English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 20 August 2014, 03:48   #1
dudeslife

Just bought a MIST. Anyone had success getting Arctic Fox, Archon, etc to run?

I want to play my first Amiga games (on the 1000 before it was the 1000). But stinking EA ruined most of their games with copy protection. TOSEC's two Arctic Fox adfs are bad. I found some old threads but the links were bad. Anyone know of a good Arctic Fox adf that will run on a MIST? Thanks!

Old 20 August 2014, 06:36   #2
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Whdloaded version?

http://www.whdload.de/games/ArcticFox.html
http://kg.whdownload.com/kgwhd/files...2009-05-28.zip
Old 20 August 2014, 08:38   #3
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Either use the WHDLoad versions as said or, if you need disk versions, I may create working cracks of these games as I coded a generic EA decrypter a while ago.
Old 20 August 2014, 13:35   #4
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Back in the day, I remember trying to copy my original ArcticFox. I never succeeded.
Old 20 August 2014, 13:42   #5
s2325
Zone Friend

Working Archon was on some pirate compilation, need Kickstart 1.2 if I remember correctly.
Old 20 August 2014, 22:44   #6
dudeslife

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Either use the WHDLoad versions as said or, if you need disk versions, I may create working cracks of these games as I coded a generic EA decrypter a while ago.
I don't even know how to get whdload versions to work within Mist which requires .adf files..

Old 20 August 2014, 22:51   #7
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

I have decrypted Arcticfox and also patched the overlay handler to work with dos.library instead of disk access so a fully working disk based crack (real DOS files and system-friendly!) should be available soon. At the moment it crashes after all data files have been loaded, working on it.
Old 21 August 2014, 01:15   #8
dudeslife

Quote:
I have decrypted Arcticfox and also patched the overlay handler to work with dos.library instead of disk access so a fully working disk based crack (real DOS files and system-friendly!) should be available soon. At the moment it crashes after all data files have been loaded, working on it.
awesome. for some reason that is the game I want to play most (maybe because it was the first game I ever saw running on the amiga).. I found the compilation disk with Archon, One-on-One, and Archon II in the TOSEC collection. All 3 run fine on MIST with a 1.2 Kickstart.

Thanks again for your work.

Old 21 August 2014, 09:08   #9
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeslife View Post
awesome. for some reason that is the game I want to play most (maybe because it was the first game I ever saw running on the amiga).. I found the compilation disk with Archon, One-on-One, and Archon II in the TOSEC collection. All 3 run fine on MIST with a 1.2 Kickstart.

Thanks again for your work.
My pleasure, it's fun to do. The crash is caused by a special case which my decrypter doesn't handle correctly yet, once that's fixed the game should work.

As for Archon II, I created a fully working file version back in 2012, it works with all Kickstarts and all protection layers have been completely removed too. I might do the same for Archon I too.
Old 22 August 2014, 12:49   #10
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

The game is running now, there actually were two crashes, one caused by the unhandled special case in the decrypter and the other one because I had to patch another trackloading routine. This is now fixed and the game works, fully system-friendly and using real files. There's some flickering on very fast machines, I'll see about fixing that too. Disk version should be available in a few days.
Old 23 August 2014, 06:01   #11
dudeslife

Quote:
The game is running now, there actually were two crashes, one caused by the unhandled special case in the decrypter and the other one because I had to patch another trackloading routine. This is now fixed and the game works, fully system-friendly and using real files. There's some flickering on very fast machines, I'll see about fixing that too. Disk version should be available in a few days.
I tried to enter the Zone but I don't have access. How do I get access?

Old 23 August 2014, 06:53   #12
s2325
Zone Friend

http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=vb_...ezone_faq_item
Old 25 August 2014, 01:12   #13
dudeslife

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
ack. sorry.

Old 05 September 2014, 19:48   #14
dudeslife

Quote:
How is the progress on Arctic Fox?

Old 20 August 2016, 22:01   #15
Vollldo

Found this thread by random, is there working cracks for Archon 1 and Arctic fox on KS 1.3 or not yet ?

Last edited by Vollldo; 20 August 2016 at 22:09.

Old 27 December 2016, 10:33   #16
nd2003grad

Asking same question as above, really wondering if anything ever came of this or can come of this...
Old 25 January 2017, 22:58   #17
Vollldo

Apparently the crack is in sleep^^.