English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 April 2024, 05:15   #1
AC/DC HACKER!

Beta 5.3.0 OS 4 and OS 3

Hello, those interested. I welcome feedback.

WinUAE 5.3.0 beta series
Beta 1:

- CyberVision PPC/BlizzardVision PPC RTG board (Permedia 2 chip) partial emulation. G-REX needs to be enabled, C/BVPPC is basically Permedia 2 PCI card in CyberStorm MK3/PPC/Blizzard PPC internal PCI bus but I didn't want to to emulate "fake" G-REX with only single virtual slot. Yes. I wrote yet another SVGA chip emulator.

Got it.. BUT I don't understand why G-REX needs to be enabled since my actual A4000 Picasso 4 and CVisionPPC
doesn't have a G-REX. OS 3 and OS 4 see both just fine as standard. But, okay, if it requires emulation to work...

"- If PCI device was non-UAE built-in (It was PCem SVGA card) and PCI was configured by single write to PCI BAR (Base Address Register), without first doing PCI bar size/alignment detection, device ignored all BAR writes. Fixes pre-44.71 CSMK3/PPC/BPPC boot ROM CyberVision/BlizzardVision PPC PCI configuration (Pre-44.71 support CV/BV PPC but not G-REX PCI). This was not a problem with PCI bridgeboards because bridgeboard drivers always first autodetect each PCI device's BAR size and required alignment."

Beta 3: (Probably 2-4 weeks to go)

- Small PCI emulation changes (For example G-REX + Permedia 2 + some other PCI card: same card appeared 8 times)
- Added Apollo 630 emulation and boot ROM 5.61. Nothing special, ROM is only used to detect the RAM: "32Bit Power-Burstmode-FastRAM", apparently cool sounding name can make RAM even faster! (oddly ROM contains at least parts of IDE and SCSI drivers from other Apollo accelerators).

I encountered that in some test.. "same card appeared 8 times".

Beta 4:

- Only "insert" CV/BVPPC in to CSMK3/CSPPC internal PCI slot. Insert any other PCI card in to G-REX PCI slots. OS4 does not detect boards in first "internal" PCI slot. (b3)

For a little bit I wondered what do you mean from the first sentence. Probably RTG Board...select that and all is good. Nope. CSPPC doesn't see it. Enable G-Rex does it. AH, HA!! That's what he meant...

From there after changing ROM to Indirect, on boot, OS4 CD Will detect it for a moment and then revert to native.

OS 3.1 will notice it with G-Rex enabled and I may install P96 and it will detect it, but..has display problems.
Old 21 April 2024, 15:19   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
OS 3.1 will notice it with G-Rex enabled and I may install P96 and it will detect it, but..has display problems.
Works for me. No graphics problems.

EDIT: so the usual testing: same in all color depths? Where does glitches appear? Screenshot. Picasso96 version. And so on. And make sure no 3rd party patches are installed.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 21 April 2024 at 15:42.