English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Music

Old 18 August 2023, 15:43   #1
bcass

Anyone help extracting MOD files from Archimedes games?

Anyone here with the relevant skills / tools interested in helping to extract MOD files from some Archimedes games? Here are two to start with:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!An8bgBzIkhd-oXss...2z8MF?e=l4mr8X

Ballarena - These are all the files from the version of the game with the protection removed. The MOD files will most likely to present in the f1, f2, f3 file(s).

Legend of the Lost Temple - this is the file with the music in it. I can upload the other files if needed but am fairly certain this is the only file containing music.

It's possible that these aren't MOD files, but I think that most Archimedes games used this format, or variants.
Old 18 August 2023, 16:00   #2
bcass

If anyone has problems accessing the OneDrive link let me know and I will try and upload elsewhere (alternative suggestions welcome).
Old 18 August 2023, 17:44   #3
Bren McGuire

easiest way to recognize a mod file is looking for the "M.K." or "M!K!"string and there's no such thing in these three files so maybe it is not actually protracker mod format or these strings were removed to make the mod harder to find

keep in mind other trackers made "mod" extension files but they were not protracker mod format even protracker 3.x uses .mod but is a different format
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcass View Post
Ballarena - These are all the files from the version of the game with the protection removed. The MOD files will most likely to present in the f1, f2, f3 file(s).
Old 18 August 2023, 20:27   #4
Karlos
Alien Bleed

I seem to recall many trackers for Archimedes were 8 channel and so aren't likely to be format compatible.
Old 18 August 2023, 20:42   #5
bcass

Although the Archimedes hardware and the Archimedes SoundTracker application supports 8 channels it was actually not common for games to use more than 4. As someone who has owned an Archimedes since the 90s, I can not recall a single game that used more than 4 channels.
Old 19 August 2023, 15:20   #6
Axxy

I had a quick look, Prowiz finds nothing as did Mrip3 (pc). So, I presume none tracker.

I did a quick search for music on the Archimedes and found a few tunes on UT. Sound very tracker like and some were imports of Amiga modules. I did find a Soundtracker program called !coconizer that had 8 channels, no idea if anything like Protracker format. I didn't even know that computer even had sound...

Last edited by Axxy; 19 August 2023 at 15:30. Reason: update
Old 19 August 2023, 17:05   #7
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
I seem to recall many trackers for Archimedes were 8 channel and so aren't likely to be format compatible.
Whilst some were 8 channel, majority only played 4 channels in the actual game because with the Arc, the more channels you use, then the sound quality starts to be affected.
Old 19 August 2023, 17:42   #8
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Both custom ARC formats.

Can't see anything relevant to Protracker on Amiga, although I know many Amiga Protracker mods were played on the Arc, like Krisalis/Matt Furniss.

Ballarena - F3 hold the music samples, but theres nothing recognisable as format in relation to Amiga

Lost Temple - Lots of coder type references to sample start, sample end etc, only common denominator is the ID word of "PATT" presumably to denote "PATTERN", maybe a bespoke Arc music program.
Old 03 January 2024, 16:11   #9
bcass

In lieu of ripped files, I have started to upload recordings of some of my favourite Archimedes music here:

https://www.youtube.com/@The_Archimedes

Full soundtracks uploaded so far for Overload (Paradise), Tactic (Eterna), FRED (Software 42), and Warlocks (Network 23).

I will add more over time, as time permits.