Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 11 August 2019, 13:44   #1
BIG D

CD32 Action Replay

Was there a Action replay for the CD32?
Old 11 August 2019, 15:11   #2
jotd
This cat is no more

not that I know of. But I made HRTMon work on a stock CD32 machine (software action replay).
Old 11 August 2019, 19:08   #3
demoniac

FYI, HRTMon is pretty much the A1200 version of Action Replay, written by the same person.
Old 11 August 2019, 19:17   #4
Mrz
Banned

HRTMON is the only way to action reply in CD32 or A1200 or A4000 etc
however it doesn't work if the hardisk is formatted with SFS or PFS
you must have at least 1 partition formated with FFS

and tons of games are incompatible with HRTMON, ie you enter to HRTMOn then you return to the game but then the screen become corrupted

I still waiting for a fix
Old 11 August 2019, 19:37   #5
jotd
This cat is no more

you don't need a harddisk for hrtmon if you just change memory (or write to floppy).

HRTMon cannot capture copperlist/customchip values like hardware monitors do. On WinUAE it has been adapted by Toni so it works better, but in pure software, it does what it can (and I remember being able to work with it to write most of whdload & JST installs. Sometimes display is trashed, true, but not always)
Old 12 August 2019, 01:13   #6
BIG D

Awesome found it, I am using it in Winuae and was wondering if there is a list out there somewhere of cd32 games codes?
Old 12 August 2019, 09:14   #7
jotd
This cat is no more

Note that with WinUAE you also have built-in debugger with shift+F12. No need for HRTMon at all (I still like HRTMon for the quick binary edit for instance)

Unlike consoles where a list of "codes" are provided, on CD32/Amiga such things don't exist for several reasons:

- some games use the OS to allocate memory / there are various amiga configurations with expansion mem at different locations. The codes would require to adapt to those configurations. CD32 is no exception. Most games are OS friendly and depending on the timing, the addresses may change (memory allocation).
- when we want to cheat, we use cheat codes with keyboard (see Abaddon Sweetcheater for instance). Of course on pure CD32 games, the cheats are either gone or require a keyboard.
- when we want to cheat, we use whdload & configurable trainers. You can achieve that on a CD32 with CD32Load/WHDLoad CDs or TF accelerators which turn your CD32 in a real amiga.

Amiga monitors are more often used to inspect/hack games, not to enable infinite lives temporarily.
Old 13 August 2019, 04:39   #8
BIG D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Note that with WinUAE you also have built-in debugger with shift+F12. No need for HRTMon at all (I still like HRTMon for the quick binary edit for instance)

Unlike consoles where a list of "codes" are provided, on CD32/Amiga such things don't exist for several reasons:

- some games use the OS to allocate memory / there are various amiga configurations with expansion mem at different locations. The codes would require to adapt to those configurations. CD32 is no exception. Most games are OS friendly and depending on the timing, the addresses may change (memory allocation).
- when we want to cheat, we use cheat codes with keyboard (see Abaddon Sweetcheater for instance). Of course on pure CD32 games, the cheats are either gone or require a keyboard.
- when we want to cheat, we use whdload & configurable trainers. You can achieve that on a CD32 with CD32Load/WHDLoad CDs or TF accelerators which turn your CD32 in a real amiga.

Amiga monitors are more often used to inspect/hack games, not to enable infinite lives temporarily.

I have used many emulators in the past but I find the Amiga emulators are at a whole nother level of complexity.

So is there a super easy walkthrough on getting the cd32/whdload running, if possible on Amiga forever or winuae if the that fails?

And once running is there an easy way to find the codes in game or on the web?
Old 13 August 2019, 09:24   #9
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
I have used many emulators in the past but I find the Amiga emulators are at a whole nother level of complexity.
that's expected from an emulator which emulates a series of computers with expansion, hard drives, video modes, ... not exactly a NES.

Code:
So is there a super easy walkthrough on getting the cd32/whdload running, if possible on Amiga forever or winuae if the that fails?
The hardest part is getting hold of kickstart 3.1 & CD32 extra ROM (2 512K files). Then put them in winuae and use quickstart menu, choose CD32, choose your ISO)

Code:
And once running is there an easy way to find the codes in game or on the web?
well,... read my post again. No. Maybe if you are more specific on the games you want to hack we can help.
Old 14 August 2019, 02:21   #10
BIG D

Quote:
The hardest part is getting hold of kickstart 3.1 & CD32 extra ROM (2 512K files). Then put them in winuae and use quickstart menu, choose CD32, choose your ISO)
Ok got all that and have downloaded newest version on winuae and I am just waiting for some games to test it with.

But before I go any further down this path I have a couple of probably dumb questions.

1. can I map a hotkey or button on my controller for taking screenshots in Winuae during play?

2. Is there a way of taking continuous screenshots while playing a game. This can be done in Meka for the master System.
Old 14 August 2019, 11:41   #11
jotd
This cat is no more

1. I suppose you can, with advanced input configuration. I'll let someone confirm

2. you can create videos when playing a game. Select an uncompressed codec with low framerate if possible

if you want trained games you can get multi-game ISOs like this

https://www.amigafrance.com/forums/t...r-compilation/

or this

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=82138

for the latter, holding red button when booting games that support it enable trainer (whdload CUSTOM1)

individual audio-enhanced games have built-in trainers too (hold button on startup/read the docs to use in-game cheats)

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ght=cd32+audio
Old 14 August 2019, 12:39   #12
BIG D

Man thanks for that, I was thinking is might be easier if I pm you so I can explain exactly what I am trying to do but you would have to empty some of your mailbox first so I can do this as it seems to be full,
you must be popular!
Old 14 August 2019, 12:57   #13
Hewitson

Does "BIG D" mean what I think it does?
Old 14 August 2019, 13:01   #14
BIG D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
Does "BIG D" mean what I think it does?
Haha... no
Old 15 August 2019, 11:16   #15
Hewitson

Where in Melbourne are you mate? I'm in Franga
Old 15 August 2019, 13:04   #16
jotd
This cat is no more

Big data?
Old 16 August 2019, 04:19   #17
BIG D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post

Where in Melbourne are you mate? I'm in Franga
up north in doncaster
Old 16 August 2019, 04:20   #18
BIG D

Quote:
Big data?
Yeah why not.
Old 16 August 2019, 04:24   #19
BIG D

Cloantos Amiga Forever is looking like my best option as I should be able to map a key on my control pad to take images on the fly.

Maybe even set that button to autofire to take continuous shots!

Any other ideas?
Old 16 August 2019, 05:56   #20
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG D View Post
Cloantos Amiga Forever is looking like my best option as I should be able to map a key on my control pad to take images on the fly.

Maybe even set that button to autofire to take continuous shots!

Any other ideas?
I'm pretty sure this functionality would be part of WinUAE rather than Amiga Forever.