English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 October 2022, 12:40   #61
phasermaniac

ok thanks.
For me if I launch a game with the commandline, it shows every time. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Old 12 October 2022, 16:29   #62
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasermaniac View Post
Hi! Is there any way to remove the Winuae Public Beta Disclaimer? (this is unstable software...)
I don't find any option to do it.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by phasermaniac View Post
ok thanks.
For me if I launch a game with the commandline, it shows every time. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
It can be disabled but it won't be explained here and it will change if it gets used too much

Perhaps for some reason there is no write access to winuae registry entry or winue.ini is write-protected? This message will appear once/beta version. Every time different beta version is run, message will (usually) reappear.
Old 12 October 2022, 22:57   #63
phasermaniac

Ok thanks. So its working anormaly on my side.
I'll take a look to write access
Old 13 October 2022, 12:56   #64
Mclane
Old retro god.

Having looked at the way the beta message works I can only agree that you may have a process blocking 'writes', normally these processes only block certain stuff..

Not that my word means anything..Anyway, this isn't directly beta series related..
Old 13 October 2022, 13:54   #65
Ponki1986

I think I found a little glitch. In the configuration, I have set the Native modes to be displayed in full screen, and the RTG modes in the full window. When I load the configuration, I see such settings in the Host>Display tab. But as soon as I click start and after a while I press F12, there is also a full window in the place of Native. The settings were changed automatically. Of course I can change it back but why has it changed by itself.

Another thing is the Host>Filter tab, and there the Extra Settings function for RTG modes. There, I have Point/Bilinear 3:3 set, and the slider is set to 1. Windows desktop screen is set to 1024x768 resolution, Workbench screen in RTG - full window mode, also in this resolution. And the image is displayed on 26" LCD. Until now, only games and programs using RTG had a nice blurry image when their resolution was lower than Workbench. Now also the Workbench screen is blurry and I have to set the slider to 0 in the settings.
Old 13 October 2022, 17:48   #66
8bitbubsy

PAL Hi-res mode in Workbench is broken again, just like an old beta (I reported this issue exactly one year ago).
If you disable "Remove interlace artifacts", it works fine. I am using a config from 4.9.1, in case that can cause any issues.

Old 13 October 2022, 20:23   #67
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponki1986 View Post
I think I found a little glitch. In the configuration, I have set the Native modes to be displayed in full screen, and the RTG modes in the full window. When I load the configuration, I see such settings in the Host>Display tab. But as soon as I click start and after a while I press F12, there is also a full window in the place of Native. The settings were changed automatically. Of course I can change it back but why has it changed by itself.

Another thing is the Host>Filter tab, and there the Extra Settings function for RTG modes. There, I have Point/Bilinear 3:3 set, and the slider is set to 1. Windows desktop screen is set to 1024x768 resolution, Workbench screen in RTG - full window mode, also in this resolution. And the image is displayed on 26" LCD. Until now, only games and programs using RTG had a nice blurry image when their resolution was lower than Workbench. Now also the Workbench screen is blurry and I have to set the slider to 0 in the settings.
Sounds like you used DirectDraw previously which is now gone, replaced with GDI mode that does not support full screen and have different scaling method.

Check misc panel graphics API and select D3D9/11 unless you have very good reason to not use it.
Old 14 October 2022, 17:33   #68
Ponki1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Sounds like you used DirectDraw previously which is now gone, replaced with GDI mode that does not support full screen and have different scaling method.

Check misc panel graphics API and select D3D9/11 unless you have very good reason to not use it.
I have many reasons for just using Direct3D. An example is Bezels/Overlay which I often use to make games look better on my 26" LCD.

I found the reason for the automatic switching of Native modes from Full Screen to Full Window. The error log states that Direct3D version 11 could not be initialised and automatically switched to version 9. I saved the configuration with the version 9 setting and after a reboot everything was fine as I wanted. Native modes used Full Screen and RTG used Full Window. It's a bit strange that I can't use Direct3D version 11, as I have KB2670838 and KB2834140 installed. I have tried the Hardware and Software settings. On the other hand, after installing DirectX Jun2010 Redist Direct3D version 9 works very well. GDI also works, but then Overlay and filters cannot be enabled. The screen blur I wrote about earlier also disappears when GDI is selected. Here I still don't know why in earlier versions of WinUAE only the smaller RTG resolutions were smoothed nicely, but now also the larger one that Workbench uses.

Last edited by Ponki1986; 14 October 2022 at 17:40.
Old 14 October 2022, 18:24   #69
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I have many reasons for just using Direct3D. An example is Bezels/Overlay which I often use to make games look better on my 26" LCD.

I found the reason for the automatic switching of Native modes from Full Screen to Full Window. The error log states that Direct3D version 11 could not be initialised and automatically switched to version 9. I saved the configuration with the version 9 setting and after a reboot everything was fine as I wanted. Native modes used Full Screen and RTG used Full Window. It's a bit strange that I can't use Direct3D version 11, as I have KB2670838 and KB2834140 installed. I have tried the Hardware and Software settings. On the other hand, after installing DirectX Jun2010 Redist Direct3D version 9 works very well. GDI also works, but then Overlay and filters cannot be enabled. The screen blur I wrote about earlier also disappears when GDI is selected. Here I still don't know why in earlier versions of WinUAE only the smaller RTG resolutions were smoothed nicely, but now also the larger one that Workbench uses.
Ok, so it was not GDI. D3D9/11 modes should still be exact same as previously. Did you recheck that 4.9.1 work differently? (It is not some driver change or GPU profile change etc..)

Select D3D11 with logging enabled and check winuaelog.txt. Perhaps there is some missing driver/HW requirement or something like that.
Old 14 October 2022, 18:46   #70
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Speaking of GDI vs DX is GDI brighter than DirectX? Is that a thing with GDI or a bug? I get a scrambled screen if I enable "Remove interlace artifacts" but not when its off.
Old 14 October 2022, 19:37   #71
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Speaking of GDI vs DX is GDI brighter than DirectX? Is that a thing with GDI or a bug? I get a scrambled screen if I enable "Remove interlace artifacts" but not when its off.
GDI just copy internal bitmap to desktop using basic win32 GDI functions, it shouldn't affect brightness. Perhaps you have some GPU specific config for Direct3D modes?

Do you mean you can switch GDI vs D3D and interlace artifact mode only shows corrupted on GDI mode? Sounds strange.
Old 14 October 2022, 20:12   #72
Ponki1986

Quote:
Ok, so it was not GDI. D3D9/11 modes should still be exact same as previously. Did you recheck that 4.9.1 work differently? (It is not some driver change or GPU profile change etc..)

Select D3D11 with logging enabled and check winuaelog.txt. Perhaps there is some missing driver/HW requirement or something like that.
I have run version 4.9.1 and Direct3D version 11 works fine on it, both Software and Hardware. One time I even managed to run 4.9.2 with Direct3D 11 as well, but before that it was necessary to run 4.9.1. It looks like 4.9.2 can't load the right libraries into memory and version 4.9.1 must have done it for it beforehand. I don't know if this statement is correct, as I'm not a programmer, but it looks like that to me. Under version 11 of Direct3D the image blur is only correct for lower resolutions, smaller than I have WB set. I attach the log files and the configuration file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WinUAEFiles.zip (131.2 KB, 53 views)
Old 14 October 2022, 23:37   #73
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
GDI just copy internal bitmap to desktop using basic win32 GDI functions, it shouldn't affect brightness. Perhaps you have some GPU specific config for Direct3D modes?

Do you mean you can switch GDI vs D3D and interlace artifact mode only shows corrupted on GDI mode? Sounds strange.
GDI is brighter and as far as I know I have no other configs setup for D3D.

No the corruption happens in GDI, DX9 and DX11. The odd thing is the mouse cursor is not affected that still shows clear.

Think I found a bug with the screenshot feature unless its how it now works, Winuae will not save a screenshot unless "create 256 colour palette indexed screenshot if possible" is selected.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.png
Views:	83
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	76827  

Last edited by enigma776; 15 October 2022 at 15:32.
Old 15 October 2022, 10:49   #74
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Status report: Cycle-accurate 68000 IPL sample position emulation is almost done. Currently re-running all cputester test cases.

"IPL sample position" = when 68000 microcode detects if IPL line has changed, this depends on instruction and addressing mode. This affects when new interrupt starts, if it happens early enough during current instruction, interrupt can start when current instruction ends but if it happens later, following instruction is executed first.

This can affect programs (probably only games and demos) that for example enable interrupts and interrupt is already pending. Depending on used instructions, interrupt can start immediately or after next instruction. It can even break bad programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
GDI is brighter and as far as I know I have no other configs setup for D3D.
It looks same here (except when using D3D11 + HDR mode).

Quote:
Think I found a but with the screenshot feature unless its how it now works, Winuae will not save a screenshot unless "create 256 colour palette indexed screenshot if possible" is selected.
Confirmed, it still tries to create palette mode png even if color depth is >8..

Quote:
Remove interlace artifact
Confirmed broken. This is a hack that will always break when chipset emulation gets changed..
Old 15 October 2022, 15:31   #75
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I have run version 4.9.1 and Direct3D version 11 works fine on it, both Software and Hardware. One time I even managed to run 4.9.2 with Direct3D 11 as well, but before that it was necessary to run 4.9.1. It looks like 4.9.2 can't load the right libraries into memory and version 4.9.1 must have done it for it beforehand. I don't know if this statement is correct, as I'm not a programmer, but it looks like that to me. Under version 11 of Direct3D the image blur is only correct for lower resolutions, smaller than I have WB set. I attach the log files and the configuration file.
WinUAE sees Windows version as "5.1.2600 Service Pack 3" (=XP). Did you force some compatibility mode? This causes problems.
Old 15 October 2022, 16:36   #76
Ponki1986

Quote:
WinUAE sees Windows version as "5.1.2600 Service Pack 3" (=XP). Did you force some compatibility mode? This causes problems.
Yes, that's right. I have WinUAE set to XP SP3 compatibility mode, and with administrator rights. Without this, RTG games that use PiP opened a black window on Workbench. An example of the Genetic Species game, where the open window was black, but you can hear the sound. I had forgotten about these XP compatibility mode settings. I'll try to check it today.

I wrote about it once in this thread http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=97408

EDIT: I disabled XP compatibility. Version 4.9.2 of WinUAE ran without any problems in Direct3D 11 mode, both Software and Hardware. There is also no problem with WB screen smoothing, as I wrote about earlier. Unfortunately, the PiP problem has returned. Games and programs using this feature display a black window. Identical to the thread indicated above. I wonder what is wrong with my Windows 7 x86?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221015_200917.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	997.4 KB
ID:	76834  

Last edited by Ponki1986; 15 October 2022 at 20:23.
Old 15 October 2022, 16:41   #77
Rock'n Roll
German Translator

After WinUAE start the trainer function works, but after changing
a game (change *.adf) and a reset it can be that the C command don't
found possible addressess anymore for any values. Maybe a C-reset is needed.

>C5
Scanning.. 00000000 - 00200000 (Chip memory)
Scanning.. 00c00000 - 00c80000 (Slow memory)
Found 0 possible addresses with 0x5 (5) (1 bytes)
>C 0
Scanning.. 00000000 - 00200000 (Chip memory)
Scanning.. 00c00000 - 00c80000 (Slow memory)
Found 0 possible addresses with 0x0 (0) (1 bytes)
>
Old 15 October 2022, 22:00   #78
Xiantrius

I still have an idea what's missing.
Somehow I miss it like the real Amiga.
If I press the 3 reset buttons for a long time, e.g. 3 seconds.
Do you want it to be done as a hard reset?
It occurs to me that you can't do that unless I press F12 the Reset button in the config.

best regards,
Xiantrius
Old 16 October 2022, 10:56   #79
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Unfortunately, the PiP problem has returned. Games and programs using this feature display a black window. Identical to the thread indicated above. I wonder what is wrong with my Windows 7 x86?
Sounds like "internal" 16-bit screen mode. Does anything change if you select 32 bit mode in WinUAE display panel (even if you use windowed mode!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiantrius View Post
I still have an idea what's missing.
Somehow I miss it like the real Amiga.
If I press the 3 reset buttons for a long time, e.g. 3 seconds.
Do you want it to be done as a hard reset?
This is not request thread but consider it done
(+Reset is done immediately when keys are pressed but reset only continues after releasing at least one key)

Hard reset is already possible by including also ALT key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock'n Roll View Post
After WinUAE start the trainer function works, but after changing
a game (change *.adf) and a reset it can be that the C command don't
found possible addressess anymore for any values. Maybe a C-reset is needed.
C without parameter resets.
Old 16 October 2022, 12:49   #80
rutra80

Scanlines settings on Filter tab don't work as expected with Integer scaling - 1:1 makes no scanlines at all, only changes brightness, 1:2 looks like 1:1 should etc.
Toni could you please by the way make separate settings for laced & non-laced modes? Separate shaders would be awesome too...