English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 18 June 2002, 04:33   #1
ToTalXS

Big grin N e 1 remember a joystick....

Does anyone remember the "Ergo-Stick"....it was in my opinion the best joystick I have ever used......it fit comfortable(form fitting) in your palm and the fire button was underneath where your index finger rested.......man that was a great stick....I cant seem to find one now though........anyone got one they dont want?...I cant even find a pic of it to show you.......

Old 18 June 2002, 08:40   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Was the button blue ?

It reminds me of the Konix Navigator joystick. Maybe different names for different countries.
Old 18 June 2002, 08:46   #3
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

The form factor you described reminds me of QuickShot joysticks.

IMHO the best joystick ever was the Multicoin Starcursor, made by Multicoin Amusements (coin-op hardware manufacturers). I still have and use one of these. They also came out with the Starcursor and (IIRC) Starblazer joysticks, which were similar. Basically the same as what is used in coin-ops, manufactured to similar standards too, eg. solid steel shaft instead of cheap plastic, good microswitches, etc. Switchable between 4- and 8-way mode with 3 firebuttons (one atop the stick). The stick was one of the good coin-op ones (ie. more or less straight, with fire button on top), rather than the crap ones (ie. very thin shaft with red 'ball' on top).
Old 18 June 2002, 09:19   #4
jmmijo

Yep, still have at least one lying around here ToTalXS

I think these were made by Wico and I too liked the extra rubber coating on these joysticks because well, I don't have small hands nor fingers

They reminded me of the Epyx 500XJ's as well, in their general shape and size. Perhaps the same OEM for both, you know neither company made their joysticks, just contracted with some off shore Taiwanese manufacturer
Old 18 June 2002, 12:10   #5
ToTalXS

Quote:
Originally posted by lilalurl
Was the button blue ?

It reminds me of the Konix Navigator joystick. Maybe different names for different countries.
I believe so...the body of the stick was a rubber type coating grrey I think in colour......

Quote:
Originally posted by jmmijo
Yep, still have at least one lying around here ToTalXS

They reminded me of the Epyx 500XJ's as well, in their general shape and size. Perhaps the same OEM for both, you know neither company made their joysticks, just contracted with some off shore Taiwanese manufacturer
Epyx 500xj's.....I'll have to see If I can locate any of those........were they sold in the US?........

Edit: I found an ergo stick for sale $25 US seems a bit high.......... http://www.computer-ease.cc/AccessoriesNew.html

Last edited by ToTalXS; 18 June 2002 at 12:22.

Old 18 June 2002, 16:13   #6
jmmijo

The price is probably due to the fact they are no longer being manufacturered
Old 18 June 2002, 18:50   #7
Shogun

Hmmm.. *Lookin @ my mouse..* Joy stick?... what a blast from the past..lol

Old 19 June 2002, 05:46   #8
ethylene

Send a message via ICQ to ethylene Send a message via AIM to ethylene Send a message via MSN to ethylene Send a message via Yahoo to ethylene
Ha!

I remember when my friend Julian brought over his Epyx 500XJ so we could play doubles in Gauntlet. As we walked in the front door, my dad noticed the joystick and said, "Aaaaaah.... The Ergostick!!" Julian and I just immediately busted out laughing. Neither of us knew what the heck he was talking about!

Incidentally, my favorite stick for Commodore 64 was, without a doubt, the Wico Boss. This stick was the first we had, and it outlasted all the other six-some-odd! It would still be around today if it weren't for me intentionally breaking it because it was the devil. True story.
Old 19 June 2002, 23:40   #9
ToTalXS

Quote:
Originally posted by ethylene
Ha!

This stick was the first we had, and it outlasted all the other six-some-odd! It would still be around today if it weren't for me intentionally breaking it because it was the devil. True story.
LOL...I hgate it when a accessory gets possesed...I once had a printer that kept printing.."RED RUM" over and over...j/k....peace

Old 20 June 2002, 18:21   #10
Shadowfire

Quote:
Originally posted by ethylene
Ha!
Incidentally, my favorite stick for Commodore 64 was, without a doubt, the Wico Boss. This stick was the first we had, and it outlasted all the other six-some-odd! It would still be around today if it weren't for me intentionally breaking it because it was the devil. True story.
I still have mine, use it with the Amiga. Its gotta be 16 years old now.