English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 23 February 2019, 23:33   #1
crispywotsits

Amiberry black screen on clicking Start

Hi guys,

I'm going out of my mind here. Been trying for well over an hour with various kickstart rom files and I cannot get this thing to give me a kickstart screen.

I'm using the canned DietPi image. Amiberry is at version 2.24 I've checked the CRC32 of the kick13.rom I have (c4f0f55f - matches whats required), dropped it into the /mnt/dietpi_userdata/amiberry/kickstarts folder.

It is registering the file and selecting it in the ROM dropdown box.

I also tried the encrypted roms from my Amiga forever disk and included the rom.key file.

I don't think its my rom file, I've used this with FS-UAE just fine. Have I got some permissions issues or does anyone know if there is a log file or some debug mode I can look at. It may be some failure of compilation during build etc.

Thanks,
Crispy.
Old 24 February 2019, 11:42   #2
daxb

Isn't there a window on the screen before Amiberry/ROM starts? If so it should tell you where the log file is located. I don't know DietPi but here, Amiberry on Retropie is using /dev/shm/ for error logs.

For permission issues you can do a simple "ls -l /path/to/roms" for checking.
Old 24 February 2019, 15:01   #3
crispywotsits

Thanks daxb for responding.

No, unfortunately there is no window on the screen before Amiberry starts. I couldn't find any logs in /dev/shm either.

The retropie installation might be something to try. But I find it hard to believe that it doesn't work out of the box with their own distro. I should rephrase, I *can't* get it to work with their distro.

Permissions look ok on my roms, Amiberry looks like its running as root, and can probably read the rom.

I ran strace on it but couldn't determine anything. Maybe I'll give retropie a shot.
Old 27 February 2019, 15:15   #4
crispywotsits

After numerous iterations and some help from the Amiberry facebook group, I've gotten it going. I'm using the rp3-sdl2-dispmanx release. I had the wrong KMS driver in place. It is working now from a direct build from source on Raspbian on the CLI. My ROMS appear to be good. I can now get a kickstart logo on 1.3.

I will go back to DietPI and see if I can recreate there also.
Old 28 February 2019, 13:07   #5
Genlock
Out to Grass

Hi crispywotsits !
I downloaded and flashed the img for the Dietpi but it hung,after some poking about i found that Spider mode shows remote file exists but "Failed to connect to web address"
http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/raspbian
did you get any problems at this stage?

I ran the DietPi-Drive_Manager and tried to get it through there but no luck.
All other software i marked for installation worked ok - Linux Mate desktop, and Kodi.

Tried also apt full-upgrade and the dietpi-config but i cant seem to get the package to get and install raspbian.

If i get it sorted i will try and run Workbench, as all the files are already on the sd card ,
Roms work WORKBENCH are reported with ls.

Last edited by Genlock; 28 February 2019 at 13:10. Reason: altered http link