English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 22 October 2005, 06:23   #1
HonoredShadow
Zone Friend

Help With getting Quake I & II working on WinUAE please?

I have Quake I & II on the PC. I have GLQuake.exe in the QUAKE directory. I also have a file called quake68k in the same directory. Apparently this is needed to run it on Amiga?

What else do i need please? I dont know what else im suppost to do. i have a Harddrive setup with Workbench so i sort of know what im doing. I even have Doom working on WinUAE!. But i just dont know what next?

If i click quake68k in workbench i get a box appearing saying cant open AGA screen? How do i fix this as i have my set up in the emulator as AGA chipset AMIGA 1200. I followed the advice off someone in Lemon Amiga site that had a good setup so....

Please could anyone send me a few files or tell me what i should do next?

Thanks all.

Last edited by HonoredShadow; 22 October 2005 at 06:52.
Old 22 October 2005, 14:15   #2
RetroMan

Did you allready copy the PAK Files from your PC Version into ID1 directory (which must be inside the QUAKE dir) ???

P.S : Btw. with that you will only get Quake I working, Quake II needs commercial exe from Hyperions Quake II .... no free 68k exe for Q2 !
Old 22 October 2005, 15:17   #3
_ThEcRoW
Amiga NetRunner

Is there a 68k exe for Quake2 (free or not)?, i thought it was only ppc.
Old 22 October 2005, 15:24   #4
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ThEcRoW
Is there a 68k exe for Quake2 (free or not)?, i thought it was only ppc.
Yes, you can d/l it from Hyperkon's website after you have registered the game at their site
Will give the game a go when I've recieved a Cybervision PPC gfx card which I'll use together with my Cyberstorm MKIII '060 in my A3000
It's quite cool that this kind of game can run on a '060 machine, but it wouldn't be possible without Warp3D
Old 22 October 2005, 21:08   #5
HonoredShadow
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroMan
Did you allready copy the PAK Files from your PC Version into ID1 directory (which must be inside the QUAKE dir) ???

P.S : Btw. with that you will only get Quake I working, Quake II needs commercial exe from Hyperions Quake II .... no free 68k exe for Q2 !
Erm... i may have missed something here. All i have is one directory @ C:\Quake. Inside their is PC Quake with 68k file for Amiga and inside the ID1 directory everything is still compressed.

Could someone tell me what im missing? How do i uncompress the directorys and to where?

A step by step would be nice as ive not done anything like this in a while since about Quake 2 came out when i had to decompress the files back then! But i cant reember now.

Thanks for the advice guys
Old 22 October 2005, 21:39   #6
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
The 68k installer from Hyperion has an install script which installs everything needed from the Quake II cd
If I'm not mistaken you need the PPC install cd too