English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 26 June 2016, 21:47   #41
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
which difference is between the version you supplied to codetapper and the one by dlfrsilver?
My version should be the same as SPS #0031 (see HERE also for WHD beta patch by Codetapper), which lacks data for the last two levels (presumably due to a duplication error in first runs of the game) and is probably what all the scene cracks would be based on.

Denis' version is the complete game - he made an extended ADF of it (see HERE), but for whatever reason it isn't in SPS.

There's more info. about the different versions in this thread.

@Denis
Did your version come from an original retail release or the Finale compilation?

Quote:
it seems the pauses bug is related to the game running on the A1200 o related to the a 020+ because it doesn't appear when playing it on a plain A500
The bug exists on any Amiga with 68020 and above IIRC. Maybe someone else here can verify this on real hardware, otherwise I will try and test the game on A2000/030 here to confirm.

Last edited by DrBong; 26 June 2016 at 22:02. Reason: Added links.
Old 26 June 2016, 21:56   #42
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post

The bug exists on any Amiga with 68020 and above IIRC. Maybe someone else here can verify this on real hardware, otherwise I will try and test the game on A2000/030 here to confirm.
I tested the game on my real A1200 some time ago and there are pauses in all versions, excepting of course the CFOU version which is fixed

test it on the your A2000/030 to confirm is a cpu issue and not AGA issue
Old 26 June 2016, 22:10   #43
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
My version should be the same as SPS #0031 (see HERE also for WHD beta patch by Codetapper), which lacks data for the last two levels (presumably due to a duplication error in first runs of the game) and is probably what all the scene cracks would be based on.

Denis' version is the complete game - he made an extended ADF of it (see HERE), but for whatever reason it isn't in SPS.

There's more info. about the different versions in this thread.

@Denis
Did your version come from an original retail release or the Finale compilation?

So shorts answers

My version has been duplicated in early 1991, and is the 3rd revision of this software, basically the full version with a 512k and a 1mb program code, as well as music+sound effects.

The Finale compilation also include this latest revision since revision 1 and 2 of GNG are broken. SPS has a dump of it from me, as it was requested quite a long time ago.

Next, the source of the freezing was a "bug" in the music driver of this game, and that's what CFOU's patched. The bug triggers on any machine with a CPU other than a 68000.
Old 26 June 2016, 22:51   #44
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@Denis
Thanks for solving those mysteries! Bertrand never mentioned in the WHD version thread what the source of the slowdown bug was, and bizarrely no-one in that long thread ever asked him either.

Anyway, it's good to know that my memory of it being a problem on higher CPU's - rather than just AGA - was spot-on too!! You've also saved me the hassle of dragging out my A2000/030 just to test the game, so thank you again for the info!

Last edited by DrBong; 26 June 2016 at 23:18.
Old 02 July 2016, 17:35   #45
CHRIS-F

Hi Guys,

I'm confused, Ghosts n' Goblins is one of my all time favourite games, but Reading the thread I'm still non the wiser, I know a few of you guys have fixed various bugs etc, but is there a working ADF version for the A500+ ? The Scope of my knowledge is transfer an ADF image to a real floppy on the Amiga using Amiga explorer and a null modem cable, I don't have the first clue what an extended ADF is or what a WHD is. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a working adf of G n' G? (for the A500+)
2. what is an extended adf is it possible to put one on 1 disk? (is there a tutorial?)
3. What is a whd does it only apply to the newer Amiga 600,1200 or is it available for A500+ also?

sorry for all the questions,
I'm new to the Amiga. (apart from playing games back in the day)

Regards,
Chris.
Old 02 July 2016, 18:13   #46
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS-F View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm confused, Ghosts n' Goblins is one of my all time favourite games, but Reading the thread I'm still non the wiser, I know a few of you guys have fixed various bugs etc, but is there a working ADF version for the A500+ ? The Scope of my knowledge is transfer an ADF image to a real floppy on the Amiga using Amiga explorer and a null modem cable, I don't have the first clue what an extended ADF is or what a WHD is. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a working adf of G n' G? (for the A500+)
2. what is an extended adf is it possible to put one on 1 disk? (is there a tutorial?)
3. What is a whd does it only apply to the newer Amiga 600,1200 or is it available for A500+ also?

sorry for all the questions,
I'm new to the Amiga. (apart from playing games back in the day)

Regards,
Chris.
In short :

1. yes there is one, you'll pick it here : http://www.flashtro.com/index.php?e=...5&id=4221&a=dl

2. An extended ADF is an ADF containing custom or protected amiga games (or software). In your case, since you have an A500+, you should go to the standard ADF with trainer.

3. Whdload can be used with A1200, A600 (with enough emory), as well as A500+ with a turbo board + ram expansion.
Old 03 July 2016, 22:49   #47
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi9 View Post
Hey musashi9,

Many thanks for this cool Flashtro release

...just got back from the Dominican Republic so have downloaded and will test soon
Old 04 July 2016, 16:06   #48
CHRIS-F

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
In short :

1. yes there is one, you'll pick it here : http://www.flashtro.com/index.php?e=...5&id=4221&a=dl

2. An extended ADF is an ADF containing custom or protected amiga games (or software). In your case, since you have an A500+, you should go to the standard ADF with trainer.

3. Whdload can be used with A1200, A600 (with enough emory), as well as A500+ with a turbo board + ram expansion.

Thanks for the link much appreciated, it actually redirected me because I'm not registered, and although I tried to register, I didn't receive an email registration conformation, so every time I try to log in it says "registered but not confirmed, if I try to re register it says I am already registered but not confirmed" is it just me lol.

Anyway I managed to navigate the site from the re-directed link and find the download and the adf is working under A500+ under emulation anyway, can't wait to dump the adf to a floppy and try it.

Thanks again,
Chris.
Old 04 July 2016, 16:09   #49
CHRIS-F

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Hey musashi9,

Many thanks for this cool Flashtro release

...just got back from the Dominican Republic so have downloaded and will test soon
I'll second that :-) I wish I could code myself but as I can't, I thoroughly appreciate the help from others who can. Thank you musashi9, Thanks and Thanks again :-)
Old 04 July 2016, 23:26   #50
TjLaZer

Here is the direct link to the game

http://www.flashtro.com/index.php?e=...ghlight=GHOSTS
Old 05 July 2016, 11:03   #51
CHRIS-F

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjLaZer View Post
Here is the direct link to the game

http://www.flashtro.com/index.php?e=...ghlight=GHOSTS
I found it now, thanks anyway, much appreciated.

Chris.
Old 08 July 2016, 21:05   #52
ghosty777

Quote:
Originally Posted by B14ck W01f View Post
...or maybe fixing the game up is just too difficult for him.
late in the day here, but that's really unfair!
Old 15 July 2016, 04:27   #53
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

It is a joke, hence the emoji. But I guess like some people I come across, you wouldn't understand that, would you?

Last edited by B14ck W01f; 15 July 2016 at 08:27.
Old 09 November 2016, 20:07   #54
ghosty777

Quote:
Originally Posted by B14ck W01f View Post
It is a joke, hence the emoji. But I guess like some people I come across, you wouldn't understand that, would you?
ok, watch it. there's no place for that kind of attitude around here.
Old 10 November 2016, 18:26   #55
Vollldo

Calm down everyone, it was a joke since everyone here knows Galahad is a pro coder. Instead of getting mad for nothing i invite both of you to put your energy to play the game and try to beat it hehe.

Old 02 August 2017, 08:53   #56
jotd
This cat is no more

The first "turn in the air & jump with second button" version was done by me round 1994 on a floppy version, using ARIII and A500. 2 problems:

- was done on the corrupt version (or "no sound"), don't remember
- I lost the floppy

but I did the JST patch with that and provided CFou the code so he could adapt to whdload & all the nice fixes he added.

Last edited by jotd; 14 September 2018 at 00:03.
Old 14 August 2022, 21:15   #57
dafc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Hi Damien, for the little story, there are 3 different versions of this game. Please go on the EAB server, check in my folder, and you'll find my own ghost'n'goblins original disk image version in Extended ADF.

The IPF 0031 is one of the faulty releases.

It is the early 1991 batch release, 1mb version with music and sound fx, and all the level 100%.

there is big thread you missed during your absence here :

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ght=ghosts%27n

CFOU made an install by the way of each of the 3 versions under whdload.

How can I save extended adf to a physical floppy disk? I do not have a hard drive in the A1200. Is it possible to write a floppy disk without a hard disk? (I can't PM you because your inbox is full).