English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 03 September 2012, 20:05   #1
brett71

Leisure Suit Larry 1 (Enhanced) Protection

I've got the Skid Row crack of Leisure Suit Larry 1 (Enhanced version) and as far as I can tell, the game is not cracked, even though Skid Row took the time to tag the game with their name.

After the title screen, the game asks you how old you are. If you choose "0-15" the game immediately dumps you out, but any other choices make you "prove your age" with 5 multiple choice questions about pop culture, politics, stuff like that. Then it gives you one more multiple-choice question as the copy protection and asks you a question from the game manual. Choosing the wrong answer dumps you out of the game. While you have a 1 in 4 chance of getting it right, and can possibly bluff your way through, the game is technically not properly cracked.

However, I've lost any notes I may have had about this game over the years, so just wondering if anyone knows if there is a specific sequence of choices that will bypass the protection, or did Skid Row bungle this one?
Old 03 September 2012, 20:20   #2
mai

Skid Row released it uncracked, i suppose they put the codes on Disk 4 of their crack.
Old 03 September 2012, 20:22   #3
Jope
-

Ctrl-alt-x skips the age questions, but I guess it won't work for the protection question. :-)
Old 03 September 2012, 20:23   #4
brett71

Checked all 4 disks and no files with codes. However, I did find a copy of the documentation on another site that has the protection check answers present.

This does not change the fact, though, that the game was released uncracked. Anyone want to take a few minutes and do a proper crack of this game?
Old 03 September 2012, 20:27   #5
brett71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
Ctrl-alt-x skips the age questions, but I guess it won't work for the protection question. :-)
Wasn't aware of that one....trying now...

Dumb question, when are you supposed to press CTRL-ALT-X? I tried it after the title screen and it didn't work.

Anyhow, you're probably right about the protection check.
Old 03 September 2012, 20:28   #6
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
Only in the original version (i.e. not the enhanced one) if memory serves me right.

And it was Alt-X only IIRC.