English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 02 January 2010, 11:10   #1
Heula

Winuae 2.0.1 crash

I have setup Amikit and have installed the latest Winuae 2.0.1

Everytime I start my amikit winuae crashes. I have tested several things and I think it is uaesci.device related because when I disable this in expansions I don't get the error but still Amikit doesn't start because there is a message create device failed ......... or cannot open uaesci.device unit 0 and then amikit hangs while loading.

When I use Winuae 1.5.2 or.3 this doesn't happen and works just fine. I want the use the latest version because I can set autoscaling in this version. All version with autoscaling crash.

With the same setup on a different machine it all works fine so I don't know why it crashes on this machine.
Attached Files
File Type: rar winuae_201_20100102_105313.rar (21.7 KB, 194 views)
Old 02 January 2010, 12:05   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I have now idea how it can crash that way in SPTI code when you have ASPI enabled..

Anyway, try setting SCSI mode in misc panel to SPTI.
Old 02 January 2010, 17:11   #3
Heula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I have now idea how it can crash that way in SPTI code when you have ASPI enabled..

Anyway, try setting SCSI mode in misc panel to SPTI.
It keeps crashing. Tried with all options but with some it just won't start at all.
Old 02 January 2010, 17:15   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Ok, download 2.0.2 beta 1 (url in previous threads), run it with following command line parameters:

-log -logflush -scsilog

Load your usual configuration, make sure SPTI is set, logging is enabled in misc panel, start emulation, wait for crash and attach the dump again (no need to attach logs, they are included with the dump)
Old 02 January 2010, 18:37   #5
Heula

Quote:
Ok, download 2.0.2 beta 1 (url in previous threads), run it with following command line parameters:

-log -logflush -scsilog

Load your usual configuration, make sure SPTI is set, logging is enabled in misc panel, start emulation, wait for crash and attach the dump again (no need to attach logs, they are included with the dump)
Same error. File attached.
Attached Files
File Type: rar winuae_202bBeta 1_20100102_183240.rar (18.1 KB, 192 views)
Old 02 January 2010, 19:14   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Thanks. It looks like you have "too many" CDROM like devices and somewhere there is a missing check..

I think crashing stops if you have less than 8 devices but prepare to confirm future fix by setting number of devices back to 9+

EDIT: http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip hopefully fixes the crash. I couldn't duplicate the crash by having 7 daemon tools drives (+2 physical drives) but I found one missing check that caused memory corruption if more than 8 drives.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 02 January 2010 at 19:34.
Old 03 January 2010, 10:34   #7
Heula

Quote:
Thanks. It looks like you have "too many" CDROM like devices and somewhere there is a missing check..

I think crashing stops if you have less than 8 devices but prepare to confirm future fix by setting number of devices back to 9+

EDIT: http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip hopefully fixes the crash. I couldn't duplicate the crash by having 7 daemon tools drives (+2 physical drives) but I found one missing check that caused memory corruption if more than 8 drives.
I have indeed more than 8 virtual cd/dvd devices installed for game installation on my sons pc. I'll check if the error disappear when I delete one or two.
Old 03 January 2010, 10:43   #8
Heula

Problem is solved when there are are less than 8 devices are installed. I have 6 now and it is working without a crash.

thanks for the help.