English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 21 February 2018, 09:57   #21
Gzegzolka
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Warszawa / Polska
Posts: 1,237
It would be so cool if one day this version would be released
Gzegzolka is offline  
Old 27 February 2018, 12:22   #22
sokolovic
Registered User

sokolovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Marseille / France
Posts: 224
Any news ? That's strange that such a big new isn't stiring the Amiga community.
sokolovic is offline  
Old 01 March 2018, 08:47   #23
spacey
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 44
i'd certainly love this to see the light of day! many fond memories of HG back in the day
spacey is offline  
Old 30 April 2018, 21:08   #24
spudje
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 921
Any updates? I hoped the retrohour interview led to a release...
spudje is offline  
Old 30 April 2018, 21:12   #25
Amigajay
醉拳
Amigajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: >
Posts: 2,055
No, but good reminder, he said he was putting a video together, but no show on that either!
Amigajay is offline  
Old 03 June 2018, 01:45   #26
Anachronist
Registered User

 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 60
Still no word? I would do terrible things for an improved Hired Guns.
Anachronist is offline  
Old 16 June 2018, 23:05   #27
danwood_uk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 17
Hey all, just an update - I am still working on this. I've got the game booting and burned a successful CD32 image from the archives I received. However, the CD32 enhancements look like an animated intro... which doesn't work currently. It just shows a few still frames then progresses into the main game, which doesn't really look any more enhanced over the original Amiga version from initial impressions except it has CD32 controller support.

I am working with someone who has some good CDXL knowledge to try and get the intro working. The image is around 15MB so there is a good 12 MB of extra data on this version, hopefully we can unlock that goodness.

But at the moment, not really much more to show than a version of the A500 game with CD32 controller support, but it is a work in progress.

That said, I also have some very interesting artwork and internal development notes in the archive which I can hopefully share at some point, they make very interesting reading!

Last edited by danwood_uk; 16 June 2018 at 23:38.
danwood_uk is offline  
Old 16 June 2018, 23:47   #28
NeoHippie2016
Freak
NeoHippie2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Gladbeck
Age: 42
Posts: 330
Happy

Can't waiting for...
NeoHippie2016 is offline  
Old 17 June 2018, 00:14   #29
Amigajay
醉拳
Amigajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: >
Posts: 2,055
Sounds standard for a CD32 enhanced version then, though the rumours of 256 colour in-game graphics dont look like they were true then, or either they werent passed on to the coders for the latest build at the time when they cancelled it?
Amigajay is offline  
Old 09 January 2019, 15:48   #30
Lorfarius
Registered User
Lorfarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Glossop/UK
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwood_uk View Post
Hey all, just an update - I am still working on this. I've got the game booting and burned a successful CD32 image from the archives I received. However, the CD32 enhancements look like an animated intro... which doesn't work currently. It just shows a few still frames then progresses into the main game, which doesn't really look any more enhanced over the original Amiga version from initial impressions except it has CD32 controller support.

I am working with someone who has some good CDXL knowledge to try and get the intro working. The image is around 15MB so there is a good 12 MB of extra data on this version, hopefully we can unlock that goodness.

But at the moment, not really much more to show than a version of the A500 game with CD32 controller support, but it is a work in progress.

That said, I also have some very interesting artwork and internal development notes in the archive which I can hopefully share at some point, they make very interesting reading!

Any updates?
Lorfarius is offline  
Old 07 February 2019, 14:15   #31
Anachronist
Registered User

 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 60
One of the things mentioned were improved/more sounds in the AGA version. Have you noticed any or seen any additional sound files?
Anachronist is offline  
Old 08 February 2019, 03:05   #32
xubidoo
Scoobydoo

xubidoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: blackburn UK
Age: 52
Posts: 49
i hope something comes of this at some point, loved playing it on the A1200 back in the day with the extra sound effects the A1200 gave
xubidoo is offline  
Old 13 February 2019, 20:37   #33
AmigaHope
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Sandusky
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronist View Post
One of the things mentioned were improved/more sounds in the AGA version. Have you noticed any or seen any additional sound files?
I'm pretty sure the original game had improved/more sounds if you had at least 1M of fast RAM and at least 1M of chip RAM with either ECS or AGA. Don't think it had any benefit from 2M of chip RAM.
AmigaHope is offline  
Old 16 February 2019, 12:06   #34
Anachronist
Registered User

 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaHope View Post
I'm pretty sure the original game had improved/more sounds if you had at least 1M of fast RAM and at least 1M of chip RAM with either ECS or AGA. Don't think it had any benefit from 2M of chip RAM.
Yes that's right. What I'm referring to is an interview where the programmer was describing some of the differences in the unreleased AGA version and one of the things that he mentioned were more sound effects.
Anachronist is offline  
Old 16 February 2019, 13:38   #35
AmigaHope
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Sandusky
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronist View Post
Yes that's right. What I'm referring to is an interview where the programmer was describing some of the differences in the unreleased AGA version and one of the things that he mentioned were more sound effects.
So was it basically an ECS version that could use 2M chipmem or did it actually use AGA-only features? The existing ECS version wants 2M total (of which 1M is chipmem), so if they did an AGA version it would still only have 2M to work with on a base A1200, but maybe they similarly would enhance the AGA version so it would fill up more chipmem with effects if you had FAST RAM?
AmigaHope is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hired Guns 2 Altman request.Old Rare Games 12 19 January 2014 20:23
Hired Guns Biddy Oldfella request.Old Rare Games 13 06 November 2006 01:32
Hired Guns Unregistered support.Games 1 04 December 2004 17:49
Hired Guns Petronius request.Old Rare Games 5 13 April 2004 17:19
Hired Guns Slayer request.Old Rare Games 1 27 August 2003 22:55

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.08455 seconds with 15 queries