the C64, was programmed by Sensible Software?
Old 11 December 2004, 19:43   #29
blackcornflake

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm certainly stunned.
Old 11 December 2004, 21:06   #30
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolismlf
the first good football game that saw the light, Microprose Soccer on the C64, was programmed by Sensible Software?
I can't speak for others, but I found International Soccer to be quite fun on the C64. Played that a lot.
Old 14 December 2004, 01:07   #31
Tolismlf

did you know that...

Tehkan, the company behind the famous Bombjack and Tehkan World Cup, later were renamed to Tecmo and produced games as Gemini Wing, Rygar, Shadow Warriors, Ninja Gaiden, Silkworm, Solomon's Key, World Cup 90 ???
Old 14 December 2004, 09:13   #32
Tolismlf

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigaade
I am equally sorry BUT (not saying anything bad about the Amiga - I still love my a600+1200) I have both versions running side by side on TVs the PC ENGINE version KICKS ASS.
and don't forget it was an 8bit, that did arcade perfect games and conversions of vastly superior consoles NEO GEO etc without skimping try SF2 CE, all speech, music, colour, animation etc. on a credit card size rom.

We'll just have to agree to disagree, one mans meat and all that.
Don't forget that PC Engine, although it was an 8bit machine, it had a 320x256 mode with 500 colors! And it also had 6 channel stereo sound.

Old 14 December 2004, 09:54   #33
Baseley09

The Amiga version > All

It's that simple. In defence of the Megadrive version, it is easier, so some my find more appeal. Also the Japanese version differs in graphic from the Pal version EA put out. Looksie http://sotb.free.fr/Fichiers/screen_megadrive.html

The Amiga music pwns the PC Engine AST too, the arranged PCE music is nice, but lacks punch imo.

Super Shadow of the Beast on the Snes is just awful, the snes synth strings should have been great but they just ballzsed the whole game up.

Obviously this is all imo imo imo tbh
Old 14 December 2004, 13:04   #34
manicx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Duck
The Atari ST version is horrid. It's washed out, ugly, and just an insult to fans of this great series.
The conversion on the ST was crap because the conversion was crap. Rather than redesigning the game, they just got the graphics, reduced the colours and there you are. There were a few ST demos that actually redesigned the first level of SotB and adjusted it to the ST. It was miles better than the Psygnosis version. Not as good as the Amiga version, but there were more colours, better scrolling, more fps.
Old 14 December 2004, 13:10   #35
Tolismlf

I think that Psygnossis thought: hey this is never going to be like the Amiga. No miracles here folks, they thought. So why trying? Just reduce the colors, convert the amazing stereo sound to mono and adjust the game to 5 fps and there you are, and it's more than OK.
Old 15 December 2004, 04:45   #36
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Fire & Ice was released here in Brazil, in both SMS and Game Gear versions. I dunno how Tec Toy got the righrs to publish it, but it was done here.

And it seems to be one of the most sought Master System games around.
Old 29 December 2004, 09:34   #37
AliZafri

Never knew this.
Old 15 January 2005, 16:45   #38
Mark_C

Since we're talking about Shadow Of The Beast... can anyone recall a TV program which featured the game in one scene? I think it was an Australian kids drama about a boy (I think it was a one off, not a series) and one scene had him gazing in amazement at a computer playing Shadow Of The Beast in a shop.
Old 17 January 2005, 06:02   #39
Android
A1200 Pervert OnBoard

The ST version sucked, everytime your charachter "punched" or "jumped" or whatever, the soundeffect required would interrupt the music lol .... Pants Machine !! good for midi .... everything else for it Sucked Eggs !
Old 17 January 2005, 20:42   #40
lloyd
Mehh :D

The version for the 128K Spectrum had excellent sound - seriously!