English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Amiga Magazine Rack > AMR suggestions and feedback

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 13 July 2009, 04:48   #1
MethodGit
Junior Member
MethodGit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: The Streets
Age: 33
Posts: 2,723
More Amiga Power scans found on another site :-)

http://www.old-computer-mags.com/mag...AmigaPower.htm

Available are issues 53, 54, 56, 58, 59 and 60 - most of them I believe AMR doesn't have scans of. And they're in excellent quality too!


Thought I'd let all of you folks know.
MethodGit is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 14 July 2009, 03:24   #2
Marlon
Registered User
Marlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: England, York
Age: 48
Posts: 275
Okay, but how d'you actually DOWNLOAD 'em?
Marlon is offline  
Old 14 July 2009, 16:41   #3
MethodGit
Junior Member
MethodGit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: The Streets
Age: 33
Posts: 2,723
Hmmmm, good point. I thought they were just JPG files being run through a secretive Java picture displayer tool, but having tracked down the source and all, it seems each page is embedded into a CLASS file, which confuses the heck out of me. I don't suppose an offline Java pictures tool thingy is available somewhere, anyone?


Failing that, I or we or somebody might have to ask the Old-Computer-Mags.com folks very nicely if we could use their pages for AMR.
MethodGit is offline  
Old 11 November 2009, 13:51   #4
Marlon
Registered User
Marlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: England, York
Age: 48
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
Hmmmm, good point. I thought they were just JPG files being run through a secretive Java picture displayer tool, but having tracked down the source and all, it seems each page is embedded into a CLASS file, which confuses the heck out of me. I don't suppose an offline Java pictures tool thingy is available somewhere, anyone?


Failing that, I or we or somebody might have to ask the Old-Computer-Mags.com folks very nicely if we could use their pages for AMR.
Bumping an old thread here. So did you get in touch with the site? Did they reply? I've looked into class images and there's nothing you can do to get 'em. I wonder why the site owners decided to do that, eh?

It's a shame there hasn't been an AMR update for months. Although the site seems to be down right now, anyway.
Marlon is offline  
Old 02 January 2010, 17:13   #5
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer
Minuous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canberra/Australia
Posts: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
I've looked into class images and there's nothing you can do to get 'em.
You could grab them with a screengrabber, there are plenty on Aminet.
Minuous is offline  
Old 11 February 2010, 12:13   #6
Paul_s
needs more ice cream

Paul_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Amigaville
Age: 39
Posts: 3,162
I may at some point this year scan all my AP mags which will be fully downloadable with no restrictions. AP 1 - 65 + issue zero!

Also have all disks uploaded too...

Just need to buy a high quality scanner first and some webspace... I won't eBay/sell them for profit like some folk do
Paul_s is offline  
Old 11 February 2010, 15:05   #7
Marlon
Registered User
Marlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: England, York
Age: 48
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
I may at some point this year scan all my AP mags which will be fully downloadable with no restrictions. AP 1 - 65 + issue zero!

Also have all disks uploaded too...

Just need to buy a high quality scanner first and some webspace... I won't eBay/sell them for profit like some folk do
That would be very very VERY awesome.
Marlon is offline  
Old 12 February 2010, 14:47   #8
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: uk
Posts: 175
I had complete Mint collection and i offered to scan any missing issues and nobody replied to post ?
Viceroy is offline  
Old 12 February 2010, 16:47   #9
Marlon
Registered User
Marlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: England, York
Age: 48
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
I had complete Mint collection and i offered to scan any missing issues and nobody replied to post ?
They didn't? Tsk. I must've missed it as I certainly would have replied, begging and pleading.

It's from issue 20 onwards that's really needed, as the first 19 issues on AMR are, apart from the odd page here and there, complete. And AMR hasn't been updated in nearly a year, so...
Marlon is offline  
Old 12 February 2010, 17:08   #10
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: uk
Posts: 175
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=46151

No nobody was interested ? Sold now !
Viceroy is offline  
Old 23 February 2010, 00:08   #11
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

bLAZER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gothenburg / Sweden
Age: 41
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
And AMR hasn't been updated in nearly a year, so...
AMR is updated reguraly, although there are usually only big updates that are posted on the front page.
bLAZER is offline  
Old 23 February 2010, 12:48   #12
Marlon
Registered User
Marlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: England, York
Age: 48
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLAZER View Post
AMR is updated reguraly, although there are usually only big updates that are posted on the front page.
It is? Mmm, wonder if there have been any AP updates?
Marlon is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scans of some Amiga Power reviews MethodGit request.Other 1 15 October 2010 14:32
Amiga Power disk scans Galaxy AMR contributions 0 03 August 2007 05:53
Favourite Amiga web site. Past or present. No site bashing please. Ian Nostalgia & memories 18 30 September 2001 07:43
Amiga Power (site) Peanutuk Amiga websites reviews 12 30 August 2001 19:20
FTP Site I found with 100s of Mods from demos. Paul request.Modules 0 11 August 2001 17:16

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.16450 seconds with 14 queries