English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10 January 2011, 17:27   #41
daxb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,378
If you have your own key why should you purchase other keys? Of course you had in mind to sell them (else it must be a stupid decision). Especially in case of WHDLoad it is wrong/immoral. There are better ways of making money. If you need to take others money take it from insurance company, bank or really rich people.
daxb is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 17:37   #42
Jimbo
Registered User
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Colchester Essex
Age: 40
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
If you have your own key why should you purchase other keys? Of course you had in mind to sell them (else it must be a stupid decision). Especially in case of WHDLoad it is wrong/immoral. There are better ways of making money. If you need to take others money take it from insurance company, bank or really rich people.
Point taken

Anyway I don't want to reply here anymore. Double standards is correct. This is not piracy but I now have a lot of genuine keys now but hey I dont care about that now. Yes of course I bought them to sell on.

So to the people who "Think" I am wrong to resell genuine keys I apologise however I do not think I am. (whdload team have already been paid in full for all 20)

Its just a shame a few people went way over the top about this reporting me left right and centre instead of a few messages first. I had thought most of the guys here were 30+ and had a bit of maturity and tact behind them.

Anway cheers
Jimbo is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 17:42   #43
Allen1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Blyth England
Age: 63
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
Everyone seems to have double standards when it comes to piracy

On the WHDload side of things, I don't think piracy is involved in Jimbo's keys, it just doesn't basically look right, although from what has been mentioned they are perfectly legal keys that he has purchased from friends who no longer use them etc and are simply in the transfer of ownership related area.

Personally I would rather see things like those keys being used rather than being wasted, maybe not a popular choice but it is an honest one.

On the piracy side of things, anyone with a computer, mp3 player or DVD player etc is more than likely to own a copy of one thing or another that is not the genuine article, I think if all those folk who know that suddenly said out loud "OOH Aaaaargh Jimmm Laaadddd" at the same time, the sound would be deafening Please don't try it though as this bloody parrot on my shoulder keeps crapping when it hears loud noises
Allen1 is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 18:01   #44
Smiley
Amiga-less!
Smiley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 1,350
Still pretty weird how he managed to blag 20 keys
Smiley is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 18:06   #45
Jimbo
Registered User
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Colchester Essex
Age: 40
Posts: 822
Its also weird how people manage to find all this NOS. Also these 20 keys are not just me, me and a few others went around friends/online friends who have sold all there amiga stuff to get al the stuff they no longer use.

But I dont really have to explain myself to you at all (dont mean to sound rude). I just don't like people making out I am doing something wrong with the keys.

Cheers
Jimbo is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 18:24   #46
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits
cosmicfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: leek, Staffs, UK
Age: 52
Posts: 3,555
Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
can someone show me where it says whdload keys can`t be transferd plz, yes I admit it makes a mockery of personal key but hey

also shame on you Jimbo for creating 2 accounts on EAB, really no need for that
cosmicfrog is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 18:38   #47
Jimbo
Registered User
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Colchester Essex
Age: 40
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post
can someone show me where it says whdload keys can`t be transferd plz, yes I admit it makes a mockery of personal key but hey

also shame on you Jimbo for creating 2 accounts on EAB, really no need for that
Ageed, I am sorry for that. But just to say why, I thought it would be a quick and easy fix. I like to stay private about my affairs but I was wrong to make two accounts, I will have to take the punishment for that as the mods see fit.

Cheers

EDIT: I also see nothing written down about a transfer of a genuine key, just word of mouth so far. Also anything written down now will not affect older keys that were sold, only newer ones. The report on ebay about piracy is a wrong statement whoever did it.

Last edited by Jimbo; 10 January 2011 at 18:44.
Jimbo is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 18:49   #48
Steven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bonnybridge
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
Imagine if I started selling Windows XP keys for half price, Bill would have me strung up.
If you owned the for the license then you would have every right to sell it if you were no longer using it...

I will likely get flamed for this but I don't see what he was doing wrong. The hard drives are handy for anybody who can't set it up for themselves but want to play all their old Amiga games.

How many people on here own all the whdload games that they have installed on their hard drives/CF cards? My workbench disks are backups as I lost my originals years ago and I'm not going to pay silly Ebay prices for the original disks...

As for the Amiga roms that are on the hard drive for WHDLOAD they should be freely available anyway!!!

As it's been said all the games are available to download so all he's doing is simply providing a service for people who are either too lazy or incapable of doing it themselves, it's not like he's commiting murder!!!

Sure he makes a couple of extra quid but who is he really ripping off? Who is the injured party here?`
Steven is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 18:50   #49
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 41
Posts: 24,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Sure he makes a couple of extra quid but who is he really ripping off? Who is the injured party here?`
Wepl. Anyone ever wondered why you get a personalized key and not just 'one' key? Anyway, I guess it's time to wait for Wepl to comment on this.
TCD is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 18:51   #50
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 46
Posts: 7,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
If you owned the for the license then you would have every right to sell it if you were no longer using it...

I will likely get flamed for this but I don't see what he was doing wrong. The hard drives are handy for anybody who can't set it up for themselves but want to play all their old Amiga games.

How many people on here own all the whdload games that they have installed on their hard drives/CF cards? My workbench disks are backups as I lost my originals years ago and I'm not going to pay silly Ebay prices for the original disks...

As for the Amiga roms that are on the hard drive for WHDLOAD they should be freely available anyway!!!

As it's been said all the games are available to download so all he's doing is simply providing a service for people who are either too lazy or incapable of doing it themselves, it's not like he's commiting murder!!!

Sure he makes a couple of extra quid but who is he really ripping off? Who is the injured party here?`
No-one gives a shit about the games, its the reselling of keys.

They are called 'personalized keys' for a reason, if you cannot get to grips with that concept, i'll wait ten years until you leave school and then we'll have the conversation again if you like!
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 19:02   #51
Jimbo
Registered User
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Colchester Essex
Age: 40
Posts: 822
Sorry I find this all very funny coming from a guy who ripped off every single game company he could..... Probs even helped sink the Amiga. Mr High and Mighty

When in fact no matter what you say, those genuine keys are not piracy in any way shape or form. Unless you can show us the terms on whdload. Cracked/hacked fine, but these are not and never will be hacked/cracked. Its like selling personalized dog tags.............. Whoopps I cant resell that dog tag, its personalized.
Jimbo is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 19:08   #52
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 46
Posts: 7,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Sorry I find this all very funny coming from a guy who ripped off every single game company he could..... Probs even helped sink the Amiga. Mr High and Mighty

When in fact no matter what you say, those genuine keys are not piracy in any way shape or form. Unless you can show us the terms on whdload. Cracked/hacked fine, but these are not and never will be hacked/cracked. Its like selling personalized dog tags.............. Whoopps I cant resell that dog tag, its personalized.
Selling a personalised dog tag? Are you for real. So if you have a personalised dog tag, does that then give you all access features to your dog?????????? Without the personalised dog tag, is your enjoyment of said dog restricted??????

What a moronic example to make!

Glad you find it funny that someone pulls you up on selling WHDLoad keys, irrespective of my history with Fairlight et al.

As for that lovely quip "Probs even helped sink the Amiga. Mr High and Mighty".... I forced no-one to accept the games I cracked, the onus is ALWAYS on the end user whether or not they accept it or they buy software. Your lack of moral scruples or the ability to say 'no' is neither my problem or my concern, you weak willed fool!

So as for me being "high and mighty", yeah actually, I can claim the moral high ground, as even though I was in Fairlight, I bought a hell of a lot of games first time around, more so than the average user probably did so my conscience is UTTERLY clear.

I catch you selling WHDLoad keys on Ebay again, I'll fucking have your Ebay account, hows that for high and mighty now?

Twat!
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 19:12   #53
Jimbo
Registered User
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Colchester Essex
Age: 40
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Selling a personalised dog tag? Are you for real. So if you have a personalised dog tag, does that then give you all access features to your dog?????????? Without the personalised dog tag, is your enjoyment of said dog restricted??????

What a moronic example to make!

Glad you find it funny that someone pulls you up on selling WHDLoad keys, irrespective of my history with Fairlight et al.

As for that lovely quip "Probs even helped sink the Amiga. Mr High and Mighty".... I forced no-one to accept the games I cracked, the onus is ALWAYS on the end user whether or not they accept it or they buy software. Your lack of moral scruples or the ability to say 'no' is neither my problem or my concern, you weak willed fool!

So as for me being "high and mighty", yeah actually, I can claim the moral high ground, as even though I was in Fairlight, I bought a hell of a lot of games first time around, more so than the average user probably did so my conscience is UTTERLY clear.

I catch you selling WHDLoad keys on Ebay again, I'll fucking have your Ebay account, hows that for high and mighty now?

Twat!
OOoooooOOoooOOooOOoooOO someone throwing the dummy out the pram.

And using the word twat, wow I am impressed.

u iz ard
Jimbo is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 19:15   #54
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 46
Posts: 7,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
OOoooooOOoooOOooOOoooOO someone throwing the dummy out the pram.

And using the word twat, wow I am impressed.

u iz ard
Just make sure you take note of all the big pretty words i've used, and we'll get along absolutely fine.

And for the record, yes I am hard, absolute certifiable fact...

And if the worst you're going to get called today is 'twat', in your case, i'd count that as a good result.
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 19:26   #55
Allen1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Blyth England
Age: 63
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
If you owned the for the license then you would have every right to sell it if you were no longer using it...

I will likely get flamed for this but I don't see what he was doing wrong. The hard drives are handy for anybody who can't set it up for themselves but want to play all their old Amiga games.

How many people on here own all the whdload games that they have installed on their hard drives/CF cards? My workbench disks are backups as I lost my originals years ago and I'm not going to pay silly Ebay prices for the original disks...

As for the Amiga roms that are on the hard drive for WHDLOAD they should be freely available anyway!!!

As it's been said all the games are available to download so all he's doing is simply providing a service for people who are either too lazy or incapable of doing it themselves, it's not like he's commiting murder!!!

Sure he makes a couple of extra quid but who is he really ripping off? Who is the injured party here?`
That is a very realistic reply M8

As others keep mentioning what are personal keys for, I would suggest that the personal information about the actual purchaser that is in the key, would be used to find the owner of the pirated key when someone says Hey have you seen this key I found on the internet and it is blacklisted.
Allen1 is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 19:29   #56
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 46
Posts: 7,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen1 View Post
That is a very realistic reply M8

As others keep mentioning what are personal keys for, I would suggest that the personal information about the actual purchaser that is in the key, would be used to find the owner of the pirated key when someone says Hey have you seen this key I found on the internet and it is blacklisted.
Exactly.

Otherwise whats the point in a personalised key if everyone can just say "I don't use it anymore, so i've passed it onto someone else", that utterly defeats the point of it being personalised and means it would be very difficult for Bert to black list keys.

There may be a time in the future where Bert removes the keyfile part of WHDLoad and releases it for free, but that is entirely Berts decision as to when that happens.
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 19:30   #57
spock-79
Registered User
spock-79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bremen
Posts: 66
I think selling WHDLoad keys is pretty silly ... The WHDLoad team has created a fantastic Software, and everyone who wants a registered copy of this damn good Software has to buy the key from the WHDLoad team!

If this happens often, maybe they decide to cancel the work on WHDLoad... Ever thought about that?

Selling copys of the OS or the ROMs in form of Harddisks is stupid also.. As long shops like Amigakit or Vesalia can make money with products like Amiga Forever (wich includes all ROMs and Workbench Versions, excluding OS3,5 and 3,9...) it is the wrong way to make money, and doesn´t help this community in any way

Also i think it is a difference between owning a copy of some software, and selling it on ebay...
spock-79 is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 19:32   #58
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e
musashi5150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Norfolk, UK
Age: 38
Posts: 2,301
I think we could all argue different points about this all day long

But when I saw the auction I just didn't want Wepl to lose any registrations for WHDLoad as I think it's great software and he's a really nice guy. For example if any of my (few) installs are on those HDs I was willing to overlook my work being sold for money and I wasn't fussed about Kickstart ROMs either. Neither of these things hurts anyone (except Cloanto maybe ).

I just wanted even those few real registrations that might have been sold on eBay to go to Wepl who deserves the support.
musashi5150 is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 19:40   #59
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 46
Posts: 7,314
Well I hold no animosity toward Jimbo, he's removed the keys, so from my perspective, whats done is done.

Not interested in a witchhunt or some kind of silly flame war.

So, hugs all round..... but manly of course eh?
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 10 January 2011, 19:47   #60
Jimbo
Registered User
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Colchester Essex
Age: 40
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Well I hold no animosity toward Jimbo, he's removed the keys, so from my perspective, whats done is done.

Not interested in a witchhunt or some kind of silly flame war.

So, hugs all round..... but manly of course eh?
Hi

Yeah this got a bit out of hand really, I have removed the keys. I won't sell them again (even though I think I am right with these)

I am also sorry to Galahad for the "high and mighty" and his past.

The only thing that got me cross was the fact everyone reported everything I had for sale (not just the keys) Without sending me a message on ebay or anything. I now risk losing that one account over something that could have been dealt with in a better fashion. Lesson learnt all around I hope.

But whats done is done.

Moving on

Jimbo is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Registered WHDLoad for sale on eBay again :( musashi5150 MarketPlace 31 09 November 2012 03:30
WHDLoad sold on eBay! AGAIN! Psygore MarketPlace 21 04 November 2008 17:53
WHDLoad sold on eBay! lopos2000 MarketPlace 26 14 September 2005 17:01
WHDLoad compilation CDs on eBay girv project.WHDLoad 52 19 March 2005 18:27

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09332 seconds with 15 queries