English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 23 April 2006, 16:37   #1
Paul
RIP Friends

Added CD support to Winuae but get no CDDA Sound

I’m trying to look at adding a guide on how to add cd support to workbench 3 in winuae. I’ve looked into this and tried with both AmiCDROM and AmiCDFS2 methods and all works ok.

But, when trying to play an Audio CD with MCDPlay (or one of the other players found on Aminet) the light flashes but I don’t get any sound. Has anyone else managed to get CD Audio to work with WinUAE? And if so, how?
Old 23 April 2006, 16:47   #2
Bloodwych

Have you got an Audio cable running from your DVD/CD drive to the line in on your audio/motherboard?

There are two ways audio plays from a CD - digital feed that runs data through the main IDE cable and analog feed that runs from the line out on the back of the PCs optical drive to the line in mentioned above.

Perhaps the CD programs are only causing the CD drive to output on the analog line?

If you go the digital route (I think it's possible in WinUAE), you'll need to install AHI audio drivers and select the UAE option.

I haven't done all this in several years, so my memories a bit hazy. If someone can step in with more detailed info then I'm sure Paul would appreciate it!
Old 23 April 2006, 16:58   #3
Paul
RIP Friends

Quote:
Have you got an Audio cable running from your DVD/CD drive to the line in on your audio/motherboard?
No cable. It's digital only

Quote:
Perhaps the CD programs are only causing the CD drive to output on the analog line?
That's what I was thinking

Quote:
If you go the digital route (I think it's possible in WinUAE), you'll need to install AHI audio drivers and select the UAE option.
But the cdplayer will need to be compatible with AHI drives, and I have not seen one on Aminet.

This has done my head in now
Old 23 April 2006, 21:00   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Digital audio can't work with SCSI-emulation. It can only work in CD32-mode.
Old 24 April 2006, 10:45   #5
Paul
RIP Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen
Digital audio can't work with SCSI-emulation. It can only work in CD32-mode.
Thanks for the info