Old 06 November 2005, 00:41   #122
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

http://illhostit.com/files/252640927...8/wormsdc2.jpg
http://illhostit.com/files/979319741...5/wormsdc1.jpg
Old 06 November 2005, 06:33   #123
woody57

" DUE TO FAR TOO FEW OF YOU DOWNLOADERS RE- SEEDING THIS LARGE COMPILATION
ELSEWHERE I HAVE REMOVED THESE LINKS FROM DEADWOODINC as for the 160 + full downloads taken...there is NO evidence of that more than 2 of you are infact sharing it via P2P. Considering the amount of time Rochabian put into this project, the selfishness of some of you are hindering its FURTHER distribution through deadwoodinc which will NOW NOT consider reopening these links till December 05 "

That said I have sent a PM to Rochabian regarding this issue and FULLY understanding that his generosity in creating this compilation in the first place & giving it away, with NO THOUGHT for the many months it took to create has been abused by ignoring his REQUEST that you downloaders help by finding other ways to spread it.

I personally am going to Re-UPLOAD thes files to a different but FREE hi-speed filehost and will create a simple page online for you to take these files from, as I don't feel making you wait pointless amounts of time is the answer here

NEW INFORMATION LINK http://deadwoodinc.net/Rochabian/Index.htm

Last edited by woody57; 06 November 2005 at 10:39.
Old 06 November 2005, 12:51   #124
lentivector
Zone Friend

I'm testing the add36k program but it results in a recoverable error. It's possible to use add36k and add44k together?
Old 06 November 2005, 12:57   #125
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

I didn't use add36k,21k,or 44k WormsDC will now work on a standard CD32 I will try and put it in the zone today once i have tinkered with a few things
Old 06 November 2005, 19:02   #126
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

Great, can't wait to test it

Do you have resample SFX or just find another trick??????

Nice work!!!!
Old 06 November 2005, 20:34   #127
Dexther

are possible to upload other cd32 compilation in DEADWOODINC site ?
Old 07 November 2005, 13:01   #128
lentivector
Zone Friend

How to modify a c source code made with lattice using other compilers? I've downloaded various compiler from aminet but they failed to work. It seems that there are uncomplete commands in some source lines that I've not modified, why?
Old 07 November 2005, 17:54   #129
woody57

If Rochabian wants to upload links to download other CD32 compilation disks he may do so

Providing that like HIS they are NOT rips of comercialy available games...

So as he knows this its entirely upto him, I will certainly continue to offer him free hosting for as long as he needs it

The new download links for a tempory site will be up before 2400gmt 7th November 2005
Old 07 November 2005, 19:47   #130
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

I can add some links for CD32 comps if some people want but i want to know wich ones do you want first!!!!!
All of them??????
Wow ;-)
I will grow up slowly the amount of data available so the most wanted will be the first ;-)
All the Anarka Comp can be a first step?????? ( Vol 1,2,3,4,5 & 6 )
What do you think of it????

(If i don't have them, I wish that people who own them will share)

If we can do that, perhaps the CD32 will come to life again ;-)
Old 08 November 2005, 00:16   #131
woody57

All parts for Vol1 now up Rochabian

When you have some more cd's to add links for I am more than happy to upload & create similar links of this type for you'
As with this host account they have 90days between last upload & are eazy to keep alive for YEARS !

http://deadwoodinc.net/Rochabian/Index.htm

The page design is rough and it NEEDS your artistic input to make it look as COOL as the files it's hosting Rochabian

So pm me when your ready to take over its redesign & update or to discuss it in IRC later this week
Old 08 November 2005, 01:47   #132
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Rochabian you can stick Worms DC on your page too
Old 11 November 2005, 15:29   #133
Xenon

I have a curious question.... why Raiden starts in LEVEL 4??? This happened also in previous compilations.

Anyway, this last compilation is great, specially I like the Demo part. For the games part... I must buy a mouse or keyboard!! :P But titles are great

Yours,
Old 11 November 2005, 19:15   #134
DamienD
Banned

Hey Xenon,

The reason for this is that the full version of Raiden was never relaesed.

The only one available is a demo which starts on level 4 (and I think is only level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon
I have a curious question.... why Raiden starts in LEVEL 4??? This happened also in previous compilations.

Anyway, this last compilation is great, specially I like the Demo part. For the games part... I must buy a mouse or keyboard!! :P But titles are great

Yours,
Old 22 November 2005, 04:11   #135
SeeD32

Rochabian, all I can say is WOW!

Where to start on a cd filled with all my fav games and demos! Thanks SO much for your time in this project, it's an absolute dream!

Now for my question....
On Emulation it's fine, but on a real CD32 it seems slow loading on everything. Is this naturally due to the cd being slower at seek times? Or have I somehow burnt the image wrongly? I burnt at 2x using Nero 5.5.10.

For example, games stutter and flash screens while loading, and my fav demo of ALLLL time (Odyssey) jumps and pauses for every loading access. Is this normal on a real CD32? Maybe mine's gone wrong (it has been a good year since I last used it!).

But don't think I'm moaning, with UAE I'm a happy bunny! Just it would be so awsome to have the same results from my real CD32! Anyone else having these problems or just me?
Old 22 November 2005, 07:34   #136
ChrisBrownUK
Ex-A500, A1200 & CD32

SeeD32,

I have the same problem on most of the CD32 comps, but only on certain games - Desert Strike & Final Fight for example. Like you say, black "flashing" occurs on the loading screens, but the game itself it usually ok.

I've tried different brands of CD-R... Sony, TDK and Tesco so far - the CD32 likes the Tesco ones the best

I've also tried burning with Toast (Mac) and Nero / CloneCD (PC) at the slowest possible speeds but the results are fairly consistent.

Some have also suggested FireBurner but I've not got round to trying it yet. There's also some debate (and confusion if you look through older threads) whether the images should be burnt using Disc-at-Once (DAO) or Track-at-Once (TAO).
Old 22 November 2005, 11:19   #137
SeeD32

Thanks for your post ChrisBrownUK, Has anyone else experienced this problem (Or perfection!?) on a real CD32?

I've tried Fireburner, just burning the ISO, my CD32 couldn't read it, seems to want me to set everything up (which I've no idea how) before burning.

I've coastered a few cds, but Nero 5.5.10 burnt it automatically without even asking me the basics such as DAO or TAO etc, it just got on with it and it works.... but slowly.... very very slow loading speeds.

For example, even on the menu, just to get from section A to section B in games/demos takes a good 30 seconds of loading (the laser seems to spin the cd, then stop it, then spin up again, then stop, repeating this a few times until it finally gets the info it needs!) on all games this is the same.

I have other games and they all load fine, so I'm thinking maybe it's my choice of cheap cdroms? I've always burnt at 2x speed.

I'm going out of my mind here! But I'll stick with it and try some new cds in the mean time!
Old 22 November 2005, 14:34   #138
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

The OS Flashing can't be resolved on titles like Desert Strike unless a better loading slave is written or someone can actualy extract the data from the NDOS disks. The CD32 does the flashing because it is loading parts of disk image files into the memory at a time and there is not enough memory to load all 3 disks into 2mb chip ram. When a game is added to a cd32 compilation all viable alternatives are looked at the time to avoid the OS Flashing.

Regarding the menu there is no way to speed it up as it's loading txt files and iff files on the fly when you move through the options, but if you hold up or down on the menu after 7 or 8 moves it will skip through a bit disregarding the other menu options until you stop on one.
Old 22 November 2005, 15:36   #139
SeeD32

THanks Whitesnake.... but I've tried playing my cd today... and it always loads the title and title music (slowly I think) but now seems 9/10 to get stuck even before the menu. After about 4 minutes, the menu loads.... then after moving down on the menu it takes another minute or 3 to get that info!!!

I'm sure now this is either due to me burning wrongly, or due to me not using the correct blank cd brand!
Old 22 November 2005, 19:19   #140
ChrisBrownUK
Ex-A500, A1200 & CD32

Whitesnake - Thanks for the info re: OS Flashing, nice to understand these things properly.

SeeD32 - Seriously give Tesco CD-R's a go, otherwise PM me and I'll post a copy which I've previously tested, just to prove that your CD32 is not the cause.