English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 18 May 2017, 20:59   #21
ma693541
Computer Wizard

I have spoken to Mike at Cloanto about trying out this release and it's not an public one yet, but a beta release.
Old 18 May 2017, 21:51   #22
Goggles

Received this Tweet from @Indie_RetroNEWS "Official EAB moderator and support changelog provided. If it turns out to be bogus, we will give them a kick in the shins "
Old 18 May 2017, 21:55   #23
Viceroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggles View Post
Received this Tweet from @Indie_RetroNEWS "Official EAB moderator and support changelog provided. If it turns out to be bogus, we will give them a kick in the shins "
Haha What a carry on!
Old 18 May 2017, 22:13   #24
Goggles

Yep... People should do some fact checking before posting news like that... Jump the gun much!? LOL
Old 18 May 2017, 23:16   #25
ma693541
Computer Wizard

Maybe Cloanto will wait with the public release of Amiga Forever 2017 after AmiKit X have gone online and public. It's now 1 day and under 1 hour to the release of AmiKit X.
Old 18 May 2017, 23:20   #26
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggles View Post
Yep... People should do some fact checking before posting news like that... Jump the gun much!? LOL
Yeh and from a moderator of EAB too
Old 18 May 2017, 23:21   #27
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Yeh and from a moderator of EAB too
ROFL

...I was going to say that earlier but thought I better not, but now that you've mentioned it...

Naughty Crashdisk; just because you got a pre-release (probably due to status) doesn't mean it's public as yet!!!
Old 19 May 2017, 06:10   #28
Crashdisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
ROFL

...I was going to say that earlier but thought I better not, but now that you've mentioned it...

Naughty Crashdisk; just because you got a pre-release (probably due to status) doesn't mean it's public as yet!!!
I just reported the news of the 2017 version, I did not say that this version was officially launched...
Old 19 May 2017, 19:52   #29
Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashdisk View Post
I just reported the news of the 2017 version, I did not say that this version was officially launched...
Didn't say that you did - sorry if it seemed implied. It was Indie Retro News breaking the story that started all the confusion. Based on your post here, they worded their story as though it was released...

Quote "It's another late one and a good one at that, as Cloanto have released a new update version of Amiga Forever as Amiga Forever 7 (2017)"

Cheers!
Old 23 June 2017, 17:56   #30
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Amiga Forever 7 - Cloanto has OFFICIALLY released the latest Amiga emulator package

Quote:
Cloanto have OFFICIALLY released a new update version of Amiga Forever as Amiga Forever 7 . Regarded as one of the top Amiga emulation software packages for the home computer and also from the same team behind C64 Forever, this latest version brings it bang up to scratch with a large list of fixes and improvements that you really should be updating to if you want the very best in Amiga preservation, emulation and support packages! As in their words : Amiga Forever 7 closes the circle between gaming, productivity and preservation of digital culture while adding new features and providing access to a universe of free and legal downloads.
News
http://www.indieretronews.com/2017/0...fficially.html

Site Info
https://www.amigaforever.com/
Old 24 June 2017, 00:28   #31
Crashdisk

The news is valid now that we can buy it?

Last revision of the changelog
  • It is now possible to add custom content folders under My Folders, and even change the location of the built-in Amiga Files and CBM Files folders. Right-click the folders and playlists to explore these new features.
  • The Tools/Options dialog contains several new tabs, sections and settings, including new controls for emulation, input, graphics and audio. The help tips make it easy to explore the new options: just pause the pointer over the desired feature to view context-specific help.
  • All general keyboard shortcuts (escape, pause, turbo, screen capture, etc.) are now grouped in the General section, under Tools/Options/Input.
  • General (not title-specific) game controller options can also be set in Tools/Options/Input. These global settings are defined as profiles, with features dedicated to standard game controllers (e.g. joysticks), keyboard layouts (e.g. direction and fire keys which can be used if your PC doesn't have a joystick) and arcade controllers (including presets for X-Arcade and I-PAC devices). Input profiles provide abstraction and increased compatibility, as they can be used and changed at runtime without having to modify actual titles, while retaining preferences even if the hardware changes. The individual titles maintain maximum portability across systems and emulation engines.
  • To edit title-specific input settings, right-click a title, select Edit, and open the Input tab. Emulated devices and buttons can be reconfigured here, if necessary (e.g. to swap joystick ports or fire buttons on a per-title basis). New input options include multitap ports (i.e. extra joystick adapters). Virtual buttons make it possible to fire keyboard actions based on host game controller actions, e.g. to joystick-enable non-joystick games, or to use extra controller buttons for titles that used a mix of joystick and keyboard controls. Autofire (more broadly, autorepeat, as it works on any key) can be enabled and adjusted here as well. If you are curating content for mobile and touch-screen playback, mark buttons that are not used as Unused.
  • The main player window can now be closed without affecting any emulation sessions (playback windows) which may be running. Use the "Open main window" button at the top left of the playback window to open the main player interface again.
  • Titles launched from Windows File Explorer now just open the playback window, without also opening the main player window. Use the "Open main window" button at the top left of the playback window to open (or close) the main player interface.
  • All emulation environments now support Type Clipboard Text (in the Tools menu of the playback window), which "pastes" clipboard text by simulating fast keyboard typing. The feature is Unicode-aware and automatically translates between different host and guest keyboard layouts. Support for Japanese Commodore systems is included as well. To set the guest keyboard layout, right-click the title, select Edit, and select the Guest layout in the Input tab. For Amiga systems, you need to make sure that this matches the layout set via SetMap or SetKeyboard. Once this is done, you can paste the full Amiga character set (even characters not appearing on the keyboard). For CBM systems, the correct ROM is automatically set based on the title selection. If you have a very fast (or very slow) system, you can manually adjust the Typematic rate setting under Tools/Options/Emulation.
  • The default internal audio frequency can now be switched between 44.1 and 48 kHz with the new Tools/Options/Emulation/Audio/Preferred Sample Rate setting. If you are aiming for perfect sound quality, you can adjust this to minimize resampling overhead, taking into account the native frequency of the sound board.
  • The new Show Manifest/Show Changes button in the title editor helps power users be in full control of configuration, description and other details.
  • Would you like to customize a shared system disk used by a title, without affecting other titles? Go to the Media tab, select the disk, click Edit, and change the Location from Built-in to Embedded. This will embed a copy of the disk in the RP9 package of the title. If you already made undesired changes to a shared system disk, you can select Restore System Files... from the Tools menu.
  • Do you need to mount a bootable Amiga hardfile to a title, without actually booting from it? We do this frequently too, as part of our Amiga Forever development work. In the Media tab, select the disk, click Edit, uncheck Use defaults and set Boot priority to -128. This does not write anything to the actual Amiga disk image, it is an attribute that is only stored in the RP9 title manifest. The disk will then appear normally in the emulation, except that the system won't use it to boot.
  • If you use hardfiles a lot, but you also enjoy the portability benefits of RP9s packages, have a look at the new "deployable" hardfiles, which combine the convenience of embedded disks with the superior performance of external images.
  • Fancy autostarting Windows into your favorite Amiga (or CBM) configuration? Just drag and drop the title over the Autostart playlist. The title will be launched in fullscreen on startup. For more information on automatic logon, see Booting a PC into Workbench (or C64, or PET/CBM...)
Old 24 June 2017, 02:52   #32
Sinphaltimus

Seriously, none of you see any mention of the new version on their website?

Or where to purchase it? (I clicked the reduced price for upgrade link)

https://www.amigaforever.com/shop/?ref=af-previous
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	143
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	53521  
Old 24 June 2017, 09:59   #33
Crashdisk

Products > Shop > Online Store
https://www.amigaforever.com/shop/
Old 24 June 2017, 18:57   #34
LieutLaww

Also customers who bought the 2016 version in the past 3 months will be getting an email to upgrade for free and past customers will be getting an email to upgrade at a reduced price.
Old 26 June 2017, 14:48   #35
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

There's me making a thread telling people its out, telling people where to buy it and yet everything is being reposted and even some are saying its out lol
Old 26 June 2017, 14:49   #36
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
Seriously, none of you see any mention of the new version on their website?

Nope, never have!
Old 26 June 2017, 17:40   #37
Sinphaltimus

It's rather easy to do. I saw your other thread and hours later saw this thread. I thought they were one in the same. So I posted here thinking I was posting on the other thread. Thanks for quoting be there.
Old 26 June 2017, 18:09   #38
DamienD
Banned

Threads merged
Old 26 June 2017, 18:15   #39
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Threads merged
Pff atleast it was an official thread and not a leaked one

- But thanks