English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 03 January 2019, 06:49   #121
n9yty

As I have it set up right now, some SSL pages load, but not all. I think it is TLS1.0 which many sites are shutting off, but I could be wrong on that point. Seems I had to set an environment variable for that and it allowed some to load. To me, since the web is moving to all SSL (TLS1.2 or better probably) that is more important to me than precise rendering as long as I can see the content. But I know everyone has different ideas of what they are looking for.
Old 14 January 2019, 21:24   #122
savior

i tried chris netsurf build, but do not work propely in my sistem, there is very experimental build.
at moment use twinvnc when to visit no compatible sites on amigas.

hi all
Old 22 January 2019, 21:01   #123
Ledfoot

No idea what it would take to do, especially since it probably depends on a ton of libraries that would also need porting, but what about Chromium? It runs on the RasPi decently. Probably still way too heavy for base 68K amigas, but maybe for higher end 040+ machines with a lot of ram???

I just got a Vampire V2+ on an A500 onto the net last night and yeah I found iBrowse to be workable but a disappointing experience. Will try netsurf tonight. Jus got me wondering if Chromium might be possible to port over.
Old 22 January 2019, 21:31   #124
AMIGASYSTEM

At the moment the best choice for OS3 expanded and NetSurf by Arti, besides being able to browse on numerous sites also allows you to watch videos on Youtube, you can see it in my video.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 03 February 2019, 02:43   #125
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
At the moment the best choice for OS3 expanded and NetSurf by Arti, besides being able to browse on numerous sites also allows you to watch videos on Youtube, you can see it in my video.

[ Show youtube player ]
I disagree, you are making your tests with UAE, wich is NOT expanded amiga. With real amiga hardware best choise is Netsurf by Chris.

I ques with Vampire it is about what you like. Arti's fork doesn't multitask, like actual Netsurf does. It's GUI is not very "amiga like". It requires quite much more horse power and ram than Chris' Netsurf. These make Arti's fork feel really slow with real hardware.

Netsurf requires render and guigfx libraries.

Watching youtube videos is possible, but pointless with Vampire. They are needed to convert mpg1 videos, before playing. There are web services wich can do that but also vampire can do that. After all Vampire is only about 233mhz 68060 wich is not a much in real life, much less than AMIGASYSTEM's emulated enviroments.

Last edited by utri007; 03 February 2019 at 02:53.
Old 10 February 2019, 22:35   #126
apex

Netsurf by Chris (ReAction version) is nice, I am downloading the beta builds. Hope there will be a final version for 3.x. Sadly it is still freezing and crashing after quitting.
Old 11 February 2019, 00:35   #127
Retro1234
Bo Bo

A fairly simple utility could be made to read pages like EAB - utility downloads the web page first then utility reads text only! from page, the design of the page is done already by the utility maybe open pictures if wanted in separate picture viewer like multiview.Would probably work ok on 68000 main processesing power I would guess would be downloading web page.Avatars etc could be stored as simple iffs within app.

At least EAB could be read on Amiga satisfactory.
Probably best opens own screen not WB.

If Aminet utility Wget works such an App could be made in Amos or Blitz etc.

Last edited by Retro1234; 11 February 2019 at 00:44.
Old 11 February 2019, 00:55   #128
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Send a message via Yahoo to Samurai_Crow
Re: forum browser
EAB has the Tapatalk forum browser plug-in so a port of Owl would work. Owl is written in open source C++ with the parser possibly written in Lua. Unfortunately Owl is heavily dependent on the Qt framework so it only works on 64 bit CPUs.
Old 11 February 2019, 01:02   #129
Retro1234
Bo Bo

I am thinking more you download the page as HTML dont know how this would work maybe WGet then the text is simply displayed in a type of text viewer with forum GUI, Im guessing this is what Owl does but this is so simple that should be made from the ground up so to work on even most basic Amiga.
Old 11 February 2019, 01:11   #130
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Send a message via Yahoo to Samurai_Crow
When you download raw HTML 4 with WGet it is already paginated and has all the image, button tags and banners added in making it almost impossible to parse down to rich text. That's why using the Tapatalk plug-in to grab individual posts, one at a time, is much better. Either way is still HTML but less with a plug-in or web proxy.
Old 11 February 2019, 01:34   #131
Retro1234
Bo Bo

im probably not going to have a look but Im guessing its not too hard to write some code to skim through the HTML reading the text.
Old 16 February 2019, 16:56   #132
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior View Post
i tried chris netsurf build, but do not work propely in my sistem, there is very experimental build.

hi all
What you mean? Do not work propely, how so? Wich versions of guigfx and render libraries you use? What is your Amiga's CPU? How much RAM? Did you made a bug report to Chris?

Last one most important! How it will ever evolve, if people doesn't report bugs?

It has worked very well with my systems. I don't even have usual crash on exit bug.
Old 16 February 2019, 18:58   #133
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior View Post

hi all
Salvatore, i have no problem getting into the various sites, it's a bit slow but I have no block.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 26 February 2019 at 23:48.
Old 17 February 2019, 22:22   #134
savior

I use the guigfx.library that is on aminet, the most recent and with regard to the render.library I'm using the version in asm, now I'll try to download the last build and I'll try, maybe it's the render.library in asm the problem, my system is amithlon
Old 17 February 2019, 22:23   #135
savior

when I open another tab and then close it, the program crashes and also when resizing the window disappear the navigation buttons and the address bar, however with this version that with the sdl I have problems with secure connections, with version 3.6 sdl no

Last edited by savior; 17 February 2019 at 23:14.
Old 17 February 2019, 23:24   #136
savior

however I'm using voyager 3.2 is at least 5 times faster to load the pages of ibrowse and 10 of netsurf, you should update the openssl library, it seems to me that already supports html 4
Old 18 February 2019, 08:58   #137
Locutus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow View Post
When you download raw HTML 4 with WGet it is already paginated and has all the image, button tags and banners added in making it almost impossible to parse down to rich text. That's why using the Tapatalk plug-in to grab individual posts, one at a time, is much better. Either way is still HTML but less with a plug-in or web proxy.

Its far easier then you think, take a actual look at the HTML....

Every post is in its own table with a id=<postid> with seperate divs for user details and the text, the table of tables is always present in its own fixed location in the tree.

Essentially, do 1 query something like:
'//posts/[contains(id, posts)' -> get list of all sequential post ID's -> then select poster details td and postdata text.

Both referenced by the same post ID which you can find with:
`//*[@id "td_post_{}"]'

Its 3 fucking XPATH selectors, i suppose xmlstarlet works on AmigaOS so this shouldn't take you more then an hour >