English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 27 February 2002, 17:44   #101
Riempie
Amiga freak

Hmm... Tried Fury of the Furries too, works great, except after I've finished level 1 and want to start level 2, the emulated CD32 (WinUAE) resets itself. Seems like more games seem to crash/reset/whatever after the first level. Strange...

Maybe this has something to do with the NVRAM? Because I know Fury of the Furries automatically saves resume points. I've checked the NVRAM editor and no save stuff of Fury, but I know it should be there.

I know an NVRAM file can be set in the config tab of WinUAE, but what should I select? Can I make such a file myself? How does this work?
Old 27 February 2002, 18:36   #102
Ian
Global Moderator

It creates it's own, just click on the side of the NVRam bit on the rom section of your config, type in any filename you want to use and click on save

Bob's your uncle, you now have yourself a NVRam file
Old 01 March 2002, 04:30   #103
RetroMan

Just wanted to let you know : IT WORKS NOW ! but I haven´t changed anything I just started it as usual to get my Bluescreen (as usual) but it worked
Old 01 March 2002, 18:56   #104
rlake
Hittin' the hardware...

Toni: Just to let you know that a suggestion made elsewhere regarding the CD drive letter "gap issue" has resolved my problems, at least with the Liberation CD I tested. Update: After retesting a whole load more, I have been very successful!

MrDig: Your sound problems for Roadkill sound like your CPU speed (I can only squeeze 48 fps out of most games on my P3 733). As for Super Stardust, you should change to the next level using the left / right buttons and then it should work!

(Group): Please note the changes made to my compatibility notes above. There are still some that still need testing (and I have a stack more new ones too!)

Last edited by rlake; 01 March 2002 at 20:25.
Old 03 March 2002, 13:46   #105
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Problem with missing audio if all floppy drives were disabled is finally solved. It was caused by a bug in custom chipset reset code. (there is custom chipset register that contains misc floppy and audio bits, Kickstart's floppy driver resets it only if there are one or more enabled floppy drives)

SuperFrog button problem is also fixed.
Old 15 March 2002, 11:38   #106
nokia3310e

I just wanted to say that Labyrinth of Time is fully playable in WinUAE (using Ian's config). I completed it the other day (and expected a better ending to it). Sound was ok, but sometimes crackly, saving to NVRAM worked fine. Ran it from an .iso mounted in Daemon's Tools 3.00. Used the mouse to play the game (can anyone tell me the key mappings for the CD32 joypad, I guess most of them are on the number pad?)

Old 15 March 2002, 13:59   #107
rlake
Hittin' the hardware...

From "readme.txt"

- Joypad (keys: /=RWD *=PLAY -=FFW 7=Green 9=Yellow 1=Red 3=Blue, hardcoded, no configuration yet)
Also mapped to PC joystick/joypad buttons 1-7
Old 15 March 2002, 14:26   #108
nokia3310e

@rlake: Thanks for the info

Old 22 March 2002, 21:53   #109
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Chuck Rock works! (apart from graphical glitches)

Hi Ian,

found a working ISO of Chuck Rock CD32, and I just upped in the zone! Sound works like a dream! :bounce
It's slow as hell, though. And when Chuck moves to the right, the screen jumps. Reminds me of the behaviour WinUAE 0.8.8 R8 showed if you ran Chaos Engine on it. Immediate blits on/off and Fast Copper on/off do NOT change the situation in this case.
The ISO is 56 MB in size, but if you zip it it's merely 1.3 MB!
One of the few CD32 games I can upload in the zone, methinks.
Enjoy!

Last edited by andreas; 22 March 2002 at 21:58.
Old 25 October 2005, 16:25   #110
ade

Exclamation CD32 Speed Problem

Hi. Im running a machine using nvidia gforce4 128 mb grahpics card and an amd 1.6GH processor.
Ive managed to emulate the cd32 on winuae. Most of my games work fine. The game i have problems with is Pirates Gold. The sound and graphics are very scracthy and when i play the game the animation is faster then the real thing. To me it seems the emulator is working too fast and the game cant keep up with it. So how do i slow down the emulator so i can get rid of the scratchy stuff.
Believe me ive tried everything i can think of. Please Help