English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 19 August 2010, 15:06   #1
Dan333

winuaeloader/minipac problem

Hello,
I have been using winuae to remind me of my old amiga days for some time but recently stumbled upon winuaeloader and decided to have another stab at trying to get amiga games onto my self built arcade cab(currently with mame,zsnes&fusion running through mamewah. I am nearly there but have hit a problem that is defeating me and would be grateful if anyone could help.

I am unable to control winuaeloader with my minipac contol panel ( set to standard ipac outputs). I can remap keys in winuaeloader (using rightxarcade and keybA)so that both players work perfectly from the keyboard with the ipac keys I want, but as soon as I plug in the usb control panel winuae reverts back to the un-remapped keys for player one(ie Num keys instead of arrows) and mouse for player two. Is the problem winuae, winuaeloader or something else - any ideas?
winuaeloader1.72, winuae 2.2

Old 19 August 2010, 15:59   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Start winuae with -log command line parameter (and without minipac), do not start emulation, insert minipac, wait until log messages stop appearing, wait 10 more seconds, attach or email winuaebootlog.txt.
Old 19 August 2010, 17:34   #3
Dan333

Heres the winuaebootlog - hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (12.3 KB, 222 views)

Old 19 August 2010, 17:54   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

does http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip fix it? (if not, attach log again using linked winuae.exe)
Old 19 August 2010, 21:36   #5
Dan333

here's the log from the beta version, though this version doesn't seem to work through winuaeloader.
Just to clarify - the minipac will work in winuae if I load in the whdload config that winuaeloader uses and then remap the inputs for ports0&1 to the default ipac keys but when I try to run it directly through winuaeloader.exe - even with inputs remapped in winuaeloader - it reverts to the default number pad controls
thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlogbeta.txt (10.2 KB, 231 views)

Old 20 August 2010, 09:13   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Do you mean input mapping works if you directly configure winuae (without winuaeloader)? Inputs won't change back to defaults?
Old 20 August 2010, 09:56   #7
Dan333

yes, if I load the whdload.uae config that winuaeloader uses into winuae and then use winuae to remap to default IPac keys everything works as its supposed to.
The problem arises when I run a rom through winuaeloader - with the keys remapped in winuaeloader (but without the IPac connected) the keyboard will work correctly (ie with the default IPac keys) but as soon as the IPac is connected they revert to num pad and mouse.
hope this makes it a bit clearer.

Old 20 August 2010, 11:04   #8
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Ok, I guess winuaeloader does not support new joystick related configuration options that were added in 2.1 or 2.2.
Old 20 August 2010, 11:48   #9
Dan333

So I need to try an older version of winuae? which would you recommend.

Old 20 August 2010, 12:23   #10
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I don't know, I don't support old versions
Old 20 August 2010, 12:50   #11
Dan333

have tried 1.61 and it seems to work perfectly.
thanks for all your help - I was just about ready to give up on all my old amiga faves.

Old 23 August 2010, 18:16   #12
brolly

I'm having problems configuring the controls with winuaeloader as well. I was using the latest winuae version and found out winuaeloader simply didn't work with that one, tried 1.61 and it does seem to do something, but doesn't work at all.

Basically I want to configure the keyboard for player 1 and 2 (later I will use a minipac too, but if I manage to make it work for this it should work with ipac as well). So in Winuaeloader I choose keyboard A for port 0 and keyboard B for por 1, then I tick the enable checkbox on both Keyboard A and Keyboard B and do the mappings I want.
I run the rom from winuaeloader and I simply can't do anything on the game no matter what buttons I press. So what am I doing wrong here? Is this supposed to work?

If I use WinUAE as standalone and do the configurations there everything works as expected of course.

Any help is appreciated