English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 08 May 2019, 13:36   #1
sTe

Cleaning ADF Files

I dont know if this is the right place to ask ... or if a new tool / addon / amiga program is the right way to be doing this? I'd value any feedback anyone might have.

Looking at a bunch of ADFs there are sometimes various copies of the same ADF with differn't versions ... depending how the disk was copied, sometimes it retained previous data.

I was wondering if there is a way to have an option, to write track data as it is read in the emulator, to a new ADF file so that only the actual data is mirrored. This would be really useful for those demo disks that arent DOS / have no CRC data. I know it would mean sitting from beginning to end to ensure all data is captured ... any ideas? is this possible?

Regards
Old 08 May 2019, 14:53   #2
demolition
Unregistered User

It should be possible for stuff that is purely linear like many demos that run from start to finish without reacting to user input, but for games and apps it would not work unless you make sure to travel through all possible code paths (very hard to ensure for anything but the most basic stuff).
Old 08 May 2019, 16:31   #3
sTe

Yeah that would be useful ... I understand games might be more difficult where assets are loaded as and when. Demo disks would be really useful. For example I have a demo disk2 ... where if I open it in ADF workshop, I can see it still sees contents from its previous life when it was an Amiga Format cover disk. I imagine this feature might help tidy up some of the duplicates that are listed in TOSEC...