English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 06 March 2003, 09:22   #1
absence

Utility disks and PD archives

Does anyone know if there are archives of the old utility disks that most people kept around just for the sake of X-Copy? It would be interesting to see some of these again, as most of my floppies have rotted.

Similarily, are there any archives of PD (public domain) disks? I already know of the Fish one at ftp.funet.fi, but there were boatloads of others, if I remember correctly.

Old 06 March 2003, 09:24   #2
absence

Oops, wrong forum, however i managed that.. Could someone move this to the right place? Thanks!

Old 06 March 2003, 09:25   #3
Amigaboy

Moved from WinUAE prb to Apps req

Old 06 March 2003, 09:51   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: Utility disks and PD archives

Quote:
Originally posted by absence
Does anyone know if there are archives of the old utility disks that most people kept around just for the sake of X-Copy? It would be interesting to see some of these again, as most of my floppies have rotted.
TOSEC is loaded with them.
Old 06 March 2003, 10:10   #5
absence

Yes, some of them are listed, but not all. Now that I think of it, possibly at least one of the utility floppies that actually worked isn't listed. I'll investigate further after my math exam, perhaps someone could have it added.

Oh, and even if disks are listed in the TOSEC database, it doesn't help me much, as I don't have anywhere to download them from. :)

Old 06 March 2003, 16:03   #6
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

There's also a hackpack which I made myself, available from my site. It contains about 40 venerable utilities including a few versions of X-Copy... :-)

BTW I wonder how many versions of X-Copy were made? I have probably seen about a dozen myself, they are mostly fairly similar though...