English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 02 January 2010, 11:04   #241
Cammy
Registered User
Cammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Age: 36
Posts: 1,145
Good Amiga games have the option for both (up to jump or button 2 to jump), to make everyone happy! I certainly would always give the user the option to choose in any game I make.
Cammy is offline  
Old 02 January 2010, 14:08   #242
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 49
Posts: 12,172
Quote:
For the Amiga Fans

We thank you for your countless emails and support. Many of you have expressed interest in purchasing the Amiga version when its available. Since there is no self-publishing platform for the Amiga, we are planning to self-publish the game in a nice collectable packaging and make it available for purchase online. We hope we can finance this project through iPhone sales, so please help us spread the word about this game and the legendary Amiga.
Sounds great. The site is updated now.

http://babyloniantwins.com/
Retro-Nerd is online now  
Old 02 January 2010, 21:50   #243
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant
Predseda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Townsville
Age: 43
Posts: 6,374
Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I already sent them the email with the question:

"Did you do any investigation how much the Amigans would like to spend for boxed Babylonian Twins?"

Me personally, would give for it 20-30 USD, if the box would be nice and consist the manual. What do you think about that price? Too much? Too less?
Predseda is online now  
Old 02 January 2010, 21:53   #244
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 49
Posts: 12,172
I think 20 US$ would be fair enough for a boxed version.
Retro-Nerd is online now  
Old 02 January 2010, 21:56   #245
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant
Predseda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Townsville
Age: 43
Posts: 6,374
Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
BTW: I wonder what type of media would they use for distribution. CD probably?
Predseda is online now  
Old 02 January 2010, 22:01   #246
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
I think 20 US$ would be fair enough for a boxed version.
Those guys deserve to make money from this game when you consider the risks that were taken when it was being developed.

So yes, I too would pay US$20 for a boxed version of Babylonian Twins, so long as the box is designed not to get crushed in transit.

My boxed copy of AmigaOS 4.0 was crushed flat when I received it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
I wonder what type of media would they use for distribution. CD probably?
Yes, I would think so.
prowler is offline  
Old 03 January 2010, 14:31   #247
nujack
Zone Friend
nujack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Leipzig/Germany
Age: 46
Posts: 429
Price is o.k. from my point of view
nujack is offline  
Old 04 January 2010, 14:07   #248
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 24,024
It's good to see the updated site Will surely buy my copy once it's released and I hope the price will be around 20$.
TCD is offline  
Old 04 January 2010, 14:46   #249
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant
Predseda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Townsville
Age: 43
Posts: 6,374
Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I am afraid for 20 bucks there wouldnt be even an empty box

Last edited by Predseda; 04 January 2010 at 15:01.
Predseda is online now  
Old 04 January 2010, 15:10   #250
AmigaBoy
Registered User

 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 19 Jump Street
Posts: 236
I commend these guys for what they have achieved. I don't recall if the demo played well or not (it's been way too long to remember), but doing what they did is something special. I also commend them for trying to make money from the game. They've put in the time, so why not be rewarded for it? With that said, I won't be buying the game.

My point of view, which I have no doubt will make me a few enemies, is that I can't see myself spending money on it. Yes, it's a "new" game, and I'm sure it's going to be packaged and presented well, but buying Amiga games is something I don't do anymore. I'm not saying I pirate new titles, nor do I condone the practice, but I won't buy a new Amiga game. If that means I'll never get to play it, so be it.

I truly hope that in addition to the game that you can buy, a full version will also be made downloadable for free. The likelihood is that even if it was free, I'll play it for 1 hour and put it away never to be played again. Real life prevents me from spending too much time playing games nowadays, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't like the option of booting it up on occasion.

My memory is hazy, so I'm sure I'm leaving out a few details, but I seem to recall the Metal Warrior games on the C64 (or at least, the later ones), have both a pay and a free version. I seem to recall it did well enough in sales that they even had a "limited edition" version of one of them.

Those of us that are going to buy a game will buy it regardless of whether or not there's a free version, while those of us that never had any intention of buying will probably never buy it.

Anyway, best of luck.
AmigaBoy is offline  
Old 04 January 2010, 16:13   #251
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 45
Posts: 9,213
It's being ported to the Xbox so hopefully the PS3 will also see a release
BippyM is offline  
Old 04 January 2010, 16:23   #252
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 49
Posts: 12,172
XBox? Announced are the IPhone and Amiga versions so far.
Retro-Nerd is online now  
Old 04 January 2010, 16:52   #253
Chain
A-Collector, repairments

Chain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Czech Rep.
Age: 47
Posts: 1,536
Send a message via ICQ to Chain
it WAS planned for x, it was written even on that banner on homepage, but it dissapears last week or so...
Chain is offline  
Old 04 January 2010, 16:53   #254
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

T_hairy_bootson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 2,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
XBox? Announced are the IPhone and Amiga versions so far.


T_hairy_bootson is offline  
Old 04 January 2010, 17:05   #255
Chain
A-Collector, repairments

Chain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Czech Rep.
Age: 47
Posts: 1,536
Send a message via ICQ to Chain
http://web.archive.org/web/200403202...niantwins.com/

and look at that date
Chain is offline  
Old 04 January 2010, 17:45   #256
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 45
Posts: 9,213
http://www.cosmosinteractive.com/
BippyM is offline  
Old 04 January 2010, 18:21   #257
Chain
A-Collector, repairments

Chain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Czech Rep.
Age: 47
Posts: 1,536
Send a message via ICQ to Chain
"Facebook platforms"
holy moly
Chain is offline  
Old 05 January 2010, 08:12   #258
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant
Predseda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Townsville
Age: 43
Posts: 6,374
Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I commend these guys for what they have achieved. I don't recall if the demo played well or not (it's been way too long to remember), but doing what they did is something special. I also commend them for trying to make money from the game. They've put in the time, so why not be rewarded for it? With that said, I won't be buying the game.

My point of view, which I have no doubt will make me a few enemies, is that I can't see myself spending money on it. Yes, it's a "new" game, and I'm sure it's going to be packaged and presented well, but buying Amiga games is something I don't do anymore. I'm not saying I pirate new titles, nor do I condone the practice, but I won't buy a new Amiga game. If that means I'll never get to play it, so be it.

I truly hope that in addition to the game that you can buy, a full version will also be made downloadable for free. The likelihood is that even if it was free, I'll play it for 1 hour and put it away never to be played again. Real life prevents me from spending too much time playing games nowadays, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't like the option of booting it up on occasion.

My memory is hazy, so I'm sure I'm leaving out a few details, but I seem to recall the Metal Warrior games on the C64 (or at least, the later ones), have both a pay and a free version. I seem to recall it did well enough in sales that they even had a "limited edition" version of one of them.

Those of us that are going to buy a game will buy it regardless of whether or not there's a free version, while those of us that never had any intention of buying will probably never buy it.

Anyway, best of luck.
Of course, it is everyone's decision. I also think buying new game for obsolete platform is a bit crazy, but I collect games and I will be glad to support this project with my money.
Predseda is online now  
Old 05 January 2010, 10:30   #259
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 47
Posts: 2,558
I have no problem with forking out $20 US Its an AMIGA GAME! that NONE of us have played from start to finish and its QUALITY! A chance like this will probably never come again for us so paying for it need not be questioned, plus those guys busted their arses to make it! so!!!.... lets ALL pay for it and NO-ONE get a non legit copy!
blade002 is offline  
Old 05 January 2010, 11:36   #260
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant
Predseda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Townsville
Age: 43
Posts: 6,374
Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Everyone should get his copy dedicated and so mentioned his name in the startup - titles in the game intro
Predseda is online now  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Babylonian Twins Demo TroelsDK project.WHDLoad 11 16 March 2013 12:52
Who's willing to pay for Babylonian Twins TCD project.aGTW 51 22 December 2010 12:30
Interview with Babylonian Twins developer AmigaFriend Amiga scene 6 27 June 2010 02:38
Agricola and Babylonian Twins CodyJarrett project.aGTW 2 20 January 2009 13:59
Babylonian Twins Retro-Nerd HOL data problems 0 06 October 2008 18:39

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10085 seconds with 13 queries