English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Amiga Magazine Rack > AMR suggestions and feedback

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 19 March 2007, 14:08   #41
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Codetapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Auckland / New Zealand
Posts: 3,135
Thanks Aral, that'd be great!
Codetapper is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 19 March 2007, 14:39   #42
k2uphill
 
Posts: n/a
well i made the same comment about coverdisk in at alt thread : http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=306129&postcount=12

WoW once agian.. i like the option you have made to browse the cover disk just tested by downloading image 4 on CU Amiga (January 1997 ) worked nicely.

thanks For AMR Project ;-)

--- update: 19Mar07 ---

I have the Following in my Disk Box. i up loaded these disk some time back last year disk Image's and Scan.

Cinema4d (2 Disk)
http://amr.abime.net/issue_668_pages

Quarterback & Quarterback Tool (1 Disk)
http://amr.abime.net/issue_653_pages

Last edited by k2uphill; 19 March 2007 at 16:39.
 
Old 19 March 2007, 16:51   #43
MethodGit
Junior Member
MethodGit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: The Streets
Age: 33
Posts: 2,723
I've noticed that there are some other coverdisks which have scans but aren't available for download. Is it due to having trouble obtaining a 100%/virus-free dump, or something else?
MethodGit is offline  
Old 19 March 2007, 22:22   #44
Galaxy
Registered User
Galaxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 40
Posts: 1,418
Could be that, or perhaps we haven't had time to upload the image yet or the other reason is that it might be protected (or dual/tri-format)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2uphill
I have the Following in my Disk Box. i up loaded these disk some time back last year disk Image's and Scan.

Cinema4d (2 Disk)
http://amr.abime.net/issue_668_pages

Quarterback & Quarterback Tool (1 Disk)
http://amr.abime.net/issue_653_pages
I wasn't aware that these had been uploaded - do you mind uploading them again?
Galaxy is offline  
Old 20 March 2007, 04:09   #45
MethodGit
Junior Member
MethodGit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: The Streets
Age: 33
Posts: 2,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Could be that, or perhaps we haven't had time to upload the image yet or the other reason is that it might be protected (or dual/tri-format)
Well regarding the multi-format disks..... have they tried testing out the FDI format? I think that was intended for such disks, although the process in creating such images may be a tad tricky.

And regarding protected, I did notice a few things:

1) Apparently copy-protection was applied to the Sensible disk on AP13. I always wondered why the Wizkid demo on Aminet had such an unbelievably small-sized executable that didn't work anyway, and why only a bad dump of the disk existed in the TOSEC DAT! Still, a 100% dump of this would be tremendous.
2) AF Jan 91 and Jan 92 disks (basically the disk containing a Lemmings demo) are extended ADFs. I didn't know extra measures were built into these disks - I guess that explains why the Lemmings demo on Nth Dimension's AF18a never worked, and also why an image of AF30b never existed for a long time!
3) For the Kid Gloves title on AP2, an SPS image of the original commercial game was included in the download. AP's disk was byte-for-byte the same I guess!
MethodGit is offline  
Old 20 March 2007, 09:59   #46
Galaxy
Registered User
Galaxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 40
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit
Well regarding the multi-format disks..... have they tried testing out the FDI format? I think that was intended for such disks, although the process in creating such images may be a tad tricky.

And regarding protected, I did notice a few things:

1) Apparently copy-protection was applied to the Sensible disk on AP13. I always wondered why the Wizkid demo on Aminet had such an unbelievably small-sized executable that didn't work anyway, and why only a bad dump of the disk existed in the TOSEC DAT! Still, a 100% dump of this would be tremendous.
2) AF Jan 91 and Jan 92 disks (basically the disk containing a Lemmings demo) are extended ADFs. I didn't know extra measures were built into these disks - I guess that explains why the Lemmings demo on Nth Dimension's AF18a never worked, and also why an image of AF30b never existed for a long time!
3) For the Kid Gloves title on AP2, an SPS image of the original commercial game was included in the download. AP's disk was byte-for-byte the same I guess!

There are quite a lot of copy protected coverdisks (see: Fiath's copy protected coverdisk thread for more detail)

Multi formats should hopefully be dealt with by the SPS team - I submitted quite a few multi formats a while back, esp when they were wanting experience with them as there are some mulit format game re-releases (eg. E-Motion)

When I dumped my disks, if the disk was protected I attempted an extended adf dump (they are named _e.adf so are easy to identify) mainly so I could grab coverdisk screenshots. However, this only works sometimes - often the images are broken, or rawread just resets my A1200. It would be good to get SPS dumps of the disks eventually.

Kid Gloves is certainly the same as the retail release (or so I was told by IFW as this is the image I was sent when I submitted the disk to SPS - same def goes for Ilyad, and maybe some others too)
Galaxy is offline  
Old 21 March 2007, 07:37   #47
redblade
Zone Friend

redblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Middle Earth
Age: 33
Posts: 1,047
Ah awesome guys looking great, especially as it has a list of all the progries on the disk ).

10/10.
redblade is offline  
Old 26 March 2007, 15:29   #48
Aral
TOSEC-PIX Curator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper
Thanks Aral, that'd be great!
Hey Codetapper i haven't forgotten abot you still looking for the disk On Saturday will drag all the coverdisks out and catalog them and scan some lables. So far have found plenty that need to be scanned and a few magazine disks that don't seem to on AMR. Also have found tonight a shitload of those dual format coverdisks. Will scan those also
Aral is offline  
Old 03 June 2010, 22:43   #49
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it
Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kent
Age: 49
Posts: 2,614
Hope this is the right place to post - be great if someone could advise...

I have found a cover disk to this magazine... CLICK HERE

It is missing from the download link so I guess it is missing.

What should I do - upload it to the zone here?
Peter is offline  
Old 03 June 2010, 23:01   #50
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
Please upload it to the HOL FTP (http://hol.abime.net/hol_faq.php?section=contributions) and I'll move it to the AMR incoming folder
TCD is offline  
Old 03 June 2010, 23:26   #51
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it
Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kent
Age: 49
Posts: 2,614
Thanks TCD - all done.

I will try and get a scan of the disk also...
Peter is offline  
Old 03 June 2010, 23:44   #52
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
That would be great Moved the ADF and thanks for the upload
TCD is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Downloadable ADF archive? Kenan support.Games 3 13 May 2013 11:15
Retrotasting downloadable rpgs? tarr Retrogaming General Discussion 6 30 July 2007 00:35
Downloadable Amiga Magazines. matthew request.Other 25 14 February 2007 20:48
New Downloadable Retro Mag- GS-R Retro GhostGS News 2 20 October 2005 00:37
Downloadable IPFs killergorilla project.SPS (was CAPS) 15 27 August 2003 16:59

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.18239 seconds with 14 queries