English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 20 July 2002, 15:54   #1
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Fade to Black - PC

Right chaps.... I played this game a long time ago and then broke the CD I had of the game and didn't every play it again.

Recently it cropped up in a thread, and I seem to be very much in a minority here...... I liked the game, and the fact it had lots of 'confusing' keyboard controls didn't affect me as I used to play BBC B Micro games, so I was brought up on keyboards!

So, I have downloaded it, and I have now gotten further than I ever did when I first owned it.

I am currently stuck in THE PYRAMID level.... and I dont see why I should be!

The point I am stuck in is where you are supposed to put the crystals you collect onto their respective places, when you have done it, the Pyramid is supposed to appear and you can then exit out the door...... problem is, it just doesn't do it!!!

I thought maybe I had done something wrong, so I found a complete solution to it, and followed the solution to the letter (pretty much the same course I took) and whaddya know? Same shit... still stuck in the same place. I have followed the GEM CODE which tells you where to put the gems, and I have finally had enough!

Is the Hybrid version from The Underdogs a bad CD crack or something? I simply cannot get any further and its doing my head in.... I dont play games often.... this game just reinforces the view that I really shouldn't bother!

Anyone know what to do?
Old 20 July 2002, 18:57   #2
RetroMan

Maybe this helps ----> http://www.thecomputershow.com/compu...oblackwalk.htm
Old 20 July 2002, 23:56   #3
Drake1009

One of the reasons I wasn't too fond of F2b (though it was fairly good), was the bugs in the game which would sometimes prevent you from completeing a part of the game. Well either it's bugs or it's just me not knowing what to do. I completed the first 3 levels. Then formatted. After I restarted I never managed to complete level 1, every time I had gotten the transmitter I had to go through that room next to the hall. Problem now was that no matter what I did, a new morph would always appear to take the place of the morph I killed. It was impossible for me to go to the door in the other part of the room without getting shot or absorbed.

That about sums up the last 4 times I've installed played F2B. Only got further a couple of times (apparently at random), and always died in the next room, and thus had to go back.
Old 21 July 2002, 17:12   #4
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I know where you were stuck!

The room where the Morphs keep appearing. There is a lift in that room, go in the lift, and kill all morphs *and* you must destroy all the cannisters up there. This stops the Morphs below from appearing again

That walkthrough solution is the one I already checked, and still it doesn't help
Old 21 July 2002, 17:43   #5
Drake1009

Thanks Galahad. *Adds game to the To-play list, current size = 50*
Old 21 July 2002, 20:24   #6
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Thanks to Amigaboy (his brother!)

I can now get past the problem in Fade to Black...... he simply gave me a savegame that was past that point.... problem is, it never did solve why I couldn't get past it myself...
Old 22 July 2002, 18:35   #7
Burge
Get ready, Agent

Fade to Black was awesome. Never did get to play it's prequel, Another World, tho.
Old 23 July 2002, 16:15   #8
Drake1009

It's prequel was called Flashback : Quest for identity though.
Old 25 July 2002, 14:15   #9
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

Acctually it was:

Flashback > Another World > Fade To Black

But at the time they denied that they were sequals for some reason!

Always thought the flight sim type bit on F2B was crap, but i still loved the game
Old 25 July 2002, 14:19   #10
Amigaboy

ugh

I can't stay silent

Another World -> Another World 2 : Heart Of The Alien (only on Sega CD)

Flashback : Quest for identity -> Fade To Black (PC, Playstation, possibly others)

There are no other games. Another World and Flashback are not tied together in any way

Case Closed

Old 25 July 2002, 14:23   #11
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

Fairy nuff, I thought that was right but i have not owned any of these games for a long long time.
Old 25 July 2002, 15:49   #12
Burge
Get ready, Agent

No wait! Flashback was the game I played and loved on Megadrive! Not Fade To Black! Whoops. Thanks for clearing that up guys. Fade To Black ws fairly average if my memory serves correctly this time.
Old 25 July 2002, 18:15   #13
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

All done - And the game is bugged!

Well, I finally completed Fade to Black... and realised that its bugged to hell.

The Pyramid level where I couldn't get off is a bug.

When I finished the game and got into the ship with the woman, it returned me to the start of the game (because its a CD rip, there is no end game sequence). Just out of curiosity, I did the end part again, but this time there was this crap flight bit you had to do.

Its similar to the other part in the game where you fly around. Frankly, these two sections I absolutely hated, I didn't like playing them. Fade to Black should just have been the 3D perspective person stuff, none of this pseudo 'flight' crap!

Other than that, I enjoyed the game. Possibly a little too easy though.