English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 14 August 2006, 21:25   #1
Gavilan
Amiga user & abuser

Send a message via ICQ to Gavilan Send a message via MSN to Gavilan Send a message via Skype™ to Gavilan
Blizzard PPC problems

Hrllo guys: this little board is making me mad. I cant get it to work.
Here is the thing: i have 4 different hdd, all with Amig Os installed on it. As soon as i put the Blizzard PPC (its a 060/240 scsi board) the Workbench doesnt boot anymore.
All i get is a screen just before wb finishes loading up telling me this:

Cant create directory RAM:T
MakeDir: packet request type unknown
Cant create directory RAM:Clipboards
Cant create directory RAM:ENV

I have tried with at least 4 different simms modules. Some of my hdd have 3.1, some have 3.9
It doesnt matter, since i cant get to load wb properly
If i disconnect the Blizzard board, the hdd boots fine

I have cleaned everything on the board, checked and double checked all connections, and i dont seem to find something strange
I have managed to boot without startup-sequence, and the memory of the board is shown on the wb screen, and sysconfig
shows me that there is a board installed, so i guess the board is ok, right?

Since i cant get to load wb with the card installed (i only reach the screen with the errors i mentioned above), i decided to take out the card, load wb without it, install libraries, put the card back again and give it a try...
Same thing happens: i cant get to load wb with the card installed.
I managed to load wb if i boot without startup sequence, i can see the boardīs memory on my wb screen, and sysconfig shows me the board
I just cant get the board to work with any of my Amigaīs configuration hard disks (i have 4 of them)
I tried to install from scratch, but install 3.1 disk doesnt boot if the card is present
Maybe i have to do a fresh clean install without the card, install the libraries and finally install the card??
Im completely lost in here...Oh, BTW, i have 2 other BPPC cards, both are 040. If i put them, all my hard disks boot perfect, even without the 040 libraries installed...

Anyway, im in a lost path here, so any help will be much appreciatted

Kind Regards
Sebastian
AdSense AdSense  
Old 14 August 2006, 21:39   #2
RetroMan

You have to install phase5 060er libs BEFORE putting in the 060er PPC card

But clean install would also be recommended
AdSense AdSense