English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 11 January 2020, 01:05   #141
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikosidis View Post
So you are saying that the price should be low so everyone will buy it even if they don't play games like it?
I don't think xubidoo is saying that at all.

I'll be honest; I've purchased Reshoot and Reshoot-R... they are very expensive for what they are

...and the digital download is virtually the same price as the boxed copy. Please tell me why?

I've probably played both games a maximum of 5 - 10 times and never touched them again since.

...and I love shoot'em ups; but not score chasers.

Quote:
First of all game prices are quite high if you look at new games for PS4, PC. They sell a lot too.
You can't compare with new games for PS4, PC; that's absolutely ludicrous.

Quote:
Amiga games is just a niche market. You know offer and demand. Reshoot R had just the right price I think. People that really want it buy it for the release price and I if you are not that interested it will probably come down in price in a year or two.
So what, look at any other new Amiga games on the market over the past 3 years and they are €20 maximum for boxed and €10 for digital download.
Old 11 January 2020, 02:05   #142
Selur

almost all amiga games are expensive for what they are
Old 11 January 2020, 09:40   #143
Amigajay

I think what may sway people like xubidoo who struggle to get past early levels is to include what NeoGeo CD games used to, by having arcade modes with unlimited lives or credits via an options screen.

Obviously people who want to play via the normal easy, normal, hard modes can do so, but for casual gamers who don't mind going through the whole game in one sitting, but still enjoy the experience and still get more game time than always die-ing on the first level would benefit.

Times have changed i do this on modern games that allow it and enjoy the game if its normally too hard for me and its easy for the dev to implement, don’t forget the game will be cracked after launch, why not give the option to people who pay full price in their retail package?

Edit: and regarding high scores, just do what many games do, if the unlimited lives option is selected than the high score table will be disabled, i think people are used to that anyway.
Old 11 January 2020, 10:34   #144
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
I think what may sway people like xubidoo who struggle to get past early levels is to include what NeoGeo CD games used to, by having arcade modes with unlimited lives or credits via an options screen.

Obviously people who want to play via the normal easy, normal, hard modes can do so, but for casual gamers who don't mind going through the whole game in one sitting, but still enjoy the experience and still get more game time than always die-ing on the first level would benefit.

Times have changed i do this on modern games that allow it and enjoy the game if its normally too hard for me and its easy for the dev to implement, don’t forget the game will be cracked after launch, why not give the option to people who pay full price in their retail package?

Edit: and regarding high scores, just do what many games do, if the unlimited lives option is selected than the high score table will be disabled, i think people are used to that anyway.
There will be no "unlimited lives" setting, as this would severely damage the feeling of accomplishment a shmup needs in my opinion. In games like R-Type, Half-Life, Super Metroid or – even more so – modern Soulslikes like Bloodborne you feel like a real hero after you managed to survive a stage or chapter. Check out Let´s plays of RESHOOT R (from Morgan Just Games for example [ Show youtube player ]) on youtube and you can almost see and hear the adrenaline flow. That´s how I want RP3 to feel too.

Some kind of additional arcademode which runs separately from the campain? Nice-to-have. Takes a lot of time to get this implemented in the quality that I want to see in RP3. and therefore will probably not happen.

On the positive side: Two difficulty settings are already designed and partly implemented, so novice players should be able to enjoy most of the game – or even the whole game if they are willing to work on their skills. Hard mode will noticeably modify gameplay and should be a challenge to the more experienced shmup guys.

invent also proposes a stage choice screen. Combining this with uinlockable stages just like in Thunderforce IV, that might make sense and is not too time consuming to do. So this could happen. As is the case with a two player hot seat mode.

Last edited by buzzybee; 11 January 2020 at 10:55.
Old 12 January 2020, 13:41   #145
nikosidis

Never heard a game released with unlimited lives. I know almost none compete the games they buy either.
Very nice you are doing difficulty options for RP3. I guess you will reuse the high-score system from Reshoot R.
There could maybe be an idea to also have high-score for each level?
Old 12 January 2020, 15:35   #146
blade002
Zone Friend

I know these graphics are subject to change and there has already been much discussion about them but F@#K ME these screens are BEAUTIFUL!!!
Old 12 January 2020, 16:25   #147
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post

I know these graphics are subject to change and there has already been much discussion about them but F@#K ME these screens are BEAUTIFUL!!!
I think everyone who's ever seen the above totally agrees

...but we all now have to forget those unfortunately; as that's not what the current rebranded "Reshoot" Proxima will ever look like
Old 12 January 2020, 16:45   #148
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

You naughty guys, but +1 for .
Old 13 January 2020, 01:47   #149
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I think everyone who's ever seen the above totally agrees

...but we all now have to forget those unfortunately; as that's not what the current rebranded "Reshoot" Proxima will ever look like

Even though I do full appreciate everything done with the Reshoot games and it is absolutely astounding we are getting such games of today on our Amiga's it can't be ignored that those graphics if not used would be a crying shame, even if it's for a different game thereafter.

We know great pixel art when we see it Damien as do many others on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
You naughty guys, but +1 for .
Old 13 January 2020, 08:26   #150
skan
Dream Merchant

Quote:
Even though I do full appreciate everything done with the Reshoot games and it is absolutely astounding we are getting such games of today on our Amiga's it can't be ignored that those graphics if not used would be a crying shame, even if it's for a different game thereafter.

We know great pixel art when we see it Damien as do many others on here
My thought exactly.
Old 13 January 2020, 10:01   #151
buzzybee

Quote:
it can't be ignored that those graphics if not used would be a crying shame, even if it's for a different game thereafter.
It´s exactly that tought that inspired its creator invent and me to work together. These still pixels deserve to fulfill their purpose and be part of an actual game. That´s why RESHOOT PROXIMA 3 does actually happen :-)
Old 13 January 2020, 10:46   #152
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:

If not actually used in game, those few sketch screenshots mockups should be at least printed and included in game package in form of a postcard, or a part of the manual
Old 13 January 2020, 10:51   #153
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
If not actually used in game, those few sketch screenshots mockups should be at least printed and included in game package in form of a postcard, or a part of the manual
That´s a great idea. We may include some of these stills in a making-of in the manual.
Old 17 January 2020, 14:47   #154
buzzybee

RESHOOT PROXIMA 3 - Debut on real hardware

Important milestone reached: RESHOOT PROXIMA 3 ran on real hardware this week the very first time. Enjoy the video: [ Show youtube player ]

If you want to know more about WHY this is such an important milestone to me, please consider reading a small written feature I created for my Patreon followers: https://www.patreon.com/posts/33225267

Last edited by buzzybee; 18 January 2020 at 02:29.
Old 17 January 2020, 15:00   #155
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Do you play it "collision off" ?
It seems to me that you can go through the enemies bullets without dying.
Old 17 January 2020, 15:03   #156
vulture

buttery-smooth!
Old 17 January 2020, 15:06   #157
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Do you play it "collision off" ?
It seems to me that you can go through the enemies bullets without dying.
This video is not so much about "playing" and more about "testing". So, yes - collissions are off. The whole collission detection system is already implemented and running in the background though.
Old 17 January 2020, 15:49   #158
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
If you want to know more about WHY this is such an important milestone, please consider reading a small written feature I created for my Patreon followers: https://www.patreon.com/posts/33225267
The only way to read this would be to sign up / become a supporter and pay...

Can't you just post the details if you want us to read them?
Old 17 January 2020, 16:16   #159
roondar

Quote:
Important milestone reached: RESHOOT PROXIMA 3 ran on real hardware this week the very first time. Enjoy the video:
Is it my imagination, or did the colour palette change from the last videos?
It seems more colourful than the previous one somehow.
Old 17 January 2020, 16:27   #160
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Important milestone reached: RESHOOT PROXIMA 3 ran on real hardware this week the very first time. Enjoy the video: [ Show youtube player ]

If you want to know more about WHY this is such an important milestone, please consider reading a small written feature I created for my Patreon followers: https://www.patreon.com/posts/33225267
I have to agree with DamienD here. If you want users to read it then post it or make it more readily available.

No need to use it to get more subscribers, which in my opinion is a bit immoral!