English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 31 December 2012, 15:46   #1821
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Look no more, thats what this thing does... You, like the rest of us, need to wait for the software tho.
Ahh..So it's just software we're waiting for? Cool I haven't been following this thread for awhile...I was going to buy a MKII until I found out it didn't support 50hz. This is fantastic news Having a stable/smooth picture on a modern TV Thank the makers
Old 31 December 2012, 16:43   #1822
Mr B

Not so sure about the frequency, there was a lot of talk about it earlier, but it all went over my head. Lack of interest. Either it works or it doesn't. Anyway, i think it was all boiling down to something with speeds and timings inside the Amiga that might not make it 100% perfect smooth scrolling at 50Hz, but with modern TV's capable of higher frequency you'd probably not notice. Or something like that. Sadly, it all requires the software, and as of right now i've got my Indivision mounted, and running, only to get no image on the telly, for what feels like close to a year. And so we keep on waiting.
Old 31 December 2012, 17:07   #1823
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
I'm wondering what the likelihood of seeing a device that enables you to hook an Amiga to a modern LCD TV via HDMI. Most LCDs in europe support 50Hz through HDMI and most Amiga software is designed to run at 50hz...Smooth scrolling + Non mangled picture could = Epic!
A lot of computer monitors do now, as well. We've got a Xbox 360 connected via HDMI to a monitor and it works fine with PAL games, it takes VGA input as well, I've a mind to try an Amiga on it with a RGB to VGA cable.
Old 03 January 2013, 12:04   #1824
walkero

Last weekend I installed the indi mkII on my A1200. It worked like a charm on my 22" LG monitor. I managed to use 800x600 and 1280x728 resolutions on my system, which has also a Blizzard 1230IV installed. It worked really nice and all the games worked fine on the monitor. Me and my kids have really fun with it, without having to use the old 1084 monitor. I don't know if the new core will help on the matters with the limited chip ram, which was getting too low even when I opened a few windows.

I wonder, is it so necessary to use your AGA computer on HD resolutions? Why are you so impatient with it? what exactly do you indent to do with your old AGA machine?

I am really glad that I bought this fine card for my system. If a new core will make it even better, when it is realeased, that would be more than welcome.

Jens, keep up the good work bringing us great hardware. You won't get my card back, unless I burn it.
Old 03 January 2013, 12:27   #1825
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
It worked like a charm on my 22" LG monitor. I managed to use 800x600 and 1280x728 resolutions on my system, which has also a Blizzard 1230IV installed. It worked really nice and all the games worked fine on the monitor.
Gratz. We need more success stories.

Quote:
I don't know if the new core will help on the matters with the limited chip ram, which was getting too low even when I opened a few windows.
I dunno, i can open loads of windows before the miggy runs low on memory, using ClassicWB. but i wont be using that as a performance yardstick, i just want a good solid image on the telly.

Quote:
I wonder, is it so necessary to use your AGA computer on HD resolutions? Why are you so impatient with it? what exactly do you indent to do with your old AGA machine?
I'm not sure if there is a misconception here. Most users would be more then happy with pretty much "any" solid image on their TV/monitors. The thing is, a lot of us, currently get nothing, when hooking the stuff together. I get a single frame every 2-5 seconds on my LX. (42LX650n)
The hope is that the software will fix this, making sure it works, and lets me use WHDLoad to play my retro games on the miggy, the way it's supposed to be played, on my much to new TV.

I couldn't care less about scanlines, or simulating the shape of the tube, but there is a lot of eye-candy that simply is a part of the (working) package, mainly as it's a small extra effort, and has it's use for some owners.
Old 03 January 2013, 21:26   #1826
Turran

In that case, I have another success story. Plug and play really. Must have a friendly LCD =) Using a DVI->HDMI adapter, running 1024x768 with the HIGHGFX monitor driver.

I get some pixel flicker on screen sometimes, but its only in workbench and not really enough to worry about IMO.

Works fine with games too, just centered way to the right.

Old 05 January 2013, 03:03   #1827
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
... Never buy a product for what it may become in the future, but for what it is right now.
Jens
Hi: How is it, right now? I would like to have some news
Old 05 January 2013, 12:45   #1828
lolof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Hi: How is it, right now? I would like to have some news
You have to wait, he's probably still in vacation. He really needed to rest, had so much hard work on indy2 software last year...
Old 05 January 2013, 15:36   #1829
paul1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabazam View Post
Why not just put in it a core similar to the MK1? I can easely live with it.
Would that be possible anyone? I bought my MkII for Christmas but haven't had time to try it yet.

Old 07 January 2013, 00:21   #1830
NovaCoder

I managed to use the overscan prefs to center my PAL screens (not sure why I never tried this before), this has made it a bit better for me. My PAL screens were way off to the right before.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 07 January 2013, 01:10   #1831
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
I managed to use the overscan prefs to center my PAL screens (not sure why I never tried this before), this has made it a bit better for me. My PAL screens were way off to the right before.

[ Show youtube player ]

Yes... What version? 030?
I still think you should have 2 miggys to try/use, and you already (?) have a 030/56.
Old 07 January 2013, 09:20   #1832
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Since I currently don't have the time to work on Indivision AGA MK2 and I got accusations like "he's only ripping people off!", I have decided to stop selling Indivision AGA MK2 until the core and flash/configtool are out of beta. Resellers got the information that they should not advertise the unit any more.

Jens
Old 07 January 2013, 09:33   #1833
chocolate_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post

[ Show youtube player ]
Hmmn would overscan prefs affect whdload games? That was the issue I had, just everything way too justified right
Old 07 January 2013, 09:34   #1834
chocolate_boy

Quote:
Since I currently don't have the time to work on Indivision AGA MK2 and I got accusations like "he's only ripping people off!", I have decided to stop selling Indivision AGA MK2 until the core and flash/configtool are out of beta. Resellers got the information that they should not advertise the unit any more.

Jens
I don't think many of us think you are ripping us off Jens, just this huge delay is something a lot more than we anticipated. I commend you on your efforts, after all who else is still making Amiga hardware?

But I think you should keep more in communication with us and update us on progress, the long silences is what makes people annoyed and worried they have bought something that they cannot use.

"Since I currently don't have the time to work on Indivision AGA MK2 " Does that mean there is no progress on the tool at all then? Honest answers would be appreciated by us, either way
Old 07 January 2013, 11:01   #1835
roy bates

Quote:

Jens

i had a conversation with a freind lately and it went something like this:

freind: you know i bought an indi and i cant use it because theres no config tool.

me: well ive tried yours in my machine,and it works fine on the vga port.

freind: do you think jens shouldnt of released the indi until the config tool was ready.

me: well,yes,but the indi must of worked on the testbed machine at jen's

freind: you know a few peaple have said that theres dont work either.

me: yeah i know,the thing is you will always find comments from peaple that cant get hardware to work,its a shame that all the other peaple that got one didnt say how well it worked.

freind: i'll wait for the config tool,but i dont know how much longer i can though as its just sitting on a shelf doing nothing.

me: peaple make mistakes,unfortunatly theres no going back after its made.im sure jens will sort it out eventually.

jens,im sure a few peaple have had conversations along these lines.

dont take the harse comments too litterally,its just human nature.
Old 07 January 2013, 12:28   #1836
spajdr
Old fart

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
Quote:

Jens
And what you working on now... if we can know?
Old 07 January 2013, 12:54   #1837
demolition
Unregistered User

From his posts it sounds like he's working on the ACA500.
Old 07 January 2013, 14:12   #1838
Yarc

Quote:

Jens
This is the best way considering that so many people are unable to use the unit. My one works but only for hires modes, I cannot use it for any games, the screen just goes black. This is very frustrating.

It's a little disheartening to hear that no more progress has been made, and no time is available to work on it.

It seems safest to assume that no feedback means no progress. That way, if any progress is made and reported we can be pleasantly surprised.
Old 07 January 2013, 14:16   #1839
d3v147

Mine worked out of the box on every VGA/DVI monitor i tried. Only problem I had was non-centred screen and banding but these were easily corrected by changing the clock and phase settings. Never really noticed any problems with scrolling in games or even overheating. Having a 1024x768 workbench is also heaven after crappy composite. Maybe I'm just not picky enough.

Old 08 January 2013, 04:31   #1840
vagrant

Quote:

Jens
Ohh.. sounds like we wont be seeing the config tool for quite some time yet
Of course most of us have the utmost respect for you Jens.
Any suggestion that your only in this to "rip people off" is ridiculous... childish even.
I'm sure there is only a minority that genuinely think this way..