English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 21 February 2021, 21:01   #4081
enigma776
Bringer of Death

enigma776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Age: 37
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
You wouldn't normally, I was just experimenting to see what was causing the crash.
Did you check the CRC of the disk images?
enigma776 is online now  
Old 21 February 2021, 21:29   #4082
Radertified
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: -
Posts: 521
I checked the CRC's of my disks and they match.

Now here's the part that kills me. I just tried it many times and each and every time it asked for disk 1 when I died, so it worked.

When I posted, and even hours ago when I tried again, it kept crashing. It wouldn't ask for disk 1.

Why in the world would it suddenly start working? I don't know :/

EDIT:

It crashed again. This time I tried selecting NO for all options in the trainer menu.
I get the feeling it's when you set "Intro End Of Game" to NO that it crashes. That's what it does for me at least.
The other 2 options seem to work fine.

So I guess it does kinda sorta work for me now, and that's ok. Carry on.

EDIT 2:
Yes, confirmed. If you set "Intro End Of Game" to NO, it doesn't ask for disk 1. It gurus.
The game might be 100% (I haven't tested) and the trainer might be too (I haven't tested), but the additional features of the trainer certainly aren't

Last edited by Radertified; 21 February 2021 at 22:03.
Radertified is offline  
Old 21 February 2021, 23:55   #4083
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,174
Not the first time some trainer options don't work correctly on a disk...

Trust me, the game, unlimited energy and skipping the intro works 100%, I've finished it myself
DamienD is offline  
Old 22 February 2021, 01:40   #4084
Radertified
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: -
Posts: 521
When I said might be 100%, I wasn't implying they weren't. If you say it's 100%, I believe you
Radertified is offline  
Old 22 February 2021, 14:40   #4085
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Here is Arti's Amiga port of OpenTyrian
So please just download / extract this archive into "C:\WinUAE".
I spent many hours finishing this game on the weekend, loads and loads of stages, and cool game.

Soe of the bonus stages are impossible though, but luckily you can skip them...

When you finish the game there is a message about typing "TECHNO" at the menu screen in order to play with a prototype ship.

Last edited by DamienD; 22 February 2021 at 16:25. Reason: Fixed spelling mistakes...
DamienD is offline  
Old 22 February 2021, 15:33   #4086
enigma776
Bringer of Death

enigma776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Age: 37
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I spent many hours finishing this game on the weekend, loads and loads of stages, and cool game.

Sone of the bonus stages are impossible though, but luckily you can skip them.

When you finish the game there is a message about tying TECHNO at the menu screen to play the game with a prototype ship.
That ship is really really OP.
enigma776 is online now  
Old 22 February 2021, 20:44   #4087
philgood1351fr
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Coulommiers/France
Posts: 45
just finished to install the whole including updates and just one word....
WHAOOUUUUUU.
Fantastic package.
Thanks a million DamienD.
philgood1351fr is offline  
Old 22 February 2021, 21:05   #4088
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,174
I have to say; a few new people to my collection have donated recently

...not necessary, but I thank you all very much

Edit: to add to the above, superduckuk sent me £50 today; I'm absolutely gobsmacked

Imagine if the 1500+ people that have my collection donated say £10 each; I'd be a rich man

...but my collection has never been about making money, even though it's taken 18 years of hard work. I'm just happy that people enjoy and appreciate all the effort I've put in

Last edited by DamienD; 22 February 2021 at 21:20.
DamienD is offline  
Old 22 February 2021, 21:30   #4089
superduckuk
Registered User

 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Derby
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I have to say; a few new people to my collection have donated recently

...not necessary, but I thank you all very much

Edit: to add to the above, superduckuk sent me £50 today; I'm absolutely gobsmacked

Imagine if the 1500+ people that have my collection donated say £10 each; I'd be a rich man

...but my collection has never been about making money, even though it's taken 18 years of hard work. I'm just happy that people enjoy and appreciate all the effort I've put in
Worth it fella, definitely worth it!
superduckuk is offline  
Old 23 February 2021, 14:18   #4090
speshady
Registered User

speshady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: currently in Glasgow, from Derbyshire/England
Age: 47
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I spent many hours finishing this game on the weekend, loads and loads of stages, and cool game.

Soe of the bonus stages are impossible though, but luckily you can skip them...

When you finish the game there is a message about typing "TECHNO" at the menu screen in order to play with a prototype ship.

Yes good game. I completed it when it first came out on PC many moons ago.
speshady is online now  
Old 23 February 2021, 19:35   #4091
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by philgood1351fr View Post
just finished to install the whole including updates and just one word....
WHAOOUUUUUU.
Fantastic package.
Thanks a million DamienD.
Sure, no problem
DamienD is offline  
Old 26 February 2021, 14:06   #4092
hitm4n
Registered User
hitm4n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lincoln, UK
Posts: 366
Hi Damien. I've had a chance now to take a good look through the gameslist. Its so complete. Brought back a lot of memories and reminded me of many great games i haven't played for about 25 years. I've got my emulation PC up and running now connected to my TV and its networked so i can just copy over the entire WinUAE setup and just sit and play games for evermore. Very nice, and thanks for putting it all together.

I have found only 3 titles that i would suggest for inclusion.

"Nibby Nibble" A great snake game, different to Super Nibbly which you have included. Hope you like it.
"Schelobers Quest For A Babe" Try it.
"Quest For Galaxia" A very small, but very neat galaxians game with cool music as i recall.

I found 1 error amongst the games. When i got to "Rogue Trooper", the screenshots didn't show. I wondered why, and i found that the Rogue Trooper game folder was inside the "Rogue - Adventure Game" folder. I might have accidentally dragged it in there myself, so forgive me if all looks good your end. I had to reset the additional information link to the games uae config file, but once i did and reloaded, the screenshots were back and all is good. Hopefully it was my error.

I'm going to be playing a lot of games now the weekend is here Thanks again.

Last edited by hitm4n; 26 February 2021 at 15:22. Reason: added 2 more requests
hitm4n is offline  
Old 26 February 2021, 20:55   #4093
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitm4n View Post
Hi Damien. I've had a chance now to take a good look through the gameslist. Its so complete. Brought back a lot of memories and reminded me of many great games i haven't played for about 25 years. I've got my emulation PC up and running now connected to my TV and its networked so i can just copy over the entire WinUAE setup and just sit and play games for evermore. Very nice, and thanks for putting it all together.

I have found only 3 titles that i would suggest for inclusion.

"Nibby Nibble" A great snake game, different to Super Nibbly which you have included. Hope you like it.
"Schelobers Quest For A Babe" Try it.
"Quest For Galaxia" A very small, but very neat galaxians game with cool music as i recall.
Nibby Nibble; looks ok. I've already added Super Nibbly in, which is very similar.

Schelobers Quest For A Babe; what type of game is it? Not many screenshots on HOL and no category.

Quest For Galaxia. Never heard of this, watched a YouTube video... look okish.

[ Show youtube player ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitm4n View Post
I found 1 error amongst the games. When i got to "Rogue Trooper", the screenshots didn't show. I wondered why, and i found that the Rogue Trooper game folder was inside the "Rogue - Adventure Game" folder. I might have accidentally dragged it in there myself, so forgive me if all looks good your end. I had to reset the additional information link to the games uae config file, but once i did and reloaded, the screenshots were back and all is good. Hopefully it was my error.
Definitely your error; all good here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitm4n View Post
I'm going to be playing a lot of games now the weekend is here Thanks again.
Have fun

Last edited by DamienD; 26 February 2021 at 21:15. Reason: Fixed spelling mistakes...
DamienD is offline  
Old 27 February 2021, 15:55   #4094
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitm4n View Post
Hey Damien. You know, i got so stuck in looking through my old disklist last night, i didn't play a single game yet! Todays the day, i'm going to make sure of it

Anyway, as i mentioned in another thread somewhere, i have compiled a list of all the games i used to own which are not in your collection. Whether these have been recommended before, whether you'll like them, i don't know. But maybe some of these will help you get to that magic "update 50"

I've grabbed a link for each to help, HOL where possible, then Lemon, then somewhere else. Some might be tricky to find (Breakin' Briks maybe), i have marked a few i think are more worthy than the others too with *, ** or *** stars.

Here goes.
***Act Of War (PD)(Like Laser Squad)(https://hol.abime.net/5986)
*Arazoks Tomb (PD)(D&D adventure)(https://hol.abime.net/3292)
**Breakin' Briks (PD)(Breakout type)( [ Show youtube player ])
*Caverunner (PD)(Boulderdash type)(https://hol.abime.net/5933)
***Clik Clak (https://hol.abime.net/3042)
*Flaschbier (PD)(Kinda boulderdash)(https://hol.abime.net/3864)
**Galactic: The Vision Game (https://hol.abime.net/2689)
**Galactic: The Xmas Edition (https://hol.abime.net/2689)
***Global Thermonuclear War (SW)(https://hol.abime.net/5207)
**High Octane (PD)(https://hol.abime.net/5755)
*Hyperdome (https://hol.abime.net/769)
*Imbrium (Dizzy style)(https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=4340)
*Impact 95 (Breakout style)(https://hol.abime.net/2617)
***Jelly Othelly (PD)(http://aminet.net/package/game/think/JellyOthelly)
*Keef The Thief (https://hol.abime.net/2551)
**Knights (PD)(https://hol.abime.net/4543)
*Master Mage (https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=4480)
***Metamorphosis (PD)(https://hol.abime.net/5372)
***Mindfighter (Adventure (Great Story))(https://hol.abime.net/2487)
*Psycheual (PD)(Unfinished?)(https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=51437)
**Pump Up The Volume (PD)(https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=4482)
**RoboSport (https://hol.abime.net/1263)
*Seven Tiles (PD)(https://hol.abime.net/3977)
*Steel Empire (https://hol.abime.net/2116)
**The Hellrun (PD)(https://hol.abime.net/692)
**Tomcat (SW)(https://hol.abime.net/4571)(First FMV game ever on Amiga?)
**Wet Beaver Tennis (http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=3119)(Includes a Pong game with great samples)
**Workaholic ( [ Show youtube player ])

Have fun.
Simon.
Hi Simon,

Thanks for that, I'll take a look when I get some time and add anything I consider decent

As for game suggestion, people use this thread so not to clog up this one with game requests, and I can keep track of things: Request for any gems
DamienD is offline  
Old 27 February 2021, 18:52   #4095
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

malko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: CH
Posts: 3,313
Just clicked on "Workaholic" to see and... thanks, I will try to find it and play asap
malko is offline  
Old 28 February 2021, 17:20   #4096
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,174
Here is the second part of "Update Pack #48"

Details are as follows:

1 game update:
... Gods

2 game renames:
... Mini Slug [RTG] [Arcade conversion] --> Mini Slug Project [RTG] [Arcade conversion]
... Rebel GW24 Solar System [AGA] [modification] --> Rebel GW24 Solar System [unreleased] [full game] [modification]

1 title / sshot update:
... Tower of Babel

1 new "cheats / hints / level codes / manuals / maps / walkthroughs" addition:
... Steel Empire

10 new game additions:


Code:
Arazok's Tomb
High Octane
Impact 95
Kaizokuban
Keef the Thief - A Boy and his Lockpick
Realms of Power [AmigaCD] [RTG]   [unreleased] [demo]
RoboSport
Steel Empire
Tyrian [RTG]   [OpenTyrian]
Workoholic - Ugly Jack in the Storehouse
This now brings the total number of games in my collection to 3260

It's currently uploading and PMs will be sent shortly
DamienD is offline  
Old 28 February 2021, 17:27   #4097
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 730
Brilliant Thanks ;-)
Viceroy is offline  
Old 28 February 2021, 18:17   #4098
Nerces
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: France
Posts: 7
As always, very nice job Damien. Thank you so much!
Nerces is offline  
Old 28 February 2021, 18:30   #4099
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Here is the second part of "Update Pack #48"

Details are as follows:

1 game update:
... Gods

2 game renames:
... Mini Slug [RTG] [Arcade conversion] --> Mini Slug Project [RTG] [Arcade conversion]
... Rebel GW24 Solar System [AGA] [modification] --> Rebel GW24 Solar System [unreleased] [full game] [modification]

1 title / sshot update:
... Tower of Babel

1 new "cheats / hints / level codes / manuals / maps / walkthroughs" addition:
... Steel Empire

10 new game additions:


Code:
Arazok's Tomb
High Octane
Impact 95
Kaizokuban
Keef the Thief - A Boy and his Lockpick
Realms of Power [AmigaCD] [RTG]   [unreleased] [demo]
RoboSport
Steel Empire
Tyrian [RTG]   [OpenTyrian]
Workoholic - Ugly Jack in the Storehouse
This now brings the total number of games in my collection to 3260

It's currently uploading and PMs will be sent shortly
Bah, I just rechecked everything as I usually do... I made one small mistake

Forgot to change RoboSport from 640 x 480 --> 720 x 576.

This has now been done, so please just download / extract this archive into "C:\WinUAE".

Last edited by DamienD; 28 February 2021 at 19:55. Reason: Fixed spelling mistakes...
DamienD is offline  
Old 28 February 2021, 19:37   #4100
djcasey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: lodz/poland
Posts: 47
DamienD thx for your work got a question is possible to add Darkseed 2 (MAC) ??, only first part was out on amiga
djcasey is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (4 members and 3 guests)
wanderer, enigma776, Exodous, ransom1122
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"reInstallDDWC.cmd" for DamienD's WinUAE Collection malko project.MAGE 49 09 April 2021 23:34
"Unofficial" Update Packs - DamienD's WinUAE Collection DamienD project.MAGE 58 13 March 2021 18:27
DamienD's WinUAE Collection - [720x576] Old vs New Scanlines DamienD support.Other 50 21 October 2018 00:52
[DamienD] WinUAE v3.2.2 - Games "DAT File" DamienD request.Old Rare Games 29 10 February 2016 00:02

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.30582 seconds with 16 queries