English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 10 September 2012, 17:56   #1
Mustangjeff

Where to mount indivision ecs monitor connector

I purchased an indivision ecs for my A500 system, and I was wondering where the best place to mount the monitor connector?

thanks
Old 10 September 2012, 18:44   #2
kipper2k

I am going to mount mine on the back, right hand side. (looking at the back panel, on the left of the joyport 1). It will need a dremel/file but its a great spot for it. (Also need the ECS indi adapter and cable as the cable that comes with the Indi ecs is not long enough. If i have time later this week i'll do one up to show what i am saying.
Old 10 September 2012, 19:43   #3
Mustangjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
I am going to mount mine on the back, right hand side. (looking at the back panel, on the left of the joyport 1). It will need a dremel/file but its a great spot for it. (Also need the ECS indi adapter and cable as the cable that comes with the Indi ecs is not long enough. If i have time later this week i'll do one up to show what i am saying.
Are you simply hacking the VGA connector that comes with the indi ecs to make it long enough? Or are you custom making your own cable from scratch?
Old 10 September 2012, 19:51   #4
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangjeff View Post
Are you simply hacking the VGA connector that comes with the indi ecs to make it long enough? Or are you custom making your own cable from scratch?
bit of both, i have a standalone indi vga adapter that can mount on the bottom of the amiga case, simply drill a couple of screw holes to secure it, and cut out the hole for the connector. I make the 10 pin cables to go from the indi to the header on my adapter. take a look at the indi ecs MKI adapter on the following page

http://www.kipper2k.com/amigaforsale/index.html
Old 11 September 2012, 18:48   #5
Mustangjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
bit of both, i have a standalone indi vga adapter that can mount on the bottom of the amiga case, simply drill a couple of screw holes to secure it, and cut out the hole for the connector. I make the 10 pin cables to go from the indi to the header on my adapter. take a look at the indi ecs MKI adapter on the following page

http://www.kipper2k.com/amigaforsale/index.html
Ahh gotcha. I assume your talking about the ECS Indivision I VGA adapter for the Amiga 600 that is shown on the page? What is the cost of one of those + cable long enough to mount the adapter next to the mouse/joystick ports where the warning sticker is present?
Old 11 September 2012, 21:24   #6
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangjeff View Post
Ahh gotcha. I assume your talking about the ECS Indivision I VGA adapter for the Amiga 600 that is shown on the page? What is the cost of one of those + cable long enough to mount the adapter next to the mouse/joystick ports where the warning sticker is present?
Yup, thats the one, the adapter is $9 and i can make a cable for $4, can do it for you next week as i don't have all my bits and pieces with me.
Old 13 September 2012, 12:00   #7
aotta

I have not understand the advantage in using the vga adapter for the amiga 600: if you remove the rf module, the ECS indy's cable is lenght enough to reach the rear of the a600, and you can place the vga port in place without any need of the adapter...
i missed something??