English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 09 March 2019, 23:39   #1
simulant

Peter K Icons reboot loop and now lost Scalos

Hi I have Classic Workbench 3.1 installed on my Amiga 4000 but I've just accidentally broke it!

I was having a look in the "My Files" directory and saw the "Install > Icons" folder.

Anyway I thought it would be cool to install this extra icon pack without really checking what it was - what a terrible idea that was!! Turns out that "Install_Icons_Support" isn't an extra icons pack at all..?

My system went into a rebooting loop that kept saying it was installing the Peter K 3.5+ icon pack and then reboot and then installing Peter K icon pack again.

It started to feel a bit like groundhog day after a while.

So I removed the Compact Flash, stuck it in WinUAE and used the HD file of Classic Workbench to access my CF Workbench install and edit the s:Startup-Sequence file...

Comparing it the WinUAE hardfile install I noticed C:LoadWB had been removed and there was a line in reference to installing icons from MyFiles folder - so I removed the icons MyFiles line and added C:LoadWB back in again.

This got Workbench booted again back on the real Amiga 4000, however I then got an error saying "Insert Volume Scalos in any drive" and when I clicked Cancel I was back to stock Workbench and no nice wallpapers and scalos etc...

Can anyone please help me get Scalos back working again and all the WBC features now missing? Is there a way to copy anything missing back from the WBC hardfile in WinUAE or change the startup-sequence further etc to undo the descruction the Peter K icon install did?

Thanks for any help at all. I didn't realise it could be so dangerous to try and install what I thought was an icon pack but I've learned my lesson for next time to double check what it is!!

Last edited by simulant; 09 March 2019 at 23:48.