English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 June 2017, 07:41   #1
TroyWilkins

Audio/Video output capture in WinUAE 3.4.0

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry if this seems like a very silly question, but I can't seem to find anything up-to-date.

I wish to use WinUAE for video capture. However, I don't know what the best settings are to use, to get the best quality capture. My storage device isn't anywhere near fast enough to use the "Full frames (uncompressed)" option, and I don't know anything about the other options, so I have no idea what to use.

What I want to capture is mainly A1000/A500/A1200/CD32 games and apps at this stage.

Ideally I'd be using a capture device of some kind and real hardware, but my A600 isn't currently working correctly, nor do I have the required capture hardware. And I no longer own an A1200 or CD32, and after seeing what prices they sell for now, I probably never will again.

For reference, my machine isn't exactly the latest and greatest: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, overclocked to 3.8GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, WD Green WD30EZRX 3TB HDD and Nvidia GeForce GTX 570. Using the correct settings, I would think that this rig would be capable of this task, but if not, well it'll just have to wait until I upgrade.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 14 June 2017, 18:03   #2
Foebane
Banned

Why not use Nvidia Shadowplay, as part of the GeForce Experience software?

I've used it without issue for a while now, and it records fullscreen separately from WinUAE, with a low CPU/GPU overhead. What's more, the resolutions and framerates are compatible with YouTube.
Old 14 June 2017, 18:17   #3
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post

I've used it without issue for a while now, and it records fullscreen separately from WinUAE, with a low CPU/GPU overhead. What's more, the resolutions and framerates are compatible with YouTube.
Audio recording in the video was perfect or presents some hiccups? i use the good old man HyCam2 Light and quality, but with the audio I always had a problemi specifically when using Amiga OS's large RTG screens.
Old 14 June 2017, 21:15   #4
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Audio recording in the video was perfect or presents some hiccups? i use the good old man HyCam2 Light and quality, but with the audio I always had a problemi specifically when using Amiga OS's large RTG screens.
Well, sometimes there are audio spikes that sound nasty, but it's very rare, and seems to depend on the type of sound being played at that moment.
Old 15 June 2017, 01:58   #5
TroyWilkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post

That requires a newer graphics card, my GTX 570 is too old to support that feature, and I don't game enough on this PC to justify the expense of something newer.

I have discovered a solution that works well with the help of someone here who for some reason inboxed me the solution, so I won't mention who it was, but Here's what they recommended, and I've found it works perfectly for me: the Techsmith Screen Capture Codec. The first one not version 2.
Old 15 June 2017, 08:11   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

At least don't use uncompressed, bit rate will be extremely huge (can be tens of megabytes / second, depending on resolution)
Old 15 June 2017, 14:30   #7
honx

video recording within winuae has stopped working for me a long time ago.
back in 2014 i was able to record within winuae but if i try that since 2016,
cpu load goes beyound measurable and everything hangs.
maybe my "new" (= used) geforce gtx 660ti graphics is the problem i assume.
as recording in winuae is not the only problem. new card also messed up audio!
since new geforce the only audio output is possible through hdmi on monitor.
all other audio outputs and inputs are gone! no speakers, no mic-in, no line-in.
everything is gone, also stereomix is gone! i really hate nvidia for doing that!!!

i miss the good old times with old graphics card when everything was working!
three years ago i had a geforce 275gtx which unfortunately went down to hell.
as replacement i got geforce gtx 660ti in late 2015 which started all this mess.