English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 May 2016, 15:51   #41
gazj82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
The WEEE rules are equal in all European countries: If you import or manufacture electronics, you need to be properly registered. I don't even see the WEEE symbol, let alone a CE symbol.
Another great example of the over reaching EU making it impossible for the small man to make a few quid. We are talking a few mouse adaptors for 30 year old computers, not several million phones or computer motherboards built by a huge organization.

This a great product at a great price. if your so worried about a few EU rules then don't buy it. Leave us that want to in peace and let us make up our own mind.
Old 17 May 2016, 15:58   #42
ptyerman

Quote:
The WEEE rules are equal in all European countries: If you import or manufacture electronics, you need to be properly registered. I don't even see the WEEE symbol, let alone a CE symbol.
You don't see any CE symbol because it's not made in China.
Old 17 May 2016, 16:04   #43
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
You don't see any CE symbol because it's not made in China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazj82 View Post
Another great example of the over reaching EU making it impossible for the small man to make a few quid. We are talking a few mouse adaptors for 30 year old computers, not several million phones or computer motherboards built by a huge organization.

This a great product at a great price. if your so worried about a few EU rules then don't buy it. Leave us that want to in peace and let us make up our own mind.
We couldnt agree more, thanks for your support!
Old 17 May 2016, 16:14   #44
Amiga1992

I truly don't see how paying taxes makes you a better person. I for one support anyone not paying theirs. If someone has to be called dishonest here, is pretty much any government.
Old 17 May 2016, 16:28   #45
ptyerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I truly don't see how paying taxes makes you a better person. I for one support anyone not paying theirs. If someone has to be called dishonest here, is pretty much any government.
Right on! Include the fat, corrupt, EU politicians with that.
Old 17 May 2016, 17:01   #46
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

So, it has happened already, heh? Geez... Here at EAB (and a bit everywhere within the Amiga community), just about every single time something new comes along, some "advocates of disgrace" have to diss it down. As if stopping newcomers would help the Amiga evolve. Or, worse yet, as if some members want to maintain the status quo (which is, for the Amiga market, "near death"). Honestly, sometimes I think the Amiga community enjoys shooting it's own foot.

Will it kill anyone to let the markets decide those who win and thrive over those who don't? EVERYONE should have a shot at the game.

Stay focused, lads! Tugas are proud and strong. We conquered the world once - against all the odds - surely we'll do it again. Pay no heed to foul mongers or doomsday prophets. Good luck on your endeavour!
Old 17 May 2016, 19:46   #47
paulo_becas

Thanks all for the support and a few laughs
Theres more low priced items to come from tuga land, stay tuned.
Old 17 May 2016, 20:35   #48
Paul_s

If I still had Amiga hardware I'd buy one.

Nothing annoys me more than having a picture of a silk-screened wheelie bin on my PCBs. I hope you've used lead-solder for that ultimate retro feel?
Old 17 May 2016, 21:45   #49
8bitbubsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomeo View Post
@jens

You should be very careful calling people dishonest.. keep in mind you are selling rapidroad without informing customers about the crippled driver/hardware..

Shame.
Or the vast majority (if not all?) of Indivision ECS' which have problems remembering (?) the vertical frequency modes.. (50Hz/60Hz etc). When I boot mine, it's like a 25% chance to get the wanted 50Hz mode (which is saved in the Indivision ECS tool). It tends to like the default mode better than the one you pick.
I've heard about many other people having the same problem. I bought mine not long ago, and it's still not fixed!
Old 18 May 2016, 06:33   #50
thgill

Quote:
Cocolino has problems with certain KVM switches, it does not do signal filtering on the PS2 end, and wheel support it not available.
Are you stating the Cocolino doesn't have wheel support? Because it most certainly does support them.
Old 18 May 2016, 11:14   #51
idrougge

Quote:
Still, the offer is good if you want to have a spare that works with a selected mouse on your secondary Amiga. It will be more responsive than "real" USB HID adapters due to the lower protocol overhead. It would be even better if they would be honest about the open-source part
Wait a minute, when did Cocolino turn open source?
Old 18 May 2016, 12:55   #52
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
Wait a minute, when did Cocolino turn open source?
These adapters:
http://aminet.net/package/docs/hard/mouseps2
http://aminet.net/package/docs/hard/ps2m

have specific PS2 quirks that are also shown on Cocolino/Topolino. I never checked the source because I'm not familiar with PIC asm, but when I've done the conversion of Micromys to Micromys V3 (where Amiga and ST were added), I got a big box of PS2 mice that supposedly did not work on Topolino/Cocolino (roughly 50 mice that I was able to divide into 4 groups with specific protocol quirks that Micromys now covers).

Later on, I was made aware of a KVM switch issue, and added a fix for that as well (I think this was sometime later when I also introduced automatic computer recognition to the world of mouse adapters with Micromys V4).

To me, the fact that all other mouse adapters but Micromys have the same problems with PS2 protocol quirks (not errors - all fine if you read the standard between the lines) clearly indicates that they have been using each other's source code and did modifications on their own.

At least the second Aminet link is clearly under GPL, which is viral, so there is an obligation for all those who derive their own work to publish all their changes. The a1k folks did exactly that.

Jens

One more thing: See what has been done on a1k.org: http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38100 and compare the circuit board.

Last edited by Schoenfeld; 18 May 2016 at 13:05.
Old 18 May 2016, 14:18   #53
ramparts

From what i see the product never was a cocolino only size based so don´t make any mistakes.

and jens stop trying to compare to a1k projects ,if you want to know why don´t you buy one they have plenty of them to sell.

i think you should be aware by now that not all persons like your hardware so buzz off.
Old 18 May 2016, 14:55   #54
ramparts

Stop making this thread look like a Joke .
Because that is your intention since the begining.
I wonder where is the off topic moderation ...
Admit other like kipper2k are making better work than you that is why you shoot at everything right now your bissnes is going down the drain.
Old 18 May 2016, 15:03   #55
hooverphonique
ex. demoscener "Bigmama"

Quote:
Plus, any body with common sense will know only PS/2 protocol mice are supported, it stands to reason, UNLESS something specifically says otherwise anyway.
I don't agree.. when I first read the announcement, my first thought was "is it PS/2 only?", then I thought "it probably is", but I still didn't know for sure. You can't expect the novice user to know about this - 99,95% percent (number pulled out of my arse) of people in the world that has ever seen a PS/2-USB adapter thinks it converts the PS/2 protocol to USB

And don't take this the wrong way.. I'm not calling anybody dishonest, just saying that this little point is so important, that it should be clearly stated - which it is now...
Old 18 May 2016, 15:25   #56
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverphonique View Post
I don't agree.. when I first read the announcement, my first thought was "is it PS/2 only?", then I thought "it probably is", but I still didn't know for sure. You can't expect the novice user to know about this - 99,95% percent (number pulled out of my arse) of people in the world that has ever seen a PS/2-USB adapter thinks it converts the PS/2 protocol to USB

And don't take this the wrong way.. I'm not calling anybody dishonest, just saying that this little point is so important, that it should be clearly stated - which it is now...
I agree on the info part and it's correct now but why people have to start insulting?
Old 18 May 2016, 18:14   #57
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_becas View Post
but why people have to start insulting?
You're dragging on this silly fight. Get on with it and forget about it, talk only about your adapter otherwise this will turn into the classic Amiga "scene" shit show.
Old 18 May 2016, 18:30   #58
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
You're dragging on this silly fight. Get on with it and forget about it, talk only about your adapter otherwise this will turn into the classic Amiga "scene" shit show.
Old 18 May 2016, 22:36   #59
Daedalus

Quote:
Plus, any body with common sense will know only PS/2 protocol mice are supported, it stands to reason, UNLESS something specifically says otherwise anyway.
Really not, especially when there are products on the market that *do* support USB mice. I appreciate that it's updated now, but when the description says its "working only with USB mice", I would fully expect to be able to plug any of my USB mice into it and have them work, whereas in reality only 50% of them will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_becas View Post
Let me remember that this is a mouse adapter only. I don't see why anyone would want to use two mouses on the amiga but the answer is no, you can't fit two together on an A600 due to A600 Case but on any other amiga you can
Well, Settlers and Lemmings both support two player split-screen games using two mice, and I suspect there are others. The hardware supports it, it's just up to software to support a second mouse. AmigaKit sell small adaptors for fitting such devices to an A600, perhaps you could do something similar.
Old 19 May 2016, 08:49   #60
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Really not, especially when there are products on the market that *do* support USB mice. I appreciate that it's updated now, but when the description says its "working only with USB mice", I would fully expect to be able to plug any of my USB mice into it and have them work, whereas in reality only 50% of them will.
I'm starting to regret using a USB port. Like i said we didn't use a PS2 port because it was more expensive and it's easier to buy USB mouses now. I don't even know if PS2 mouses are still in production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Well, Settlers and Lemmings both support two player split-screen games using two mice, and I suspect there are others. The hardware supports it, it's just up to software to support a second mouse. AmigaKit sell small adaptors for fitting such devices to an A600, perhaps you could do something similar.
I completely forgot those games and i use to play settlers a lot
That's something to consider but Kipper2k already did that.