English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 29 December 2006, 22:21   #1
PiCiJi

Walpurgis

I am looking for a solution of the game or someone who can help out. I have finished the first level and stuck in the second. The game is in spanish, so it's hard to find out what to do? A spanish solution is also fine.
Old 30 December 2006, 15:19   #2
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
After lots of key-pressing, I made a bond-breaking discovery:
Pressing F9 in dialogues will cause the screen to flash and turn off speech!

Henceforth, you will get texts on the upper side of the screen!!!

Nice I can give something back after your great discovery of the '0' key ... kept me stuck at the rope scene for ages
Old 30 December 2006, 17:48   #3
PiCiJi

thank you. I will try the game later again. I wonder what the two bars in the right next to the current item means. Both bars decrease if I try to give an item to the barkeeper. What I have found out so far:

you can only take one item at a time. you can use the hammer to destroy the lock on the fence. so you can get a wisp, which seems to be a ingredient for the mysitic. In the bar you can get a cup, which you can fill with water by the blacksmith. You can put the cup next to the fireplace.
I have translated a few things in the grocery: tee bag, cinnamon, lime-blossoms.

I really don't want to translate each single word of the dialogues. Maybe a spanish amiga gamer is willing to help.
Old 30 December 2006, 21:48   #4
andreas
Zone Friend

No need - I finally solved it!
Yes it was tough.

I do have a full walkthrough ready now but wouldn't this be too many spoilers at one time?

I'd rather like to give you some hints:

- Yes, the FIRST time you have to break open the security lock by using the sledgehammer.
- But the SECOND time you will do it with a key (the crypt key).

After breaking in the first time, immediately tell the old woman (Tarod's mother) about some grave-robbers having invaded into her son's tomb. Do not forget to read the note she leaves at the tomb!
CAUTION! Do what she writes on the tomb (get the key etc.), open the lock with the key you now have but do not go back to her immediately! After she leaves her house for the second time, she will lock it - so as a hobby-burglar, you need some "special keys" to get back in first! Note too that if you wait TOO long, she will be in again and there is no way to get the item from the house you urgently need, as she won't let you!

Maybe you have an idea where those special keys could be found. You will also need an item from another location to get those keys, including money; i. e. you have to pay for those keys.

Enough for now.

Last edited by andreas; 30 December 2006 at 22:01.
Old 30 December 2006, 22:18   #5
PiCiJi

thanks for the hints but I can't read her note on the tomb. Do you have translated all text in game? If so, maybe do you have time to write down what each person in game says and so on. So people could solve the riddles. If you don't have time, it is possible to translate the texts without knowledge of spanish grammar?
Old 30 December 2006, 23:21   #6
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
thanks for the hints but I can't read her note on the tomb
the gist is: "... If you really must enter there, ask the blacksmith for the key but please leave that hammer alone! ..."

Quote:
it is possible to translate the texts without knowledge of spanish grammar?
Yes, babelfish did help me a lot too!

A text file with dialogues is attached.
(Yes you are right, I had to do this to be able to solve the game at all.)
Attached Files
File Type: txt nochedewalpurgis_dialogues_unicode.txt (21.0 KB, 151 views)

Last edited by andreas; 31 December 2006 at 09:22.
Old 31 December 2006, 12:05   #7
PiCiJi

Thank you Andreas, now i can try again. I notify my progress in the next days.
Old 31 December 2006, 15:35   #8
andreas
Zone Friend

Cool!
I hope you do not encounter the bug that the blacksmith cannot be asked for the key sometimes, no matter how many times you repeat the tomb scene. I have not yet found out what the reason for this is, but it seems to occur less probably if you have talked with a lot of people in the village before.

Last edited by andreas; 31 December 2006 at 15:40.
Old 31 December 2006, 18:49   #9
PiCiJi

I have tried but no progress. I have the key from the blacksmith and opened the lock but why using the key and not the sledgehammer? The main problem is how can I get money to buy the large key from the blacksmith? Pressing F6 shows important items but not for usage. Maybe the items, which you really need. In my first game I have something done so the grocer sells his jug to me. In my second game I didn't get the jug, don't know why.
Old 31 December 2006, 19:04   #10
andreas
Zone Friend

Nice to see that you got the key!
This means that you are past the bug.

Buying things is a bit awkward.
You have to BUY the item first, then PICK UP the item.
The BUY icon is the two hands that hold something.

After buying it, you can pick it up.

BUT ... that is why I told you that you must activate game texts and turn off speech (F9). Some things are important: if you want to pick up instantly (not buy), the grocer will say that taxes have risen and he can't give it for free.
Same with the blacksmith.

The reason why you have to use the key is simple: only if you USE the crypt key, HAVE the large keys in your inventory and return to Tarod's mother she will go out and lock the door so you can break in.
If you keep using the hammer, she will never lock the door but the game will do some sort of "rewind" and "magically" the crypt key will be at the blacksmith's again. You won't get the second message on the tomb either.

The "Señor ladrón ... " is the second one.

HINT: The number keys above the letters (NOT numpad) are shortcuts for the locations you visit. try 0-6...

Last edited by andreas; 31 December 2006 at 19:10.
Old 31 December 2006, 22:27   #11
PiCiJi

ah, you have to buy it first, thank you, have finished level 2. I had to make a tea to get the potion and smashed the grave more times. Now trying Level 3. It's a shame that a game like Walpurgis didn't find a publisher. The genre mixing is quite good.
Old 31 December 2006, 23:32   #12
andreas
Zone Friend

WHAT? Finished already? I'm impressed. Without any walkthrough, and all in Spanish!

Seems my dialogues were a bit too detailed, so they gave away too much
*YET* the thing with the candle I did *NOT* tell you. I'm impressed that you found that out. It's far from obvious

Level 3: this is REAL tough. I get instantly killed at the beginning. This level is close before "unfair."
Old 01 January 2007, 01:42   #13
PiCiJi

my main problem in level 2 was that you have to question the smith to place the chair first. I have used the sealed can with the candle. bought the undamaged jug and so.

Finished level 3, but don't get the pass code at end. The level ends with a talking ghost. Maybe he says the code? using autofire helps a lot in level 3.