... Stereo
... 48 KHz

Zsnes (Default):
... Stereo sound
... 32000Hz

Zsnes (Best):
... Stereo sound
... 32000Hz

In hindsight I should have really changed Zsnes (Best) --> 48000Hz and ticked Sound buffering... I somehow must have missed these, oops
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snes9x_Default.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	11003   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snes9x_Best.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	11004   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zsnes_Default.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	11005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zsnes_Best.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	11006  

Last edited by DamienD; 09 May 2006 at 19:04.
Old 09 May 2006, 18:49   #222
DamienD
Banned

Oh, and to answer one of Bloodwych's old questions which I also seemed to miss i.e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych
I've noticed that both EMUs now open in small windows rather than full screen like Snes9x used too.
If running from the DVD:
... Snes9x: all options are configurable. Snes9x will only open in a small windows if you select Revert back to "Default" emulator settings. You can select all other "Best" options and these will be applied.
... Zsnes: will open in a small windows as this is the default "straight out of the box" option and unchangable due to file based configs.

If running from the HDD:
... Snes9x: all options are configurable.
... Zsnes: all options are configurable.

I decided that "default" for both emulators should be exactly this i.e. default and have no settings applied. This is so that if the user has issues they can go back to how everything was before playing with settings...

Old 09 May 2006, 18:58   #223
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
I'm using the inbuilt sound cards that are on my Toshiba 4600 Satellite Pro and the IBM ThinkPad T30. Will you tell you the exact models when I get home. Can't remember what cards were used in the 3 various PCs
My sound card on the Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 is a YAMAHA AC-XG Audio Device...

My sound card on the IBM ThinkPad T30 is SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio...
Old 09 May 2006, 19:20   #224
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
@DamienD my soundcard is built in on the Amd3500, same as my compaq ipaq desktop pc (p3 1ghz) but no cd/dvd drive so can't install on that!

figured out what i'd done wrong i copied the dvd over to the hd at some stage (to burn for someone else and i'd assumed i'd installed it and hadn't lol so that was probably why i was getting default settings

Sorry guys
Old 09 May 2006, 19:32   #225
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek2k
@DamienD my soundcard is built in on the Amd3500, same as my compaq ipaq desktop pc (p3 1ghz) but no cd/dvd drive so can't install on that!

figured out what i'd done wrong i copied the dvd over to the hd at some stage (to burn for someone else and i'd assumed i'd installed it and hadn't lol so that was probably why i was getting default settings
You have no CD/DVD drive

How did you copy everything across in the first place? Are the files / folders that have been copied across the latest from the "final" DVD?

Quote:
Sorry guys
No problem, you gaved me a minor heart attack
Old 09 May 2006, 19:47   #226
Macca
Zone Friend

Can't find a problem with it at the moment DD - sure there must be something on it that doesn't work / I can break...
Old 09 May 2006, 19:48   #227
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
In hindsight I should have really changed Zsnes (Best) --> 48000Hz and ticked Sound buffering... I somehow must have missed these, oops
I will probably update these files tomorrow to incorporate what I missed out (quote above):

... N.CFG + N.DAT
... S.CFG + S.DAT
... T.CFG + T.DAT
... N_XB.CFG + N_XB.DAT
... S_XB.CFG + S_XB.DAT
... T_XB.CFG + T_XB.DAT
... N_PS.CFG + N_PS.DAT
... S_PS.CFG + S_PS.DAT
... T_PS.CFG + T_PS.DAT
... N_AR.CFG + N_AR.DAT
... S_AR.CFG + S_AR.DAT
... T_AR.CFG + T_AR.DAT
... N_DF.CFG + N_DF.DAT
... S_DF.CFG + S_DF.DAT
... T_DF.CFG + T_DF.DAT

Old 09 May 2006, 19:50   #228
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca
Can't find a problem with it at the moment DD - sure there must be something on it that doesn't work / I can break...
LOL

Phew, that's great news... Many thanks for taking the time to test
Old 09 May 2006, 20:24   #229
Bloodwych

I've had no further issues either. Sound seems fine to me on a nforce2 with built-in soundstorm.

With regards to the CPU discussion, a celeron 450 (on die cache) can emulate a super nintendo with sound so there should be no issues on any recent CPU regardless of brand.

Damien, yes the small window was the default setting.
Old 09 May 2006, 20:26   #230
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych
I've had no further issues either. Sound seems fine to me on a nforce2 with built-in soundstorm.

With regards to the CPU discussion, a celeron 450 (on die cache) can emulate a super nintendo with sound so there should be no issues on any recent CPU regardless of brand.

Damien, yes the small window was the default setting.
Hello my friend,

The super tester has arrived

Thanks for the confirmation Bloodwych. I totally agree with what you've said about "should be no issues on any recent CPU regardless of brand"
Old 09 May 2006, 20:43   #231
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
I have DVD on my main pc DaimenD just not on the compaq thing! hence why i havent tested it on that! however i have my router setup now and network going so can transfer it over now!
Old 09 May 2006, 20:45   #232
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I have DVD on my main pc DaimenD just not on the compaq thing! hence why i havent tested it on that! however i have my router setup now and network going so can transfer it over now!
Cool sarek2k, I hope that you have no issues
Old 10 May 2006, 18:59   #233
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
I will probably update these files tomorrow to incorporate what I missed out (quote above):

... N.CFG + N.DAT
... S.CFG + S.DAT
... T.CFG + T.DAT
... N_XB.CFG + N_XB.DAT
... S_XB.CFG + S_XB.DAT
... T_XB.CFG + T_XB.DAT
... N_PS.CFG + N_PS.DAT
... S_PS.CFG + S_PS.DAT
... T_PS.CFG + T_PS.DAT
... N_AR.CFG + N_AR.DAT
... S_AR.CFG + S_AR.DAT
... T_AR.CFG + T_AR.DAT
... N_DF.CFG + N_DF.DAT
... S_DF.CFG + S_DF.DAT
... T_DF.CFG + T_DF.DAT

Hello guys,

I've now done the required update to all the Zsnes "Best" emulator configuration files to include 48000Hz + Sound buffering...

Attached is a file called Zsnes_BestConfig.zip containing these changed files. If you want to add this update into your DVD then you need to extract this Zsnes_BestConfig.zip to the directory \SNES\SETTINGS\ZSNES.

Phew, that *should* be the final update...

Attached Files
File Type: zip Zsnes_BestConfig.zip (27.2 KB, 89 views)
Old 20 May 2006, 18:07   #234
plasmatron
Zone Friend

Thanxx DamienD for sending me the DVD so quick.

I have tried it, and it is superb ! Very easy to use, and has nice graphics.

BIG UP !
Old 20 May 2006, 18:59   #235
DamienD
Banned

No problem at all plasmatron. Thank you very much for taking the time to test / play / post a comment

I'm glad that you found it very simple to use and that everything worked as it was designed to. Have fun playing
Old 20 May 2006, 23:51   #236
DamienD
Banned

Hey guys,

Thought that I'd also update the .ISO file with the latest improvements from the 6th of May (README.EXE) plus the 10th of May (Zsnes_BestConfig.zip) and upload it again in case anybody wants it...

Here is the new link: http://www.filefactory.com/?a2fcf7

Same instructions as before for adding in ROMS to the .ISO file:

Quote:

To add in your own ROMS just following the instructions on Page 3 of the README.EXE (screen shot attached) and reburn the CD / DVD...

To all the people who already have an earlier version of the DVD, you just need to do the same as in the README.EXE but before burning:

... Copy all the files from the \SNES\ROMS directory on your old DVD --> C:\SNES\ROMS.
... Copy the file Super NES.data from your old DVD \SNES\FRONT END\LUS_SNES9X\db --> C:\SNES\FRONT END\LUS_SNES9X\db.
... Copy the file Super NES.data from your old DVD \SNES\FRONT END\LUS_ZSNES\db --> C:\SNES\FRONT END\LUS_SNES9X\db.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Readme_03.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	11095  
Old 23 May 2006, 22:55   #237
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Hey up DamienD!

In general.....
1) Super fast delivery of SNES DVD.
2) Fantastic quick responses to my PM's with regards to problems I had installing this DVD which are all now resolved - thankyou for your time and patience!
3) Your superb and easy to use front interface that does "exactly what it says on the tin"'.
4) An AMAZING array of games. This lot has kept my four kids utterly entertained. Youngest (10 month old) is banned after trying to eat the joypad.......

In just a bit more detail.....

I have thoroughly tested everything and I cannot fault any aspect of your SNES DVD. The list of minor questions I was going to ask about, like display and sound configurations have been well covered in detail in this thread.

The emulators themselves are very easy to use and configure, although out of the two I personally favour SNES9X. For playing the games I use the Logitech Joypad (very similar to PS) and it works absolutely fine.

I could go on but I just can't fault it! You say in a previous post that it gives your great satisfaction and pleasure knowing that alot of members have asked for your SNES DVD purely for, like myself, their kids to play, just shows the amount of time and dedication you have committed to producing this, at no cost.

Brilliantely put together DamienD! Very very well done!
Old 24 May 2006, 00:17   #238
DamienD
Banned

Hey quahappy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post some feedback and your very kind words

I must say that I also personally prefer SNES9X. Only really added ZSNES to help out people who had issues with SNES9X (although I've never experienced any myself)...

I'm glad that the issues you original experienced are now all resolved and that the SETUP worked as it should. I'd be interested to know what was causing these problems though. Just PM me if you like or post to this thread, I don't mind either way.

Also, great news that your Logitech joypad works absolutely fine. Did you have to remap buttons or is it exactly the same layout as the Playstation button setup?

Anyway, thanks again
Old 24 May 2006, 00:20   #239
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

!! Just emailed you.....

Yep.... the joypad is the same layout as the Playstation
Old 15 June 2006, 13:35   #240
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Send a message via ICQ to Adderly
i received the DVD some days ago. Thanks DamienD for this sending to Germany!
got the very latest version of this great piece of work. Had some problems to play it from DVD and Damien pm'ed my with a lot of solution tries and so we could find out the problem (abnormal WinXP installation on my side )

Thanks for all your afford Damien!

The DVD itself holds a very good collection of games, good dumps and translated (to english) versions of japanese games. That is what someone can call a fine handpicked collection. With Snes9x the (in my opinion) best emulator is used.

Well done!