English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 07 December 2015, 19:14   #1
TheSmokinDeist
Former Amiga Librarian

Need a reference for valid systems under UAE/AF '16

I have been playing with Amiga Forever 2016 and when I was trying to come up with an emulated Amiga "power system" to work with,there were a lot of systems that were not compatible with either WinUAE or WinFellow. A quick reference or the like would be helpful in helping me set up my virtual Amiga environments for setting up systems in specific environments.

Here are three systems I'd like to set up.

1) A PowerPPC-accelerated 3.x system for my "main" Amiga. This gets all the bells and whistles.

2) A nice 2.1 System--(I'm thinking of using an A3000 as the base here)

3) A nice 1.3 System--(I'm thinking of usiing an A2000 as the base with this one.)

A reference would be of great help as I play with other configs as well--weeding out a lot of unsupported setups ahead of time would be very handy.

I don't know if this is something that already exists or where to find it if it does...

Last edited by TheSmokinDeist; 07 December 2015 at 19:15. Reason: I can use better English than this!!!!
Old 08 December 2015, 19:32   #2
TheSmokinDeist
Former Amiga Librarian

No help? lol Some would be appreciated...

The three configs were just the ones I was thinking about but a more in-depth list would be helpful for other playing around.
Old 08 December 2015, 19:51   #3
Saghalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmokinDeist View Post
I have been playing with Amiga Forever 2016 and when I was trying to come up with an emulated Amiga "power system" to work with,there were a lot of systems that were not compatible with either WinUAE or WinFellow. A quick reference or the like would be helpful in helping me set up my virtual Amiga environments for setting up systems in specific environments.

Here are three systems I'd like to set up.

1) A PowerPPC-accelerated 3.x system for my "main" Amiga. This gets all the bells and whistles.

2) A nice 2.1 System--(I'm thinking of using an A3000 as the base here)

3) A nice 1.3 System--(I'm thinking of usiing an A2000 as the base with this one.)

A reference would be of great help as I play with other configs as well--weeding out a lot of unsupported setups ahead of time would be very handy.

I don't know if this is something that already exists or where to find it if it does...
That's quite a list!

Over the years I have actually messed around with quite a bit of this. I'm always getting comments from others that "That isn't a pure system" but if it works it works. Sometimes the system shows that I have tons of resources available (mostly ram) but the OS only uses what it's programmed to use. But it looks cool and it runs good.

Here are some configs that I use that I think you want. There are only two as the 2.x system is very basic and is usually just what you install from scratch. You can use the A500AF.uae file and change the system to A2000 - it should work just fine.

But as always. Other ppls configs/stufff never works as well as your own. I would mess around with configs until I was satisfied with what works. You can use the two I uploaded here as a baseline for your experiments.

Regards,

Saghalie

EDIT: My bad, I was thinking you wanted WinUAE references. Do not the Systems work good for you that come with AF2016?
Attached Files
File Type: uae Amiga 4000 PPC-31.uae (19.0 KB, 70 views)
File Type: uae A500AF.uae (18.0 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by Saghalie; 08 December 2015 at 19:58.
Old 08 December 2015, 20:07   #4
TheSmokinDeist
Former Amiga Librarian

Well, the systems are nice but I get a bit frustrated when I try a config and I'm told it's not compatible with WinUAE or WinFellow in AF. I though a reference that would help me weed out the incompatible setting would allow me to play more with configurations. There needs to be a better reference or I'm just not finding one right now.
Old 08 December 2015, 20:20   #5
Saghalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmokinDeist View Post
Well, the systems are nice but I get a bit frustrated when I try a config and I'm told it's not compatible with WinUAE or WinFellow in AF. I though a reference that would help me weed out the incompatible setting would allow me to play more with configurations. There needs to be a better reference or I'm just not finding one right now.
I think I see what you mean. But really, the best way to figure this out is to play around with it. WinUAE will tell you that it doesn't work, or it will just crash out leaving you stunned

Is there something specific that you have in mind?

Regards,

Saghalie
Old 08 December 2015, 20:24   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

You didn't mentioned use case. It is very important always when talking about non-basic/big box Amiga configurations, it is very important information. (RTG config, as fast as possible, more compatible for something else, MMU etc..)

Basic config: start with quickstart config. Always.
Old 08 December 2015, 23:22   #7
TheSmokinDeist
Former Amiga Librarian

Well, for starters, I was hoping to not reinvent the wheel. lol But yeah, I wanted to builg a big baafy system to be a general play-around with RTG and PPC acceleration. Since I don't have 4.1 at this time, working out a good 3.x config would be nice--perhaps set it up with AmiKit as well. (I like what I see so far but there's a few things I would prune off of it like the now non-functional Twitter client.)

The 2.1 I would reserve for any ECS software that has a lot of disks to install, the same with a 1.3 system.