English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 22 January 2006, 03:22   #1
Amiga2000

Post The-Amiga-Zone website

I officially launched my Amiga website this week, my intention is that it will be a kind of mirror site for WinUAE/Fellow emulators and a useful resource for finding the best Amiga sites.

There is a small section on the website dedicated to Jay Miner with some interesting links.

The website is hosted by The-Commodore-Zone but is available at its own domain name: The-Amiga-Zone

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Old 22 January 2006, 11:43   #2
woody57

The site seems to have a link list of the best known Amiga interst sites together in one place

And mirroring downloads for the main Emulators is certainly no bad thing .

The question of site design is only raised with LARGE advertising/animation at the top of your opening page ???

Otherwise you have certainly chosen to host some sections that are NOT normaly easily found eg "The Jay Miner" piece

Hopefully this will NOT be your only post here as many of the sites you link to are part of EAB Abimenet member produced, hosted & maintained sites.

Consequently while I have taken 20minutes to browse your link,forum & search criteria database, that alone is not enough time to research and evaluate your site, fully.

Please keep us informed of any further changes and updates of your site
Old 25 January 2006, 00:34   #3
Amiga2000

Thanks for your comments.

I think you maybe right with regard to the Large animation at the top of the screen. In the next update I will consider reducing the size of the animation - the character is supposed to speak as well but it does not work quite as it should at the moment!

I will keep you posted of any updates / changes to the Amiga page and I will make sure that I update the emulators on a regular basis to make sure the latest one is always available for download.